Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-08-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
That dude's like a Tom Waits with functioning vocal chords. Maybe a little Nick Cave thrown in there for good measure.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
BTW, Hobbes, do you have a wristband or badge for SXSW?

I usually go without.
Neither, but I did buy RSVPster, which has basically gotten me on the list for nearly every party being held throughout the festival. For $30, I'd say it was totally worth it.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That dude's like a Tom Waits with functioning vocal chords. Maybe a little Nick Cave thrown in there for good measure.
I definitely agree with this

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Neither, but I did buy RSVPster, which has basically gotten me on the list for nearly every party being held throughout the festival. For $30, I'd say it was totally worth it.
Cool. You down here for the music portion only, no?

Maybe we can meet up for a beer or two or lunch.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Correct. Flying down on Monday and leaving the following Monday. Beers/lunch it is!

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 03-08-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's touring with my friend Kendra (they also collaborate) right now and he gave me his CD after I saw them play last week. There's some good stuff on there, but I've been playing this song on repeat, best off a damn good album in my opinion. I've seen a lot of the Waits comparisons floating around though

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's touring with my friend Kendra (they also collaborate) right now and he gave me his CD after I saw them play last week. There's some good stuff on there, but I've been playing this song on repeat, best off a damn good album in my opinion. I've seen a lot of the Waits comparisons floating around though
Are you really friends with Kendra or are you fantasizing?
Old 03-08-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you really friends with Kendra or are you fantasizing?
I've had to watch her cat while she's been on tour, its very much real

Old 03-08-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've had to watch her cat while she's been on tour, its very much real
That's awesome dude. I love her cover of Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Sweet deal that it's on the Dead Man Down trailer.

She's got a very soulful voice.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's awesome dude. I love her cover of Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Sweet deal that it's on the Dead Man Down trailer.

She's got a very soulful voice.
She really is fantastic, I'm thrilled to finally see that she's getting exposure. Her first album was listed as one of the best 15 soul records of 2012 and she's getting a lot of praise for Shine On You Crazy Diamond. I couldn't be more happy for her and she deserves it all.

Here's the song if any of you haven't heard it

Old 03-08-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Pipes, she's got 'em.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 03-08-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe we can meet up for a beer or two or lunch.
I don't get this treatment? ******* clown shoes.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Brent, you're coming with us. That's a given.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 03-08-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I don't get this treatment? ******* clown shoes.
Hell yes! I had no idea you'd be in town. Just let me know whenever. We can sync up next week and get a gameplan going.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

2 Dude & A Macbook FTW

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 03-09-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you loved them in 8th grade made me think of nirvana and linkin park

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda late on this one but really liking their sound.

TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gaaaaaaaaaary
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you dislike this band or song then **** you.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Who is meeting Hobbes and I in Austin this week? I've already been warming up at SXSW and I feel that my liver can take on a youthful challenge.

What day are we meeting? Friday?
Old 03-12-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know of anyone who genuinely hates Justin Timberlake; only people that pretend to. Streaming his album on iTunes for free right now.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Who is meeting Hobbes and I in Austin this week? I've already been warming up at SXSW and I feel that my liver can take on a youthful challenge.

What day are we meeting? Friday?
Just got into town a few hours ago. I'm pretty open to whatever, though the girls I'll be with (my girlfriend and her Austinite friend) may have something to say about that. Either way, we'll make it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I don't know of anyone who genuinely hates Justin Timberlake; only people that pretend to. Streaming his album on iTunes for free right now.
JT is the man and everyone knows it.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 03-12-2013, 07:28 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Kinda late on this one but really liking their sound.

Electric Guest was at Roo last year, and it took me till about a month ago to listen to their album, but I'm pissed I waited so long. They are really ******* sick. The singer has that confident flair to him that he just whips out these sick little ditties, and all their stuff is just so ******* groovy. This is one of my favorite songs by them too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post

Gaaaaaaaaaary
Dude's a monster. I realized last summer I got to see Jack White, Gary Clark Jr., and Dan Aurbach, and then I pooped. Gary Clark Jr is one of those live shows where you almost can't help but watch him perfectly still and quiet, because he is that good. I really want to see him again soon, but idk if I'm going to have that opportunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I heard these guys last night, and was actually coming in here to post this video. Its real unique sounding stuff, and I like it a lot. They are very good at conveying tone in their music, the arrangement and instrumentation and her voice. It keeps you in suspense even when the music is more toned back. Its almost like a more chilled out Florence and the Machine in terms of her singing at least.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I don't hate him personally or as a musician. He seems like a nice guy, easy to get along with, but I don't understand the people who say he's one of the best living musicians/most talented actors, etc. He is an awful actor and just another pop "musician", but hey that **** gets you Grammys, and I don't have one, so who am I to judge too harshly?

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote