Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Let's relax. I realize I was blinded by my homer glasses last night when they went in to Denver as far as putting money on them but to call them frauds is ridiculous. We all know how good Denver is at home. I'll still take the Clippers to beat anyone but the Thunder in the West in a best of 7, though. Ironically, that statement is coming from a Lakers fan.

Eh. Not so sure about all of that.
Same as when you asked before, I think the Nuggets match up very well against the Clippers. One of the few front courts that can match the Clippers Athletically.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still seizes to amaze me that as soon as someone says something about a team a person's reaction is always to call out that poster's team.

As a basketball fan, it is pretty obvious that the clippers have struggled against top end competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's just coast past Philly for #17 and get ready for the Pacers on Sunday.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Still seizes to amaze me that as soon as someone says something about a team a person's reaction is always to call out that poster's team.

As a basketball fan, it is pretty obvious that the clippers have struggled against top end competition.

Against San Antonio: 2-1
Against Memphis: 2-0
Against Denver: 1-2
Against OKC: 0-3
Against Miami: 1-1
Against Indiana: 1-0
Against New York: 1-0

Meh, they're perfectly fine against teams that aren't OKC.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Detroit Pistons will have salary cap space this offseason and O.J. Mayo figures to be at the top of their wish list, especially if Jose Calderon does not re-sign.

If Calderon leaves, Mayo will be able to slide into the Pistons' shooting guard spot while moving Brandon Knight back to point guard.

The Pistons most likely will first see what they plan to do with Calderon and Knight, who have been starting alongside each other in the backcourt since Calderon was traded from the Toronto Raptors.

Dumars is going to ******* do it again.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-08-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knight and Mayo?

Old 03-08-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'd much rather re-sign Calderon, draft a SG like Oladipo, and pretend that Knight is a passable sixth man for a year before he goes away.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-08-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything that involves us getting Oladipo is a good plan I say. No idea why Dumars would want Mayo.. Well, I have an idea, but it's not a good one..
Old 03-08-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Did you watch ESPN the other day or something? They said the same thing, it was something along the lines of Clippers vs Elite Talent, I think. As Brodeur pointed out, it's overblown.

tjsunstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'd much rather re-sign Calderon, draft a SG like Oladipo, and pretend that Knight is a passable sixth man for a year before he goes away.
any plan that has Calderon as the starter isn't a good one
Old 03-08-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pistons are gonna go all Charlie Villanueva again. I love it.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
any plan that has Calderon as the starter isn't a good one
Yeah I hate PGs who are great passers and don't turn the ball over too. We should go for Brandon Jennings.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-08-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calderon is good. Idk why people can't see this. He isn't special, but whatever.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

He's perfect for a developing big like Drummond, and he'd be able to get him nice looks in the post. Knight/Mayo would be a ******* disaster for his development.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-08-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Anything involving Knight as a starting PG is pretty much terrible.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Pistons are gonna go all Charlie Villanueva again. I love it.
If that happened, the only thing keeping me a Pistons fan would be Andre Drummond. I'd be sooo close to disowning them.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I hate PGs who are great passers and don't turn the ball over too. We should go for Brandon Jennings.
so being able to pass the ball and not turn it over are the two things that only matter to you? There is a reason as to why the Raptors fans and team were looking for better options.

He's a very good, off the bench type guy in a rotation at PG. If he could defend, he would make for an excellent closer like Miller for Denver.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if Ty Lawson is a championship caliber PG, what exactly is Calderon? As bad as his defense is.

tjsunstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Stephen Curry is an atrocious defender, who gives a ****?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-08-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It still amazes me that the Raps didn't take Drummond. He falls right into their lap and they reach for Ross. So dumb. Drummond/Val would have been the best young C corp in the league and when it came time to trade one they would have gotten a ton in return. Seemed like such a no brainer at the time which is why it was obvious Colangelo wasn't going to do it.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Calderon wishes he could reach Curry's offensive game. His offense is average(he has a good jumpshot), and his offense is terrible.

You indirectly compared apples to oranges.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
It still amazes me that the Raps didn't take Drummond. He falls right into their lap and they reach for Ross. So dumb. Drummond/Val would have been the best young C corp in the league and when it came time to trade one they would have gotten a ton in return. Seemed like such a no brainer at the time which is why it was obvious Colangelo wasn't going to do it.
At least you don't still have Babcock.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
You're going to extend Rudy's awful contract, so...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-08-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Calderon is not in the same league as Curry. The reason he gets so many assists and not many turnovers is because he dribbles the ball for 20 seconds before doing something every damn play.I like him as a backup but he is not a starter if you want your team to win.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Calderon is not in the same league as Curry. The reason he gets so many assists and not many turnovers is because he dribbles the ball for 20 seconds before doing something every damn play.I like him as a backup but he is not a starter if you want your team to win.
He's better than Brandon Knight.