Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-09-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We tried to make moves last offseason until the Peyton Manning thing happened.

I'd be thrilled if we could walk away with Michael Bennett - he'd be a great DE to stop the run and can move inside on passing downs, Dustin Keller and hopefully Levitre, but I'd be happy with another starting material guard.

I'm still hoping for Dorsey or Ellis, assuming they both want reasonable contracts. Tracy Porter on the outside is worth a shot as well, he signed a 1 yr 4m last season and after being injured this past season is just going to try to get his career back on track, who better than working with the DC that made him popular?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton definitely derailed our offseason last year (he just had to screw us one more time). But one of those moves was potentially Mario Williams at $100M...
Old 03-09-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I don't know about Keller's health, he's played in all 16 games every season except last season. He and Fred Davis are the most complete TEs in FA.

I hate taking a Guard in the top 10. I'd rather trade down with someone. I know it takes two to trade, but if someone gives me a decent offers I'm taking it unless Ansah is there.

I'm just not as high on Warmack as most
Dennis Pitta is another solid TE. I just think he is going to be in the same boat as Cook in asking for too much money.

I agree I wouldnt want to take a Guard at 10 either. I would hope they would trade back if possible. I dont see Ansah getting past the jets. The one DE that I see possibly being there is Bjoern Werner. I wouldnt mind the pick he is a solid DE. I just think Warmack is a great run blocker and thats what we need. But then again I can see Matthews and Munchak waiting to draft OL because they feel they can develop a later draft pick into a good player.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors circulating that Louis Vasquez might become a Colt. If true that would take them out of the Levitre sweepstakes (but bad that the Colts got a solid player).
Old 03-10-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We tried to make moves last offseason until the Peyton Manning thing happened.

I'd be thrilled if we could walk away with Michael Bennett - he'd be a great DE to stop the run and can move inside on passing downs, Dustin Keller and hopefully Levitre, but I'd be happy with another starting material guard.

I'm still hoping for Dorsey or Ellis, assuming they both want reasonable contracts. Tracy Porter on the outside is worth a shot as well, he signed a 1 yr 4m last season and after being injured this past season is just going to try to get his career back on track, who better than working with the DC that made him popular?
Michael Bennett is a fantastic player. Definitely sad that he probably won't be a Buc this year.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post
Dennis Pitta is another solid TE. I just think he is going to be in the same boat as Cook in asking for too much money.

I agree I wouldnt want to take a Guard at 10 either. I would hope they would trade back if possible. I dont see Ansah getting past the jets. The one DE that I see possibly being there is Bjoern Werner. I wouldnt mind the pick he is a solid DE. I just think Warmack is a great run blocker and thats what we need. But then again I can see Matthews and Munchak waiting to draft OL because they feel they can develop a later draft pick into a good player.
Not sure if the Ravens tendered Pitta or not, I wouldnt wanna give up any picks for him.

I think Matthews and Munch can see a 2nd or 3rd round guard as a starter this season and look elsewhere early. I just can't say Warmack is going to help our team all that much more than a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round guard.

some of the best guards in the nfl were not first round picks
Old 03-10-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

We've reportedly expressed interest in Freeney, Osi and Abraham
Old 03-10-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

It was said about a week ago that we were interested in adding a "big name pass rusher". Honestly, I like Bennett the best out of the guys available, but if we could bring one of those older guys in on a reasonable deal it would be a solid addition.

The one guy I'm afraid of is Avril. I just don't think he's worth the price tag that he is likely to demand.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 03-10-2013 at 03:41 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah, not a fan of Avril at all. All the other "older" guys are great for the right price
Old 03-11-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have we made me happy and signed the Bennett Bros, drafted Star or Sheldon, and then taken Kyle Long and Brian Winters yet?

Cause that'll make me super duper happy.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Have we made me happy and signed the Bennett Bros, drafted Star or Sheldon, and then taken Kyle Long and Brian Winters yet?

Cause that'll make me super duper happy.
Give me Michael Bennett, Dustin Keller, draft Ziggy, Warford and then maybe a Brandon Williams and I'm doing backflips
Old 03-11-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Branson Williams more of 2 gap type DT? Haven't seen h in action, and thought he was pretty big but kinda slow. Maybe the titans are looking for that, Mumch said something recently about gettin bigger.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

You and me both TH.

Oh yeah, and please God let us cut Amano.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 03-11-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Star, Cooper, Warmack, or Jonathan Hankins would tickle my pickle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Wyatt seems to be dropping some hints that he thinks we'll land Levitre.

Yay if true!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you post them or tell me what he said bff? I cant get twitter to load for some reason .

Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Is Branson Williams more of 2 gap type DT? Haven't seen h in action, and thought he was pretty big but kinda slow. Maybe the titans are looking for that, Mumch said something recently about gettin bigger.
I've wondered this as well. Jerry Gray has a history in Buffalo as having massive DTs, and I believe running a 2-gap. Casey and Martin were both considered NT prospects so they can play that system to allow the ends to move. Brandon Williams can do that. He can also make plays, moves very well for being 6'1" 330.

I think he can play a Sam Adams, Pat Willaims role best case scenario. If we are wanting to run that D I think he'd be a good selection in the 3rd
Old 03-11-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Can you post them or tell me what he said bff? I cant get twitter to load for some reason .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wyatt
I like the Titans' chances of landing Bills G Andy Levitre. I don't think they'll be outbid & HOFers Munchak/Matthews a good pull 4 olinemen
Seems like he thinks Titans are going to open that check book.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Also, Wyatt says we won't be retaining Kevin Matthews or Kyle DeVan.

Kind of surprised they aren't keeping Matthews.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Jim Wyatt seems to be dropping some hints that he thinks we'll land Levitre.

Yay if true!
I've heard we're the front-runners right now because the Colts prefer Vasquez and the Bills aren't all that interested. The Broncos are reportedly interested in LeVitre, but that seems like a luxury since they're talking about cutting Dumervil to save money. I think Dumervil is more important to them than signing LeVitre
Old 03-11-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I've seen where if the Titans made a fair offer to Michael Bennett he would sign in a heartbeat to get coached by Mallard.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

1. Sign Levitre
2. Sign Michael Bennett
3. Sign other Bennett or Keller
4. Draft Star if health checks out
5. Jizz

Last edited by pierce2walker : 03-11-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've wondered this as well. Jerry Gray has a history in Buffalo as having massive DTs, and I believe running a 2-gap. Casey and Martin were both considered NT prospects so they can play that system to allow the ends to move. Brandon Williams can do that. He can also make plays, moves very well for being 6'1" 330.

I think he can play a Sam Adams, Pat Willaims role best case scenario. If we are wanting to run that D I think he'd be a good selection in the 3rd
I guess I kinda wonder what they want in the NT. Shawn Smith wasn't it. He was big, held his ground, but not very athletic. I wonder if they want kinda what Wade Phillips has used for 34 NT's, a certain mix of strength and athleticism. Not a typical 34 nose, maybe more of a hybrid between that and 43 DT.

I think Martin and Casey both could fill that role...but are they better used as more UT types? Marks played lots of NT last year. He stepped his game up, but I don't think it was what he is best suited for. They are looking at the DT from SF (forget his name). I don't know much about him, read he is 295. Is he looked at as the Marks replacement? Or just another guy for the rotation?

A few big guys maybe could fill a sort of hybrid NT role from what I have seen. Jenkins, Hankins, and Williams if he has good movement skills. Otoh, I'm intrigued by guys like Floyd, Richardson, Short, Kill, etc who can get in the backfield quickly. Then a guy like Star seems to have it all. Yet again it looks like we'll have lots of good choices, but we'll really have to see how FA turns out.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I've stopped trying to figure out what they're trying to do.

All I know is Casey is one of the best young DTs in the league right now, and I think Martin will develop into one as well.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Couple things (mainly from Wyatt):

We tendered Velasco.

We won't be retaining DeVan or Matthews.

We might have interested in Evan Dietrich-Smith: http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2...-on-the-radar/

Lastly, I thought this quote was interesting because it shows Wyatt has a good bit of confidence about Levitre heading our way:

"Velasco is a starting center, IMO, which means the #Titans have 2 open spots on each side of him. One's for Levitre. Warmack could be other"