Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 03-06-2013, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
So you let our only decent CB go in Biggers...you let Blount walk who clearly has value.

Biggers was on my list to keep but i liked the other corners more so decided to see if he would slip if i didn't get the ones i wanted. I don't really see the value in Blount that you can't get out of any other HB in de draft but he still is unsigned so maybe i will bring him back.

Then you signed two CBs that are usually injured and have never been a regular starter in the league. Delanie Walker is decent, good athlete, bad hands, not exactly a free agent treasure. Then you signed a DE that will turn 33 during the season (clearly the Bucs like to invest draft picks in the front 4 but not free agent money). Then you signed a LB that has spent the last portion of his career in a 3-4 and clearly doesn't have the movement necessary for the Bucs 4-3. And then there's Okoye... which I won't even bother with...okay, can't resist, signed him last season, didn't work, didn't endear himself to team, got cut, he bad mouthed the team, then the Bears cut him and his bad knee... he's done with the league... and most definitely the Bucs are done with him.

Derek Cox is one of the best young corners in the league and while he had some injury problems i really think he is much better than Biggers. Brice McCain is a nickle back and i signed him as that. Delanie Walker whil he shows bad hands at times he is a really good blocker and there aren't really any real good TE's this year. I tried to sign Martellus Bennett first wave for market value but he stayed with the Giants for an slightly lesser deal. Larry Grant en Israel Idonije are both depth players and i see Idonije more for a DT spot to get pressure on QB's but he will be a back-up mostly. Grant in my eyes can play the mike and is like i said more a back-up than a starter. Okoye i already admitted the mistake and i agree with the fact he never will be a Buc again.

Then the draft... not nearly as bad as free agency, but still not much thought went in there.

Mingo i could see as a possibility... He could play Sam on run downs and DE on passing downs. He would be our version of Von Miller. It's possible though I would prefer several options over him for that position alone.

I really wanted Xavier Rhodes who i think can very well be the guy that gets picked but he was just taken before me. All 3 top DT prospects where gone and i felt it was too early for Austin or Trufant so i wanted to trade back. Didn't get any offers so i decided to go with Mingo

Robert Alford did okay at the Senior Bowl and showed he can hang. I'm not sure he's 2nd round material, but I don't dislike him as a prospect.

In my mind there is a group of corners very close for that 2nd/3rd round grade. Again wanted to trade down because the guys i really wanted was gone before me(Zach Ertz, Eric Reid). Again no offers came in so decided to go with the guy i would have preferred more to the end of the 2nd.

DJ Swearinger... still trying to figure out where he gets a 3rd round grade. I feel he projects better in the box than at FS where we would need him. He doesn't run all that well and he isn't very tall. I would think even the people that love him would agree that early round 3 is too soon.

I really like him and he could be an awesome duo with Barron in my mind. Besides that i believe Barber played pretty close to the line this year at FS but that can be my mistake.

Same with Ricky Wagner, most probably see him as a 5th round pick at his absolute best. Still with the Bucs OLine coach's connection to UW, it might make sense.

I see him as a 4th rounder as a RT to back-up Dotson for the first year and maybe take over when Dotson's contract expires

As for Montori Hughes, I doubt he is even on the Bucs draft board considering his character issues. Even if he was, he wouldn't be very high up as they favor the more athletic types.

Montori Hughes is pretty athletic and will fill the spot of Miller as a NT type in the 4-3. I know of his character concerns but i feel he has a pretty good value at the end of the 4th.

Your draft isn't terrible, but for the most part you have a bunch of reaches and career special teamers. Not exactly something that will help this team in the near future.

I think the fact that you are fairly unfamiliar with the Bucs, perhaps you should have asked questions BEFORE you ran the offseason because if free agency (and the $40 million they have to spend) and the draft goes as you chose, you would be run out of town.

Yeah i think i should have asked before but i read this thread and decided to go with my own instincts. A good lesson for next time to ask some things before the free agency and such to get a better idea of the team.
My answers are in Bold.

By now i decided to add Levine Toilolo to the mix on offense.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the big Stanford TE.... I disagree about Hughes... I don't think his ability outweighs his risk. Dotson is NOT under contract, it expired this year. I would like to see us re-sign him.

My point with free agency is how in the hell with all that moolah ($40 mil under the cap after cutting Black and Wright) did you not manage to outbid for some guys?

CB Sean Smith, Chris Houston

DE/LB Paul Kruger, Connor Barwin

Also, if Roy Miller escapes, I don't think the team will wait until round 4 to reach for Hughes. I think they will replace him with one of their first two picks.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Rotoworld Dotson is under contract:http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5534/demar-dotson

Besides that i wanted to keep the spending realistic and you had to pay the average of the contract so that fills pretty fast. Also i think Derek Cox is a great corner and still young. Add that i was planning on Rhodes who i thought would be available at 13 and i just needed 1 outside corner for which i had Cox at the top of my list because of his age and his ability. For DE/OLB i resigned Bennet which filled the DE need with Clayborn, Bowers and Te'o Nesheim in the mix. I could have gone for the SLB/MLB(Foster can move to the SLB) but there is a pretty strong class at that position so didn't see the need to spend the money those guys where paid. For Miller he is still available which made me decide to not go for a DT in those first two picks with at my first pick the top 3 guys(Lotulelei, Floyd and Richardson) gone. I still have 8,9 left which will be more after i cut down to under 53 to get Miller back.

In Free agency i didn't really get a star studded crop but i think there is a pretty good base already there that needs more depth outside of cornerbacks and tight-end.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot about Fred Davis, an all world blocker but the guy moves the chains. I thought he was really short for some reason but NFL.com has him at 6'4 a viable option over the middle however he is coming off an ACL injury, would this be a repeat of Kellen Winslow experience?

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
I forgot about Fred Davis, an all world blocker but the guy moves the chains. I thought he was really short for some reason but NFL.com has him at 6'4 a viable option over the middle however he is coming off an ACL injury, would this be a repeat of Kellen Winslow experience?
I doubt we have any interest in Davis. He's had a troubled past with the drug policy and injury history as well. He's another failed test away from indefinite suspension.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:38 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So everyone is saying Revis and the Bucs are the best fit together. If we gave up just the 13th pick only. Good or bad deal?
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
So everyone is saying Revis and the Bucs are the best fit together. If we gave up just the 13th pick only. Good or bad deal?
TERRIBLE.... not only do you have to pay the price of a 1st round pick, then you have to pay Revis's price, which to him is his fair market value. Basically we would be paying twice for the same guy... or we could NOT trade for him (and nobody else would either), he plays for the Jets for one season, becomes an unrestricted free agent next year, and all you give up is the $$$. I'm not sure why fans don't understand why it isn't worth trading for guys that want new deals. They are only worth as much as their deals pay them, not their new deals AND draft pick compensation. That's paying twice.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
He is or isn't an all-world blocker? I think you meant "isn't" because I live in DC and he is pretty terrible as a blocker. I worry less about his knee than his character.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:52 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Brasho. Why dish out all the money on Revis who wants 14 million a year? Then how do we address our future players contract? You don't pay a CB the money of a franchise QB, regardless. It's proof you can win and get to a Super Bowl without an elite CB. Look at San Fransisco and Baltimore. Prime examples. Giants last year. Patriots. Saints.

We need to build up the pass rush and get 2 guys who can start on the outside. The people who think we need 3-4 CBs are ludicrous. Biggers/Johnson/Gaitor fill the perfect role of depth at 3rd/4th/5th CBs. We need 2 guys who can start on the outside.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:57 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quick Mock update:

Resignings:
- DT Roy Miller (we get him back after losing Bennett)
- RT Demar Dotson
- CB EJ Biggers
- FS Ronde Barber
Free Agency:
- DE John Abraham or DE Osi Umenoryia
- CB Derek Cox
- CB Mike Jenkins
- WR Danny Amendola
Draft:
1st Round: Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
2nd Round: Kawan Short DT Purdue
3rd Round: Matt Scott QB Arizona
4th Round: Gerald Hodges LB Penn State
4th Round: Quanterrus Smith DE W. Kentucky
5th Round: Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
6th Round: John Boyett FS Oregon
Old 03-10-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Quick Mock update:

Resignings:
- RT Demar Dotson
- CB EJ Biggers
- FS Ronde Barber
Free Agency:
- CB Derek Cox
- CB Mike Jenkins
- WR Danny Amendola
Draft:
Eifert at 13 seems like a reach. I'd take Rhodes at 13 if we are going to reach, take a TE in the third and a QB in the 5th. Like the free agents signed.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 03-10-2013 at 10:08 AM.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rhodes to me is a reach at 13 more than Eifert. He's a top 20 guy to me. 13 might be a little high, but 13 or 18 your going to get the best TE in the draft and someone that well be a nice player next to our two big time WR.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quick Mock update:

Resignings:
- RT Demar Dotson
- CB EJ Biggers
- FS Ronde Barber
Free Agency:
- CB Derek Cox
- CB Mike Jenkins
- WR Danny Amendola
Draft:
Give us a little more help in the pass rush department and give us a guy that can play this year in round 3 and I would be on board.

I hated Hawthorne at the Senior Bowl but as a 5th rounder I could stomach it. Not sure if Hodges is athletic enough for what Schiano's LBs need to be able to do.... don't forget the Schiano/Big East connection... we may see 2-3 more Big East guys despite last season's failures of the duo from WVU.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:

We need to build up the pass rush and get 2 guys who can start on the outside. The people who think we need 3-4 CBs are ludicrous. Biggers/Johnson/Gaitor fill the perfect role of depth at 3rd/4th/5th CBs. We need 2 guys who can start on the outside.
I think all three aforementioned CBs are perfectly capable in the 3rd CB role. I think Biggers showed he can be a good #2. Supposedly the numbers at PFF verified that. Johnson may improve and he was certainly good in stretches last season, and Gaitor still has potential (I thought he played terribly the little he played last season). Even Gorrer has potential as a 3/4/5 guy. He's okay... heck, if he had any hands at all, we beat Atlanta twice
Old 03-11-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I'm disappointed I haven't see Paul Kruger's name on the list of teams talking to him. I can't imagine a better scenario for the Bucs where you can fill two needs with one guy. On running downs he plays Sam LB and on passing downs he bumps to DE. He's worth the money as he'd be playing as if he were two players. Plus, he's younger than Bennett.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm disappointed I haven't see Paul Kruger's name on the list of teams talking to him. I can't imagine a better scenario for the Bucs where you can fill two needs with one guy. On running downs he plays Sam LB and on passing downs he bumps to DE. He's worth the money as he'd be playing as if he were two players. Plus, he's younger than Bennett.
He's familiar with the 3-4 that's why plus Cleveland and Indy are going to overpay. Fits their scheme better. I like Kruegar but I just don't see him and Tampa having mutual interest.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How do we feel about dashon gholston as a fa pick up? Adam shafted tweeted this.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinaMan View Post
How do we feel about dashon gholston as a fa pick up? Adam shafted tweeted this.
You mean "Dashon Goldson?"

I'd be fine with it. I don't think any of the current backup safeties on the roster have what it takes to start alongside Barron and signing Goldson would give the Bucs a couple of seasons to find a long-term solution at free safety while allowing Barron to learn from one of the better safeties in the league.

As much as I love him, if the Bucs bring Barber back as the primary free safety, we're definitely going to need to address the position again next year, too. I'd rather go the route that leaves the team with more options further down the road, but, with that said, I'd be okay with Barber returning as a backup in the event that the team does manage to sign Goldson.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah my bad on the spelling
Old 03-12-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is or isn't an all-world blocker? I think you meant "isn't" because I live in DC and he is pretty terrible as a blocker. I worry less about his knee than his character.
Yeah I definitely meant not an, but I saw that we are flying S Dashon Gholston today to meet with Mark Dominik and we have the cap so I hope he signs. I really want to sign Nnamdi also, I know he had 2 down years but I think we can get him at a discount and he would be an upgrade over our current CB situation. Allowing us to draft a CB and he wouldn't feel immediate pressure to be a star in his 1st season.

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

Gholston and Revis??!?!?!!

Yes please

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Darrelle Revis will be traded to the Bucs, but "details just need to be ironed out."
Those "details" are likely a new contract for Revis. The Jets have in all likelihood agreed to the compensation they'll receive. If the report proves to be true, it's a huge boost to what proved to be a dreadful pass defense last season in Tampa Bay. One Bucs source told NFL Network's Ian Rapoport that a deal is not complete, and he didn't "know where it was headed."
Related: Buccaneers
Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter
Old 03-12-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Yep. Looks like we're putting all our cards into these two guys. Sending out a private jet to pick up Goldson at his home in California?

Being the team in hot pursuit of Revis. Hopefully we dont give up too much.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

I'm ok with a Revis trade if it's just for the 13th pick and the 7th rounder. No mid round pick next year.

Me and my friend were talking about why would the Bucs look for a trade with Ryan Mallett. Only reason I could come up with is that if we did that Freeman would have been part of the package for Revis. Maybe a Freeman, 3rd and 4th rounder for Revis. That would give us the All Pro CB and our head coach "His Guy" at QB. And the Jets get their young QB to build around also getting picks to build the roster.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I'm ok with a Revis trade if it's just for the 13th pick and the 7th rounder. No mid round pick next year.

Me and my friend were talking about why would the Bucs look for a trade with Ryan Mallett. Only reason I could come up with is that if we did that Freeman would have been part of the package for Revis. Maybe a Freeman, 3rd and 4th rounder for Revis. That would give us the All Pro CB and our head coach "His Guy" at QB. And the Jets get their young QB to build around also getting picks to build the roster.
Hm. You do have a point, but Freeman's cap number this year is 10 million. The jets I believe are on the hook for Sanchez's 16 million regardless if they cut him or not. That's the only reason he hasn't been released yet. I think Mallett is insurance for the sake of Schiano and Dom's jobs because if Freeman becomes to falter again, then the excuses are out and they need a back up plan.

To put it simple: The fact they're pursuing a guy like Mallett, shows they're not exactly 100% confident in Freeman.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

We know what we have in Freeman but I'm skeptical on NE QB's not named Tom Brady. Look at Hoyer and Cassel, Cassel had one decent year I believe out of four with KC and Hoyer didn't fair too well in Arizona. Plus didn't Mallet have leadership issues? I think I remember hearing Jeff George comparisons when he was being scouted.

I just hope Revis returns back from injury at least 80% form because that is better than 100% of our corners and if we can get without giving up our 1st I will be doing back flips!

Quote: