Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-11-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just traded for Boldin.

He was going to get cut so i would have just waited until FA. But giving up a 6th is no big deal. We had 3 of them anyways.

Now we just need Jacoby Jones and we're set lol
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice move for you guys. Boldin is one of, if not my favorite non-Ram.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will take the Boldin trade. I think he is no where near what he was a few years ago but he is a big physical WR that has strong hands. With the way Kaep throws the ball that will be nice. And a 6th rounder is nothing ill take Bolding for that. Plus he is an excellent run blocker.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin is a great addition to the team and a no brainer for the 6th rounder, however my only concern on what his final cap number will be and how that effects other moves.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin trade isnt bad as it will probably be for only one year anyway. As for Harvin, im not worried or concerned about him. SEA giving up a lot plus a large contract. Cant wait to see him implode that locker room.

As for Tynes, hopefully not. Draft a kicker Baalke.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
We just traded for Boldin.

He was going to get cut so i would have just waited until FA. But giving up a 6th is no big deal. We had 3 of them anyways.

Now we just need Jacoby Jones and we're set lol
If we signed him in FA, we would've had to pay a signing bonus and give guaranteed money.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
If we signed him in FA, we would've had to pay a signing bonus and give guaranteed money.
Meh, I not happy about paying him 6 million this year. They need to renegotiate that number. My other problem is that he and Crabs are virtually the same kind of WR. Would have liked someone who complimented him a little better.

Plus Harvin going to Seattle trumps the trade. Having to deal with Wilson, Lynch, and Harvin is going to be tough. Regardless of what they gave up for him, for next year at least that offense is going to be awfully tough to defend. They needed a weapon in the passing game and went out and arguably got the best one. We got a little better. They got ALOT better. They gave up alot, but they had the draft picks and the cap space to do so. We only had the draft picks.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-11-2013 at 05:34 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love this move, it gives us security given injuries & allows Jenkins to come on slowly & be an impact player next season. I fear that we will cut Manningham now given his injury status & salary cap cost. Unfortunately he may be 1 & done

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There have also been rumors connecting us to Sean Smith, which I love. My question is if anyone knows if Cully has been working at nickel at all. I know he has some safety experience which helps.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Boldin deal, there's no way we can afford Smith. No way. Its not financially feasible at this point. You just paid Rogers. Now, you want to sign another high-priced CB? Doesn't make sense for Baalke. They already have two young CBs in Cully and Cox who are comparable to Smith. And we still need a FS. Unless they're going to make him an FS, where is the upgrade? He's not a better CB than Rogers on the outside, and he cant play the slot..
Old 03-11-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Meh, I not happy about paying him 6 million this year. They need to renegotiate that number. My other problem is that he and Crabs are virtually the same kind of WR. Would have liked someone who complimented him a little better.

Plus Harvin going to Seattle trumps the trade. Having to deal with Wilson, Lynch, and Harvin is going to be tough. Regardless of what they gave up for him, for next year at least that offense is going to be awfully tough to defend. They needed a weapon in the passing game and went out and arguably got the best one. We got a little better. They got ALOT better. They gave up alot, but they had the draft picks and the cap space to do so. We only had the draft picks.
Seattle gave up a lot for Harvin though. A first round pick, a seventh round, a mid round pick next season, and they are getting a receiver who has had trouble staying healthy. It's a huge gamble. The 49ers didn't really put that much on the line here. Now they just have to deal with the salary of Boldin, which I do think is a little high, but it's not like he'll be around here forever anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post
I will take the Boldin trade. I think he is no where near what he was a few years ago but he is a big physical WR that has strong hands. With the way Kaep throws the ball that will be nice. And a 6th rounder is nothing ill take Bolding for that. Plus he is an excellent run blocker.
It will be nice to have another redzone threat in the passing game as well. They never throw to Vernon Davis in that area by design for some reason, maybe they will with Boldin?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per PFT were interested in Ed reed too.

If we're getting reed and boldin in you can probably kiss other big fa signings goodbye. Like Sean smith. Which I don't have a problem with, JMO.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
It will be nice to have another redzone threat in the passing game as well. They never throw to Vernon Davis in that area by design for some reason, maybe they will with Boldin?
This makes no sense. Boldin is not a red-zone threat. he has 7 TDs over his last 33 regular season games. He's far from a red-zone threat.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-11-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Per PFT were interested in Ed reed too.

If we're getting reed and boldin in you can probably kiss other big fa signings goodbye. Like Sean smith. Which I don't have a problem with, JMO.
Again, where are we getting the money to sign him? I dont see it...he'll be a Patriot. They can pay him more and want him, plus he's a big Belichick fan.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-11-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This makes no sense. Boldin is not a red-zone threat. he has 7 TDs over his last 35 games. He's far from a red-zone threat.
Right, but who was calling the shots on offense when the teams were in the redzone? Cam Cameron right? He may not have utilized him correctly. Boldin is a big bodied tight end essentially. If Roman wants to, I think he can make Boldin excel in that area. It might not make sense if you simply go by what is labeled on paper.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 03-11-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right, but who was calling the shots on offense when the teams were in the redzone? Cam Cameron right? He may not have utilized him correctly. Boldin is a big bodied tight end essentially. If Roman wants to, I think he can make Boldin excel in that area. It might not make sense if you simply go by what is labeled on paper.
Roman's creativity in the red-zone has left a lot to be desired most weeks.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Roman's creativity in the red-zone has left a lot to be desired most weeks.
True. That's what scares me. Now we have a new quarterback and we're running the pistol formation. We'll see. I have more faith in Roman overall as a coordinator than I do Cameron though.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Boldin is less explosive than Delaine Walker, who is a big-bodied TE....and how many TDs did Walker have? Would you consider Walker a red-zone threat? Boldin is big and short. Those guys aren't red-zone targets. They're chain-movers and guys who make tough grabs in traffic....a possession WR. Show me a red-zone threat 6'0 or under and not insanely quick or agile? You cant. The more the field is compressed, the less area CBs have to cover, which doesn't help a guy like Boldin, who isn't a great jump ball WR, nor quick or fast. And let's not forgot, he's getting older, not better. We had Moss and couldn't do jack **** in the red-zone as a passing offense. You think Boldin is an upgrade? I don't see it.

Our red-zone woes are more scheme and QB related. Moss should have had a ton of red-zone targets last year. Lossing Moss and gaining Boldin isnt going to enhance our red-zone offense. A big, jumping jack WR as a target and JH correcting some flaws in the offense, along with CK maturing as a pocket passer would definitely help more than Boldin ever would single-handely.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-11-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Boldin is less explosive than Delaine Walker, who is a big-bodied TE....and how many TDs did Walker have? Would you consider Walker a red-zone threat? Boldin is big and short. Those guys aren't red-zone targets. They're chain-movers and guys who make tough grabs in traffic....a possession WR. Show me a red-zone threat 6'0 or under and not insanely quick or agile? You cant. The more the field is compressed, the less area CBs have to cover, which doesn't help a guy like Boldin, who isn't a great jump ball WR, nor quick or fast. And let's not forgot, he's getting older, not better. We had Moss and couldn't do jack **** in the red-zone as a passing offense. You think Boldin is an upgrade? I don't see it.

Our red-zone woes are more scheme and QB related. Moss should have had a ton of red-zone targets last year. Lossing Moss and gaining Boldin isnt going to enhance our red-zone offense. A big, jumping jack WR as a target and JH correcting some flaws in the offense, along with CK maturing as a pocket passer would definitely help more than Boldin ever would single-handely.
Walker is arguably more explosive than Boldin (I don't think it's clear cut), but he has problems catching the football so sometimes it doesn't matter. Who knows what happens if Walker doesn't drop literally a 1/3 of the passes towards his way this past season. We all remember the touchdown he dropped in the redzone against the Rams. Boldin doesn't have issues holding onto the ball. So that's a plus right there. Boldin is 6'1'', so the analogy under 6'0" is irrelevant.

As for Moss, we should have seen the writing on the wall. He was out of football for a year and didn't do anything in Minnesota and/or Tennessee the season before. Perhaps it was just Moss finally having time catch up with him. Boldin is 32, but he made plays last season with the Ravens and still looked dangerous at times. Moss never looked dangerous at all this past season with San Francisco. Just because Moss didn't work out doesn't mean Boldin won't.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 03-11-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Walker is arguably more explosive than Boldin (I don't think it's clear cut), but he has problems catching the football so sometimes it doesn't matter. Who knows what happens if Walker doesn't drop literally a 1/3 of the passes towards his way this past season. We all remember the touchdown he dropped in the redzone against the Rams. Boldin doesn't have issues holding onto the ball. So that's a plus right there. Boldin is 6'1'', so the analogy under 6'0" is irrelevant.

As for Moss, we should have seen the writing on the wall. He was out of football for a year and didn't do anything in Minnesota and/or Tennessee the season before. Perhaps it was just Moss finally having time catch up with him. Boldin is 32, but he made plays last season with the Ravens and still looked dangerous at times. Moss never looked dangerous at all this past season with San Francisco. Just because Moss didn't work out doesn't mean Boldin won't.
Wow...a whole inch. Well let me re-phrase then, name me a WR, 6'1 and under, who is a red-zone target that isn't insanely quick or agile.

The problem wasn't Walker hands. How many red-zone targets did Walker have? Again, he's not a target when the field is condensed just like Boldin. Boldin is sure-handed...but his hands won't get him open. You either create space in that part of the field, or your a more linear target. Sometimes the scheme can create space for you. Ours has done a poor job of that...getting guys open. Its mainly just one-on-one basketball at the goaline. And usually with those looks, you need a taller, more athletic guy on the outside. That way CBs have to defend against the fade, as well as the slant when your out wide. Look at Boldin's red-zone targets and his TDs in that part of the field. And not just last season but his entire career and you'll get a better picture of why I say what I say.

And Moss's age had nothing to with how he was used in the red-zone. It really wasn't a problem with his deep speed, as he got behind the defense often....just either our QBs didn't have the touch or the ball went elsewhere. Moss wasn't the focal point in the red-zone he should have been. I blame that on Roman and JH....and the QBs.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-11-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Wow...a whole inch. Well let me re-phrase then, name me a WR, 6'1 and under, who is a red-zone target that isn't insanely quick or agile.
Well Torry Holt and Issac Bruce were under 6'1 and dominated for years in the redzone. They were faster than Boldin, but not insanely fast. Even if you want to call that a stretch, Rod Smith was another one who god his fair share of opportunities and made the most of them while not being very quick or agile. Boldin lacks agility and speed, but he is a bigger body than the receivers I just listed.

Quote:
The problem wasn't Walker hands. How many red-zone targets did Walker have? Again, he's not a target when the field is condensed just like Boldin. Boldin is sure-handed...but his hands won't get him open. You either create space in that part of the field, or your a more linear target. Sometimes the scheme can create space for you. Ours has done a poor job of that...getting guys open. Its mainly just one-on-one basketball at the goaline. And usually with those looks, you need a taller, more athletic guy on the outside. That way CBs have to defend against the fade, as well as the slant when your out wide. Look at Boldin's red-zone targets and his TDs in that part of the field. And not just last season but his entire career and you'll get a better picture of why I say what I say.
Well Walker didn't have very many targets in general. And for the ones he did have a lot of them he dropped, regardless of where he is on the filed. The guy just has bad hands. It's a fact. And in a one on one situation in the redzone where the field is condensed and corners are going to have more leverage anyways as the receivers won't have much of a cushion to work with, I'm taking my chances with the bigger body receiver. Not just a big body receiver, but one that can get high and make the catch. Boldin does this very well.

Quote:
And Moss's age had nothing to with how he was used in the red-zone. It really wasn't a problem with his deep speed, as he got behind the defense often....just either our QBs didn't have the touch or the ball went elsewhere. Moss wasn't the focal point in the red-zone he should have been. I blame that on Roman and JH....and the QBs.
I'm talking about Moss overall with the 49ers, Titans, and Vikings. He just didn't seem to be the threat he once was. He had chances this season and defenses respected him, but he wasn't the same threat he was back in the day where he could have anyone throwing the ball to him like Jeff George or Brad Johnson and still be dangerous. He just wasn't that guy anymore.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SF has contacted Sean Smith's agent multiple times including tonight Per PFC

Narrowed down to KC, PHI, SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Last edited by Shupp : 03-11-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well Torry Holt and Issac Bruce were under 6'1 and dominated for years in the redzone. They were faster than Boldin, but not insanely fast. Even if you want to call that a stretch, Rod Smith was another one who god his fair share of opportunities and made the most of them while not being very quick or agile. Boldin lacks agility and speed, but he is a bigger body than the receivers I just listed.

Well Walker didn't have very many targets in general. And for the ones he did have a lot of them he dropped, regardless of where he is on the filed. The guy just has bad hands. It's a fact. And in a one on one situation in the redzone where the field is condensed and corners are going to have more leverage anyways as the receivers won't have much of a cushion to work with, I'm taking my chances with the bigger body receiver. Not just a big body receiver, but one that can get high and make the catch. Boldin does this very well.

I'm talking about Moss overall with the 49ers, Titans, and Vikings. He just didn't seem to be the threat he once was. He had chances this season and defenses respected him, but he wasn't the same threat he was back in the day where he could have anyone throwing the ball to him like Jeff George or Brad Johnson and still be dangerous. He just wasn't that guy anymore.
We'll just agree to disagree because this is going nowhere. You see red-zone threat. I see a guy who was never a weapon in that area of the field and lacks the physically attributes to suddenly become one. Time will tell which one of us will be proven right.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
SF has contacted Sean Smith's agent multiple times including tonight Per PFC

Narrowed down to KC, PHI, SF
How can we afford him? I get having a signing bonus and a low base salary this year, but in the coming years we have to sign a number of players, including a QB contract...

I'd rather look to the draft than overpay in FA. Doesn't seem like Baalke's MO at all to overpay for a guy in FA.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post
You cant compare Mathieu and Peterson lol Peterson was the 5th overall selection. Were talking about mathieu in the 4th round relax lol.
So you didn't say he'd be a first round pick if it wasn't for the weed? Because that's what I read and that's what I'm arguing, not him being some 4th round pick. Of course you can't compare Mathieu to Peterson, which was precisely my point.