Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

browns going hard after paul kruger supposedly. also looking to bring in james harrison..?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I think he walks next year.

He should be getting close or more than what Bowe got. Why? because he knows his a perfect fit for the Giants, its hard from them to find a WR that are smart enough of their system.
with all the news of him firing his agent and signing the one who represents Eli and Kiwanuka (both who've helped the giants out with nice deals in the past) makes me think he's taking mara up on our offer we made yesterday I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he walks next year.

He should be getting close or more than what Bowe got. Why? because he knows his a perfect fit for the Giants, its hard from them to find a WR that are smart enough of their system.
Lets see if these reports of teams being interested are true or not. Condon hire works well because he is Eli and kiwis agent. So firing malik shareef could work to the teams adv. Reminds me of the burress situation all over again.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hes a prototype slot WR, he does well in his role in the giants option route offense, which is a pretty complex offense and he shows tremendous chemistry with manning. But giving up a first rounder and paying him like hes a #1 WR is insane.

Giants are frustrated with contract talks because he wants too much for the player he is when nicks is head and shoulders better and more valuable to the team.

I think he has a great role in the giants offense, but i cant see him putting up anywhere near the production he does anywhere else, especially as a #1 WR. Its kind of a knock on cruz, but its also kind of saying hes in the perfect situation in NY

I think cruz is a players whos fantasy football production has skewed the public's perception of the caliber of player he is. If the giants get a first rounder for him they are getting away with slight robbery, but hey good for them at least they'd get something for him

unlike the steelers with wallace :-(
Old 03-12-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Anyone who was going to spend a first rounder on Tavon Austin should.
this is true, but i consider austin a second round guy myself
Old 03-12-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
browns going hard after paul kruger supposedly. also looking to bring in james harrison..?
keenan lewis too :-(

haslem is flexing the checkbook, hes gonna overpay some average players but thats what happens when you are the browns and have been in the gutter for so long
Old 03-12-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Hes a prototype slot WR, he does well in his role in the giants option route offense, which is a pretty complex offense and he shows tremendous chemistry with manning. But giving up a first rounder and paying him like hes a #1 WR is insane.

Giants are frustrated with contract talks because he wants too much for the player he is when nicks is head and shoulders better and more valuable to the team.

I think he has a great role in the giants offense, but i cant see him putting up anywhere near the production he does anywhere else, especially as a #1 WR. Its kind of a knock on cruz, but its also kind of saying hes in the perfect situation in NY

I think cruz is a players whos fantasy football production has skewed the public's perception of the caliber of player he is. If the giants get a first rounder for him they are getting away with slight robbery, but hey good for them at least they'd get something for him

I can't say I entirely disagree with you, but Cruz has shown he can do work on the outside in limited time there. He's young and a playmaker and I think his value around the league is high, and the Giants would be selling high because he's a perfect fit in our offense and Eli's made him look like a stud. I'm actually one of Cruz's biggest critics and talent alone, I take Nicks every time, but Cruz's versatility and Nicks' injury problems make Cruz uber valuable. Giants wouldn't take anything less than a 1st. Maybe showing how much more valuable to us he is
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I agree to acertain extent. I think he can be good but wont be as productive as he was with us. BBD AND Some others were going back and forth on this. I think a first round is fine based on production alone. However, teams have to be smart and think if it can translate to the same production in another system with a different qb throwing to him.

That to me is the risk or critical factor that teams need to weight and analyze. If cruz goes away and we do get a first i am down with re signing stevesmith again and see if we can plug and play him again.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nicks is not head and shoulders better than Cruz, it's extremely close, Nicks is better but cruz a great weapon who's can do work on the outside and in the slot, he can make plays against great coverage.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I agree to acertain extent. I think he can be good but wont be as productive as he was with us. BBD AND Some others were going back and forth on this. I think a first round is fine based on production alone. However, teams have to be smart and think if it can translate to the same production in another system with a different qb throwing to him.

That to me is the risk or critical factor that teams need to weight and analyze. If cruz goes away and we do get a first i am down with re signing stevesmith again and see if we can plug and play him again.
i think the steelers overpaid for antonio brown with a 5 year extenstion for $42 million, i say that because they only did it to say **** you to wallace.

I use this because i think brown was a perfect compliment to wallace, but wallace needed brown too. Thats pretty much how i see Nicks/Cruz. Nicks is pretty close to wallace when it comes to production over their first 3-4 years, which is a rarity for a young WR to step in and be so productive, but i think brown and cruz benefited greatly from their production, especially when it came to down field throws and scoring TDs, cruz and brown ate up underneath stuff.

Cruz has brown in the TD department, which to me is mostly because of scheme, but imo they are pretty similar players. It pains me that the steelers pay brown that deal with hopes of him replacing wallace as the #1, its the salary of an upper tier #2 but it was a premature deal just to piss wallace off.

Anyway, thats probably where cruz should be looking for a salary (from the giants at least), but since he has been so productive its natural for him to want more...i just think investing in him like hes bowe, or like how nicks deal is going to be coming up soon would be a huge mistake, but he MAY be able to get that kind of money from another team that wants that production, i just dont think hes going to go anywhere and put up numbers like he is in NY which is what teams that are going to trade for him and pay him are going to want. Hes literally in such a perfect situation, i think it would be wise for him to give a hometown discount and stay with the giants as long as he can...its just not the nature of the business

EDIT: I guess the giants have made him a high offer but cruz is generating enough buzz to make it worthwhile for him to see what other offers he could get, which doesnt happen very often with RFAs. I think its pretty insane, but i kinda like cruz so good for him, hes playing it well. Should be interesting at least

Last edited by K Train : 03-12-2013 at 11:55 AM.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooooo....my IP address appears to be banned. Don't have any infractions and obviously my account itself isn't banned. Not sure what's going down, like maybe I pissed someone off somehow or accidentally got jobbed with the ISP changing addresses and I drew one that someone else previously got banned on maybe, but I'm on with a proxy now so I can message Shane, as the "email us" links are all disabled.

Guess I might not be around and stuff. So, just in case...bye, guys?
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony G is coming back. ****.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sooooo....my IP address appears to be banned. Don't have any infractions and obviously my account itself isn't banned. Not sure what's going down, like maybe I pissed someone off somehow or accidentally got jobbed with the ISP changing addresses and I drew one that someone else previously got banned on maybe, but I'm on with a proxy now so I can message Shane, as the "email us" links are all disabled.

lol.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

D-don't go. Pls.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how do the Lions not have money?
Old 03-12-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think cruz is a players whos fantasy football production has skewed the public's perception of the caliber of player he is.
But...but...ESPN faps to his salsa dance every time he scores!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
how do the Lions not have money?
Calvin is one of the highest paid players in NFL history, Suh and Stafford were top 2 picks prior to the draft compensation being fixed...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonzo playing.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Calvin is one of the highest paid players in NFL history, Suh and Stafford were top 2 picks prior to the draft compensation being fixed...
that explains it. Looks like the lions are doomed...for this year at least.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's what you get for calling Ed Reed average. Also your history of contributing valid opinions and providing overall good content probably works against you., but mostly because Ed Reed isn't average.

G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

They probably thought you were the evil goatee wielding Monomach., Monomach.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
They probably thought you were the evil goatee wielding Monomach., Monomach.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good news everybody, the Raiders are saved!

Quote:
@DConnollyNFL
Just got off the phone with QB Vince Young. Says he's "blessed" for workout with @RAIDERS #raiders next week at their facility #NFL
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
That's what you get for calling Ed Reed average. Also your history of contributing valid opinions and providing overall good content probably works against you., but mostly because Ed Reed isn't average.

Shane fixed me up. Just got screwed by comcast giving me someone's bad IP. Now I'm back to my normal routine of calling Ed Reed average and pimping Arthur Brown as the next Dick Butkus.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote