Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-11-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Multiple sources reporting Welker is staying in NE. Hopefully to which is a fair contract for both sides, because I'll be pissed if we end up fronting this guy 10 Mill a year or something close to that. Most believe Talib and Vollmer will be resigned as well, which I'm much happier in regards to the last two. That means go WR in the 1st BB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we bring back Wes then we really need to add a big play/downfield threat. I know I sound like a broken record but holy hell let's make a move for Mike Wallace/Cruz or draft Justin Hunter or someone who can make big plays.

Harvin traded to Seattle so that pipe dream is gone, he isn't a true vert threat but I would've loved to add his explosiveness.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think at this point we all sound like a broken record with the going out and grabbing a WR idea.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I think at this point we all sound like a broken record with the going out and grabbing a WR idea.
Seeing Seattle go out and get Harvin is like a kick in the balls. They already have so many peices I am envious of and they are being coached by one of the biggest douches in the free world.

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-11-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I never thought we'd realistically go out and trade for Harvin when all was said and done, and I'm skeptical on guys like Wallace and Jennings. I'd much rather go with someone like Hunter in the 1st or Tavon even.

Also with so many Dbs available I will be pissed if we don't resign Talib or nab someone.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The second round tender on Sam Shields is interesting to me. He came back from injury well and was playing good ball down the stretch last year.

Soooo many DBs on the market and none noted as having the Patriots as an interested team.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 03-12-2013 at 11:34 AM.
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/...10019227131906

Panic meter = 11.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You've got to be ******** me

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well that was unexpected

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-12-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lmao

I'm not even a bit surprised, tbh. He said he wanted to test the FA market. He also refused the offers the Pats had on the table and chose the franchise tag pay. Obviously he wanted more than they were willing to pay and that's before he turned into a butt-hurt little vagbag and then played exhibited some serious bouts of less than stellar football last year.

I said it before and I still beleive it's true: he's going to find a softer market than he expects.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I think thats exactly what the Pats think too, which is why theyre willing to let him test out the market. I really am not that worried. Were going to be ok. We got to the AFc championship with Rechel Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney as our #1 & 2. We can survive without Welker. Just like we did with Deion.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Also Namdi was cut.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...namdi-asomugha

Sooooo many Dbs right now.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is to hoping Dansby gets cut with Ellerbe signing in Miami. He would be a great fit here with our relative inability to cover anybody from the LB spot.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Sooo DHB released...is it bad that I want the Pats to look at him? Have I still not learned my lesson yet with us in FA? Apparently not.

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-12-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Sooo DHB released...is it bad that I want the Pats to look at him? Have I still not learned my lesson yet with us in FA? Apparently not.
I was thinking the same thing. I'd gladly take him as a third in a Donte Stallworth type role.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
9 routes all day ery day!

Seriously though I had the same thought. I'd take Huff, DHB, and Seymour in a second on this team.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah I'd also gladly take Seymour back as well. I'm pretty sure that bridge is burnt tho.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yeah I'd also gladly take Seymour back as well. I'm pretty sure that bridge is burnt tho.
I'm well aware, I'm willing to hold a boombox over my head and play "Baby Come Back" outside of his window if that's what it takes.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to see the Pats bring Huff on board.

But why would anyone want DHB on their team? He's Bethel Johnson without the hands!

As for Sey. I'm not usually one for bringing back the old gang, but I'd welcome him back. He could probably be pretty effective at DT on run downs for the Pats.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@RapSheet Per sources: Talks between Wes Welker and #Patriots are over at this point

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Desmond Bryant got 5-year deal from #Browns...#Patriots were serious players for his services but lost out to Cleveland

Old 03-12-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

pats seem to be most interested in chris houston and derek cox

Old 03-12-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
@RapSheet Per sources: Talks between Wes Welker and #Patriots are over at this point
Panic level = 12!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:00 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are a lot of players out there that can really upgrade our team (read: secondary.) I'd be shocked if we didn't get one or two CBs; I'm also hoping for A. Wilson or Huff. A cover LB would be great too, I'm with Cmarq and would like to see Dansby (I really don't understand Miami, what was wrong with their linebackers?)

Doesn't look like there's much in the way of WRs out there, although I'd not be adverse to Cribbs (badly need to upgrade our return game.) I'd take a flyer on Bey if we can get him on the cheap.

Looks like we might have a decent shot at keeping Vollmer. I have a feeling Welker will end up leaving (I"m really torn on this), and Talib will go to the highest bidder. I'm also ambivalent on him. I think I would prefer a different press corner when it comes down to it, but wouldn't be bummed if we kept him.

If we can solidify the secondary and pick up some OL depth in FA, then we can go BPA*(WR, DL) with our first three picks (hopefully trading down to get an extra pick.)
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote