Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-11-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mock, Mock, Mock 5.0, WWP51D? 1 Rd/3 Trades.

Just a Quick What Would Poz51 DO? (or "I" draft) mock, not going to get through the 2nd round in time, and wanted to get this out before FA screw's everything up, so here it is, all feedback is welcome!! Will have a 3 rounder soon, hopefully...
My updated grades included. This is what I would do, not what I think teams will actually do.

2013 NFL Mock Draft
WWP51 DO?
Round 1 (v5.0)

1 – Kansas City – Star Lotulelei (DT/NT/DE – Utah)
Already set at OLB, Jones is off the board and I am looking at upgrading my defensive front. Having cut Eric Winston I really want to draft a bookend tackle opposite Brandon Albert who I will get a long term deal done with, but drafting a RT at #1 is iffy. Lotulelei’s heart condition checks out as not being an issue, and I take his physical inside presence at #1, stout against the run and a better pass rusher that he is give credit for. I see a lot of Holati Ngata type qualities in Star Lotulei’s game.
Grade: Top 5

2 – Jacksonville – Jarvis Jones (OLB – Georgia)
My number on overall talent in this draft, I take Jones to provide a clearly lacking pass rush and I believe he fits my new coaches system. Similarly to Lotulelei going #1 overall, I am comfortable with Jones’s medical and take him #2 overall.
Grade: #1 Pick

3 – Oakland – Dion Jordan (OLB/DE – Oregon)
Interesting spot, I need a perimeter pass rusher and I don’t see any of the natural 4-3 ends having elite speed around the edge, so I take Jordan who gives me that kind of upside and flexability as well in case I want to switch to a 3-4 or run more of a hybrid system, which I will now do.
Grade: Top 10

4 – Philadelphia – Luke Joeckel (LT – Texas A & M)
Jason Peters has an injury history and not a pretty one and taking Joeckel not only gives me insurance at LT, but can improve three spots on my offensive line, left and right tackle, guard as well if Peters is able to come back. Giving Chip Kelly’s offense a much better chance of being successful is the first priority for me at this point, and I think the offensive line is key.

5 – Detroit – Ezekiel Ansah (DE – B.Y.U.)
Ansah is raw, but pure putty and a willing learner. Ansah has huge upside and as a natural 4-3 end a critical piece to my Championship aspirations with Avril and KVB leaving the team.
Grade: Top 20

6 – Cleveland – Dee Milliner (CB – Alabama)
Having a pretty empty cupboard opposite J. Haden and plenty of money to spend on other needs in free agency, I look to upgade my #2 corner with a #1 caliber corner.

7 – Arizona – Geno Smith (QB – W. Virginia)
Smith is not my actual #1 or 2 QB in the draft, but he is my #1 QB for teams that have vertical or spread systems. Bruce Arians and Geno Smith a perfect marriage as I see it, so turning in my card to the commish with Geno Smith’s name on it is my proposal if you will.
Grade: 1st Round

8 – Buffalo – Lane Johnson (LT – Oklahoma)
Along similar lines of the Eagles pick actually improving multiple spots along the offensive line, Lane Johnson does that for Buffalo, allowing Doug Marrone to move Cordy Glenn over to right tackle and Johnson to give Marrone his athletic left tackle to protect the blind side, upgrading two positions with one pick. In addition to significantly improving my offensive line, I like the value at this spot.

*Trade*
The Jets send the 9th pick to the Chargers for the 11th and 104th Picks in the 2013 draft.

9 – San Diego (via. N.Y.J.) – Eric Fisher (LT – C. Michigan)
Once the Bills take Johnson I start sweating, I have to protect Phillip Rivers to have a chance to win and there are going to be other teams looking to make this type of jump to land one of the top 3 LT prospects in this draft. I certainly do not want him catching TES. I am comfortable trading a 4th round pick to land my guy and the Jets are looking to move down, get their guy and add another pick to help rebuild their roster.

10 – Tennessee – Jonathan Cooper (G – U.N.C.)
Cooper’s movement skills coupled with Chris Johnson’s speed and Jake Locker’s ability to use his feet make Cooper the pick over Warmack, and either way I can’t go wrong. I just like Cooper’s ability to pull and lead block on the edge more.

11 – N.Y.J. (via. San Diego) – Barkevious Mingo (OLB – L.S.U.)
My defense has no pass rush, none and Mingo has obvious edge rushing talent, he just was not utilized correctly at L.S.U. and in my eyes will be a better pro playing in a 3-4 system.

*Trade*
The Dolphins send the 12th pick to the Cowboys for the 18th and 80th picks in the 2013 draft and the Cowboys 2014 3rd round pick.

12 – Dallas (via. Miami) – Sheldon Richardson (DT – Mizzu.)
I am making an interesting switch to a 4-3 defense, one that requires a athletic penetrating under tackle, and I have Richardson as the most athletic, consistant UT in the draft. Miami will resign Harline and add Mike Wallace in FA, so they look to trade down and build their roster primarily through the draft. Bam… Draft magic…

13 – Tampa Bay – Xavier Rhodes (CB – F.S.U.)
Believing that Rhodes is on a similar level to Milliner, and having a pressing (literally) need at corner, I avoid all offers coming in through the phones and take Rhodes without hesitation. I don’t have Rhodes or D. Trufant all that far behind D. Milliner as the top CB in the draft. More like nipping at his heels.

14 – Carolina – Shariff Floyd (DT – Florida)
Dwan Edwards was a quality player who is 32 years old, and next year is 33 with decline in the air, and value on the board with a sprinkle of need to boot, I grab Floyd to help the interior of my defensive line for the next decade.

*Trade*
The Saints trade the 15th pick to the Rams for the 22nd and 78th picks in the 2013 draft and the Rams 3rd round pick in 2014.

15 – St. Louis (via. New Orleans) – Cordarrelle Patterson (WR – Tennessee)
Having assests that can be utilized to secure impact players is the path I take with this pick. Warmack likely will not fall to pick 22 neither will Patterson, so I make the move to land both and significantly improve my offense. Patterson is the big bodied explosive playmaker my offense has been missing for years.

16 – St. Louis – Chance Womack (G – Alabama)
Womack improves my running game and passing game while providing great value. A no brainer.

17 – Pittsburgh – Keenan Allen (WR – California)
Losing Mike Wallace to FA opens the door for Allen to come in a provide a big bodied receiver who Big Ben can rely on and keep the offense moving. Previously a top 10 caliber player, the only thing holding Allen out of the top ten currently for me are a check of his measurables.

18 – Miami (via. Dallas) – Bjoern Werner (DE – F.S.U.)
Moving down and adding a defensive end I was strongly considering at 12 and adding two 3rd round picks in the process… Works for me… Werners hands, first step, motor and exceptional vision make him a steady option opposite Cameron Wake.

19 – N.Y.G. – D.J. Fluker (RT/G – Alabama)
Fluker gives me some flexability in being able to play RT and G, enhances the run game and provides my franchise QB some more time. I like his value and ability to enhance the offense too much to pass on.

20 –Chicago – Tyler Eifert (TE – Notre Dame)
Eifert enhances the overall ability of the offense, particularly in regards to my passing game. Easy.

21 – Cincinnati – Kenny Vaccaro (FS/SS – Texas)
I need a cover safety and linebacker if I wish to learn my lesson from last season, and while the value at LB just is not there in that regard right now, Vaccaro should be that guy at safety.

22 – New Orleans (via. St. Louis/Washington) – Damontre Moore (OLB/DE –Texas A & M)
In having picks stripped away via bounty gate, I looked to move back add draft pick assets and still land a player who can have a impact on the edge of my defense, which Moore helps my achieve. Moore might not be the impact edge guy I once thought, but he still has production against top level competition and a place in my shiny new 3-4 defense.

23 – Minnesota – DeAndre Hopkins (WR – Clemson)
I like the top end of this receiver class, and Hopkins one of the top route runners is my #3 wide out. A good fit with the offense and weapon for Christian Ponder to help take some pressure off of AP.

24 – Indianapolis – Datone Jones (DE – U.C.L.A.)
Jones has all the tools to be a dominate force along my defensive line and with the current coaching staff, I believe will get the most out of his natural ability and then some. Experience in the 3-4 helps.

25 – Seattle – Robert Woods (WR – U.S.C.)
Russell Wilson needs some help at wide receiver to make the offense truly dynamic, Woods knows enough of the system to come in a contribute immediately.

26 – Green Bay – Jesse Williams (NT – Alabama)
I want to add some physicality and stoutness to my defense, and Williams helps along both fronts, allowing me to slide B.J. Raji out and maximize his ability.

27 – Houston – Justin Hunter (WR – Tennessee)
Andre Johnson is getting long in the tooth and it is starting to show. Hunter has the ability to be a #1 wide out in the near future, additionally he has the speed to be a real threat off the play action pass.
Grade: 2nd Round

28 – Denver – Desmond Trufant (CB – Washington)
I can’t believe he is here , having him rated just behind Milliner and about equal with Rhodes. Trufant gives me a instant starter, great value and more physical attitude that he is given credit for.

29 – New England – Tevon Austin (WR – W. Virginia)
I have Tom Brady winding down a stellar career and can’t help but to think back to the 16-0 days with an explosive element at his disposal. Next I think of Welker leaving in FA, then I think Austin has a lot to offer in both those departments and how the offense would be dynamic with him in it. Bam!!

30 – Atlanta – Cornellius Carradine (DE – F.S.U.)
I am taking the remaining pass rusher with the highest upside, regardless if I bring Johnny back or a FA option in. It just gives my offense the perfect complement moving forward.
Grade: 2nd Round

31 – San Francisco – Jonathan Banks (CB/FS – Miss. St.)
Flexability is crucial, and Banks can be the ball hawking corner that enhances the secondary or the ball hawking safety that allows Whitner to stay near the LOS, either way the value improves my team.

32 – Baltimore – Kevin Minter (ILB – L.S.U.)
I need an ILB, even if I bring back my FA and Minter does not replace Ray Lewis, but certainly helps ease the loss and is a natural transition into the future.

Last edited by Poz51 : 03-11-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see the draft playing out this way for pretty much every team. I dig the **** out of that trade for the Rams, too.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like the idea for the Jets trading down, not in love with the player but I understand it. Sucks to see other teams be able to trade down a bit more to get more but I'll take a 4th for going 2 spots down.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Keenan Allen, i love going WR...but i think id prefer hopkins or hunter who i have slightly above Allen as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I could see the draft playing out this way for pretty much every team. I dig the **** out of that trade for the Rams, too.
Well thanks, me too ;) I appreciate it. I actaully really like the trade for them as well, not sure Rams fans will. I think the Vikings will have some nice options at their spot.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good pick for KC.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
Like the idea for the Jets trading down, not in love with the player but I understand it. Sucks to see other teams be able to trade down a bit more to get more but I'll take a 4th for going 2 spots down.
I think they are one of the prime teams to trade down, Mingo I think schematically makes alot of sense and his value is outside the top ten, although his potential could get him in the top ten.
I tried to stay close to the trade value chart, and that is what it was to move down two spots, I thought it was a safe trade down for them to still land Mingo who I would have picked at 9 anyways and add a 4th. Its amazing what trading down 6 or 7 spots value is vs. 2. I could see them trading down even more though.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
I like Keenan Allen, i love going WR...but i think id prefer hopkins or hunter who i have slightly above Allen as of now.
Hopkins is high on my list, Hunter lower (inconsistant concentration). But that is a matter of individual preference. I actually have Allen as my #1 as long as his measurables check out. I could see them going with Hunter in a trade down... But thats me.

What about Allen do you not like, not like as much?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

... Dallas has Jason Hatcher slotted at 3-tech and Kiffin stated he's the best defensive lineman on the team.

Dallas trades up for an extremely harsh value with Warmack, Fluker, AND Vaccaro on the board? Only way that makes sense is if Jerry Jones is a secret Dolphins fan.

Cancel the trade up and select Kenny Vaccaro/Fluker and your mock gets a star :P
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice trade scenario for the Saints and nice pick.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Good pick for KC.
I like it, Star has moved back up to #2 on my overall rankings, pending his medical, which I hope checks out.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean I wouldn't be disgusted with taking Lane Johnson. You can never take enough quality o-line. At the same time, I feel like Glenn played very well at the LT spot last year as a rookie, and I know Nix has said all along that he was our future LT from the moment he drafted him. That is why it is tough for me to see us going OT at 8 when we got some other serious needs.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Hopkins is high on my list, Hunter lower (inconsistant concentration). But that is a matter of individual preference. I actually have Allen as my #1 as long as his measurables check out. I could see them going with Hunter in a trade down... But thats me.

What about Allen do you not like, not like as much?
ive watched a lot of him recently...i cant quite place my finger on what hes great at. He seems pretty average in every category.

Id really like to see a 40 time on him, because he does seem to lack explosion a lot of the time.

On a good day he looks like javon walker.

I like him, maybe not quite as much as some...but i love me some hunter and hopkins right now. Would be happy with any of them, and honestly allen is probably the safest pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dig the trade and the pick for Miami, nice job!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I agree with this. sliding down for 2 extra 3rds and getting a guy people wanted Top 10 before showing weakness is a solid trade for me. The fact he got 7 extra reps in little time shows me he wasnt really ready for the combine.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hate...HATE the trade and the selection of Moore. He's overrated!!! With Jones, Jordan, and Mingo already off the board, I would rather take Patterson oe even Austin than slide down to draft a bust waiting to happen.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mr. Poz,

What do you project the Rams getting in their trade with New Orleans? Many Rams fans are anticipating a trade down, and the 22nd pick is the most likely culprit so your scenario is entirely possible.

Warmack at 16 though is money.!

WHAT SAY YE?
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Trufant.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid Sf pick
Old 03-12-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
... Dallas has Jason Hatcher slotted at 3-tech and Kiffin stated he's the best defensive lineman on the team.

Dallas trades up for an extremely harsh value with Warmack, Fluker, AND Vaccaro on the board? Only way that makes sense is if Jerry Jones is a secret Dolphins fan.

Cancel the trade up and select Kenny Vaccaro/Fluker and your mock gets a star :P
I thought about Hatcher who IMO (yours is much more likely beneficial) has been a good player for them and I think will be a good 3 tech for a short while given his athleticism and relatively low wear, but isn't he 31ish before the season starts? I think that played a big role with the pick on my end.

I thought it made sense in that I have Richardson as my #1 3 technique right now. I like the value at that spot myself, considering he is 12th right now on my big board
Warmack and Fluker make sense if they stay at 18, although Warmack is off the board, leaving Fluker, who if they stay makes sense. Vaccaro's value IMO is not that good, so I would not go there.

Like I said, this is not what I think the teams will do, but what I would do.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I agree with this. sliding down for 2 extra 3rds and getting a guy people wanted Top 10 before showing weakness is a solid trade for me. The fact he got 7 extra reps in little time shows me he wasnt really ready for the combine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonticketholder View Post
Hate...HATE the trade and the selection of Moore. He's overrated!!! With Jones, Jordan, and Mingo already off the board, I would rather take Patterson oe even Austin than slide down to draft a bust waiting to happen.
Funny how opinions vary, similar to me and BallerT on Nassib. If actually really liked the trade down and adding 2 3rds my self for the Saints. I wish Moore would have done more at his proday, but doing 7 more reps makes me thing he didnt prepare for the combine, which baffles me, but he does have a nice proven body of work, and big time upside. As for Patterson (lack of route running, lack of experience) and Austin (lack of size, inability to get off the jam), they have their own bust potential iMO, so why not slide down add some picks and take a similar risk.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Mr. Poz,

What do you project the Rams getting in their trade with New Orleans? Many Rams fans are anticipating a trade down, and the 22nd pick is the most likely culprit so your scenario is entirely possible.

Warmack at 16 though is money.!

WHAT SAY YE?
Mr. ArkyRamsFan,

I say I have the Rams moving up, so they are getting the 15th pick, giving up their 3rd this and next year... Which probably means you dont think my scenerio is likely, lol.

I actually think the Rams in real life are more likely to try to trade down too,
Likely to a team like Buffalo if they like one of the QB's enough, although I dont think they get Redskins/Griffin type value in return, and I am hesitant in that kind of a trade, in that I dont think there is a big enough market for a team to move up from the second right now, if Gailey was still in Buffalo, I could see a little market vs. Philly for Manual, but Marrone doesnt utilize that skill set from what I have seen of his offenses. If Oakland shocks people and takes Smith, or Arizona and Buffalo pass on Geno, then I could see teams looking to move up, and the Rams being the beneficiary of that scenerio.

I just think it would be more prudent to lock up some top end talent at WR in this mock, which is why I made the trade for Patterson, then getting Warmack is a no brainer IMO at 16.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Funny how opinions vary, similar to me and BallerT on Nassib. If actually really liked the trade down and adding 2 3rds my self for the Saints. I wish Moore would have done more at his proday, but doing 7 more reps makes me thing he didnt prepare for the combine, which baffles me, but he does have a nice proven body of work, and big time upside. As for Patterson (lack of route running, lack of experience) and Austin (lack of size, inability to get off the jam), they have their own bust potential iMO, so why not slide down add some picks and take a similar risk.
They are still better options than Moore. Moore's disappointing performance at the combine did not sour me on him. I was never high on him and thought of him as a bust back in early January when people were hyping him up. He's stiff in the hips/not a quick twitch athlete, he lacks fluidity, he does not have a quick first step off the ball, and his work ethic has been questioned. So by the time you get to the combine, you begin to believe the reports about him.

Damontre Moore is probably the LAST person I would want out of the first round. Unlike my fellow Saints fans, I am not willing to jump up and down about a guy simply because he plays on the defensive side of the ball. I would take Vaccaro, Datone Jones, heck Jesse Williams or Bjoern Werner (who I think is a DE in an even front) over Moore.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonticketholder View Post
They are still better options than Moore. Moore's disappointing performance at the combine did not sour me on him. I was never high on him and thought of him as a bust back in early January when people were hyping him up. He's stiff in the hips/not a quick twitch athlete, he lacks fluidity, he does not have a quick first step off the ball, and his work ethic has been questioned. So by the time you get to the combine, you begin to believe the reports about him.

Damontre Moore is probably the LAST person I would want out of the first round. Unlike my fellow Saints fans, I am not willing to jump up and down about a guy simply because he plays on the defensive side of the ball. I would take Vaccaro, Datone Jones, heck Jesse Williams or Bjoern Werner (who I think is a DE in an even front) over Moore.
I can respect that, I had not thought about Datone Jones, he would make sense in the scheme change. I actually like that alot, although I think Cam Jordan will excel in the new defense at that spot.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im down for the patriots pick

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote