Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-11-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we go out and sign Levitre, I think it will be a little much to then spend a 1st rounder on a Guard. Hutch is still a good player, not great, but solid starter. Ask him to take a pay cut, I'm sure he and Hasselbeck both would for the purpose of staying on the team and in the NFL.

If we keep Hutch, we really only need a 4th round guy to be a backup this year and start in case of injury.

I have a hard time seeing the Titans take a Guard in the 1st round when we got a franchise LT and RT later than that.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we land Levitre he's our starting LG for a long time and I sure as hell don't want to spend a top 10 pick on a RG. RG's are much easier to find later on. I'd be fine with picking a RG in any other round, but lets use that top 10 pick to get us a serious difference maker.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also apparently Michael Bennett would "love the opportunity to be coached by Keith [Millard]".
Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt they want to pay Hutch that contract of his due to his age, injury, and just being a shell of his former self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I assume Hutch will either have to take a serious paycut or be cut

edit: Hutch is retiring

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2...ring-from-nfl/

Last edited by pierce2walker : 03-11-2013 at 10:23 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Disappointing to see Hutch go, from what Hasselbeck had been reporting Hutch was in great shape and recovering well from his injury.

How do players retiring effect the salary cap situation?
Old 03-11-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Double Post
Old 03-11-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He wasn't very good last year, and he hasn't played a full season the past 3 years. It's best that he retire.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
He wasn't very good last year, and he hasn't played a full season the past 3 years. It's best that he retire.
I feel the same way. I wouldn't be surprised if the team told Hutch that they were prepared to cut him and he decided to go the retirement route instead.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Letting the younger OL's go probably means we'll definitely draft some youngsters on OL. With Hutch retiring and not re-signing Matthews or DeVan, we now have 3 spots open. That's without the possibility of cutting Amano.

Speaking of cuts, we probably just pushed Hutch to make a decision on retirement before today so he went with retirement. We have the habit of letting players finish their contracts. This year could be different with jobs being on the line, though. Pretty sure his cap hit gets erased by retiring.

I've been pretty ehh on signing a FA OG, but beggers can't be choosers. We're still looking at using a midround and later round pick on G/C though, especially with Velasco only being duct tape on a sieve.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Babs is gonna get cut. I don't know if I like Johnson and Afalava as our backups.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Levitre! Also we are interested in Danny Amendola, Sammie Lee Hill and Delanie Walker... I will take all three please.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Levitre lives up to the hype, but I'm glad we took the chance with all of Bud's cash just laying around.

Always liked Amendola. SLH is a big boy, may fit our NT needs. I thought Walker was solid, doesn't he play some h-back role for SF?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got a 4 year deal with walker. I personally hate this sign. I am a niner fan as well so I watched him quite a bit. He's never had the talent to be a starter for the niners. He made more noise being a special teams player then a TE. Too many drops for me to like him. And he is extremely undersized for a TE. I would have thought we would go with a better run blocker with better hands.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Better than giving Jared Cook 12 million a year.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Better than giving Jared Cook 12 million a year.
That's about the only good thing coming from this sign.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm sure Walker will likely play more H-Back and FB for us than TE.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

which hopefully means no more Quinn Johnson.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay LeVitre!!!

I'm kind of meh on the Delanie Walker signing. I'll love it if we use him primarily out of the backfield as a lead blocker, but the dude isn't a pure Tight End. Still wouldn't mind adding another TE in free agency or somewhere in the draft.

I'm kind of perplexed with the Amendola interest. Kendall Wright basically plays the same role and has way more upside. I'd rather draft a WR if we feel the need to go that route. Like Da'Rick Rogers at the top of the 3rd or something.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Yay LeVitre!!!

I'm kind of meh on the Delanie Walker signing. I'll love it if we use him primarily out of the backfield as a lead blocker, but the dude isn't a pure Tight End. Still wouldn't mind adding another TE in free agency or somewhere in the draft.

I'm kind of perplexed with the Amendola interest. Kendall Wright basically plays the same role and has way more upside. I'd rather draft a WR if we feel the need to go that route. Like Da'Rick Rogers at the top of the 3rd or something.
I like Walker, as long as he won't play primarily TE. We could add a TE in FA or the draft, but I think it will likely be a scenario where Stevens and Thompson man the TE position, with Walker in motion playing H-back, FB and some TE.

I love the move as an H-back. I've always been surprised with NFL offenses. When they have a FB in, it's likely a running play. When in shotgun, it's primarily a passing play. Walker can line up as a 2nd TE, motion in the backfield and now he's a lead blocking FB. Should add a little of a guessing game on when we will run the ball.

As for Amendola, I guess we want to give Locker some easy looks and easy completions? But we've got Britt, Washington, Wright, and Williams. Front offices guys have said they don't wish to cut people until we have replacements in house, could this mean Washington or Williams may be cut? Or could a Britt trade be in the works? If so, I would wish we would get an outside WR and not a slot, but if he comes cheap enough I can't complain.

Like you said though, Rogers or a guy I like, Chris Harper, would be good in the 3rd or so.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we're going to lock down Sammie Lee Hill tomorrow. 6'4 330 lbs and only 26 years old. I kinda wanted to go more towards the route of Ricky Jean-Francois, but I'll still take this.
Mike Martin and Karl Klug will hopefully be able to bring the pressure from the inside.

I'm also betting we wait until the draft to add help at DE. Jim Wyatt seems to back that idea up as well.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of want Glenn Dorsey and meh on the Walker signing.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Apparently we're shopping Nate Washington. I guess that explains the interest in Amendola.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Aw man I like Nate :(
Old 03-12-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I don't know what we really expect to get for him, maybe a 5th or 6th rounder?

I wonder what Amendola is wanting money-wise. He's a slot guy, can't be worth all that much IMO.

I'd rather take a chance on an outside guy though, DHB was cut and he's looked improved, although not great, the past two seasons.