Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-12-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Good news for us, that should push Cooper/Warmack further down the board and hopefully to us.
not necessarily, their interior line is as bad as our wouldn't shock if they still took warmack/cooper because levitre is just replacing hutchison they still have a hole a rg considering levitre is their only guard on the roster right now

i read up on Tennessee's offseason plans a month ago, and munchak vowed that massive changes were coming to their interior line after they ignored it last year , they could settle for a guard like warford in the 2nd but adding warmack along with levitre (arguably the best player in the draft) would go along way to bringing back cj2k, plus their head coach was the o-line coach

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 03-12-2013 at 05:53 PM.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
arub4
Rookie

arub4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The raiders just released Michael Huff. What do you guys think about signing him(can get him cheap too) so we dont HAVE to draft a safety.
arub4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't know what he's got left. I don't want to bring people in just based on their name.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I honestly don't know what he's got left. I don't want to bring people in just based on their name.
I'd certainy qualify Huff as a stop gap if signed. He never ended up being what he was supposed to an I don't anticipate him improving with age.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
I'd certainy qualify Huff as a stop gap if signed. He never ended up being what he was supposed to an I don't anticipate him improving with age.
Pretty much this. We need to have someone healthy enough to start Day 1 and provided Huff would sign for pennies it would work out well.

No way we get to the draft without having at least a stop-gap on the roster at FS. If we do that means we REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, like Matt Johnson.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Pretty much this. We need to have someone healthy enough to start Day 1 and provided Huff would sign for pennies it would work out well.

No way we get to the draft without having at least a stop-gap on the roster at FS. If we do that means we REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, like Matt Johnson.
I would certainly take a swing on Huff, he is a decent tackler and still has good movement skills to chase down wideouts if need be. The one skill that never really translated from college was his ball hawking skills but the cover two is the best scheme to try to bring that out of him.

Problem is that we cut Sensy and his contract was just over 3 mil, I'm not sure Huff can be signed for much less. Whether or not money was the major factor in cutting GS or they thought he was declining is the deciding factor on what type of player we target.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 Draft

I hope the boys say NO to these one year players who will give 2 year contracts. I don't want Huff or any other player. JJ needs to committ to the future and stop signing players for 3 4 years just to spread the cap money around.

I am excited about the draft..i think we can get some series players ....the board is set up to what the Cowboys need.

Hope we don't screw it up...and no injured players for bargains..we need solid players.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
Hope we don't screw it up...and no injured players for bargains..we need solid players.
So Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, and DeMarco Murray were all bad picks? I don't mind picking a player off injury as long as the med staff does their homework.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Little over 40 days and I will be happy with any of the following:

Cooper
Womack
Ricardson
Vicarro

Give me any of those and the first day would be A
Old 03-13-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

Default Injured Player

No...I definately don't mind injured players if they turn out, but I think sometimes you need to get some players. We waited a year for Carter but it has turned good as for right now. I just want our first 4 players to come and compete. the more competition the better the overall the team gets better. If we draft these positions:

DL
OL
S
RB

The should be able to at least play some this year becasue we have a need in that area.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
@seniorbowl: DL Jesse Williams 4.91, TE Michael Williams 5.20 and DB Renzell Watkins 4.82.
Wow, I going to have to go back and take a look at some game tape, I knew Williams had some pop as a NT but def not to that extent. Wouldn't be a bad option to groom behind Ratliff in a trade down situation.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow, I going to have to go back and take a look at some game tape, I knew Williams had some pop as a NT but def not to that extent. Wouldn't be a bad option to groom behind Ratliff in a trade down situation.
Williams has a body similar to Sapp. Fat stomach, chicken legs. Not a penetrator like Sapp though.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broddus on Alabama's pro day. Good read and Garrett was there BTW

What They Said: In talking with the Alabama coaches, they couldn’t say enough outstanding things about Barrett Jones and what he could bring to an NFL team. The coach I was speaking with was a long time NFL guy and he said in all his years of coaching he had never been with a player that was as smart as Jones, and that includes some quarterbacks he was with. He said that Jones would come in and learn all the offensive positions and wherever you played him he would excel. Jones did do the same amount of reps at 225 as Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson. Jones still will not be able to work out for scouts because of the Lisfranc injury, which is still a concern.

Nick Saban on Warmack: “Chance has a unique skillset. He’s got really good size, he’s very powerful, he’s athletic, he’s got good feet, he can pass block and he can get movement in the run game. I think people that have his kind of balance and body control and the kind of athleticism that he has at his size are rare commodities. Everybody knows those guys play 12, 14, 15 years, and I think Chance has a chance to have that kind of career.”

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...dium=twi tter

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Broddus on Alabama's pro day. Good read and Garrett was there BTW

What They Said: In talking with the Alabama coaches, they couldn’t say enough outstanding things about Barrett Jones and what he could bring to an NFL team. The coach I was speaking with was a long time NFL guy and he said in all his years of coaching he had never been with a player that was as smart as Jones, and that includes some quarterbacks he was with. He said that Jones would come in and learn all the offensive positions and wherever you played him he would excel. Jones did do the same amount of reps at 225 as Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson. Jones still will not be able to work out for scouts because of the Lisfranc injury, which is still a concern.

Nick Saban on Warmack: “Chance has a unique skillset. He’s got really good size, he’s very powerful, he’s athletic, he’s got good feet, he can pass block and he can get movement in the run game. I think people that have his kind of balance and body control and the kind of athleticism that he has at his size are rare commodities. Everybody knows those guys play 12, 14, 15 years, and I think Chance has a chance to have that kind of career.”

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...dium=twi tter
I saw Matt Miller of bleacher report say yesterday that his "sources" tell him the Cowboys believe they're set at OG between Livings, Leary, and Bernadeau but they're interested in bringing in more competition at Center.

Jones is a C/G who isn't the most athletic guy, but as this article mentions, he's extremely smart and versatile.

But because of his lack of athleticism people have him pegged as a 3rd rounder right now.

This is a guy who could start for the Cowboys at center from day one and they don't need to use the 18th pick in the draft to get him. Pretty much in line with what I've thought has been the smartest option all along. Do NOT draft interior line in the 1st round.

I'd much rather end up with Cyprien/Vacarro/Richardson in the 1st & Jones in the late 2nd-mid 3rd than Cooper in the 1st & some 3rd rd DL/S

Just overall better value.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
I saw Matt Miller of bleacher report say yesterday that his "sources" tell him the Cowboys believe they're set at OG between Livings, Leary, and Bernadeau but they're interested in bringing in more competition at Center.

Jones is a C/G who isn't the most athletic guy, but as this article mentions, he's extremely smart and versatile.

But because of his lack of athleticism people have him pegged as a 3rd rounder right now.

This is a guy who could start for the Cowboys at center from day one and they don't need to use the 18th pick in the draft to get him. Pretty much in line with what I've thought has been the smartest option all along. Do NOT draft interior line in the 1st round.

I'd much rather end up with Cyprien/Vacarro/Richardson in the 1st & Jones in the late 2nd-mid 3rd than Cooper in the 1st & some 3rd rd DL/S

Just overall better value.
I hope thats a smokescreen. If they believe that, they are dumber than I thought which is saying something.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I hope thats a smokescreen. If they believe that, they are dumber than I thought which is saying something.
I hope it's a smoke screen too. I have long had a man crush on Barrett Jones. He has looked better to me at OG than Warmack many times too.

His stock isn't indicative of his talent as a player. I think it's surrounded around his foot injury that has been labeled as a career threatener for some in the past.

I'm glad the Cowboys are high on him. I'd still love him in Round 2.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I hope it's a smoke screen too. I have long had a man crush on Barrett Jones. He has looked better to me at OG than Warmack many times too.

His stock isn't indicative of his talent as a player. I think it's surrounded around his foot injury that has been labeled as a career threatener for some in the past.

I'm glad the Cowboys are high on him. I'd still love him in Round 2.
True. The Lisfrac thing is very scary.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
once again you're not reading in full what i said, giving up a 2,4,6,7 doesn't deplete them because they have picks from other teams earlier than theirs in rounds 2,3,5,6,7 plus compensatory selections. they would be silly to use all those picks because more than half of those players won't make the team. if im trent balke and jim harbaugh and i have all those picks plus power picks like the 31st pick which is premium that often will get traded to team early in the second moving up to make they get the player they want, i wouldn't just sit there and make all those, you'd basically be giving away 3rd,4th,5th round picks to other teams after training camp.
Nobody is giving up 4-5 picks in one trade, so we can just let that one go. It's not happening. Look at most of the move down deals, teams usually keep picks evened up in the deal. Trade down from a 2nd to a 3rd, take their 4th for the move down and give them a 6th next year. Things like that. Unless it's a move from the late 1st to top 5, nobody is giving up multiple picks in 1 move up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obvious news is obvious but still.

Quote:
Cowboys | Will meet with Chance Warmack
Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:10:53 -0700

The Dallas Cowboys are scheduled to meet with University of Alabama OG Chance Warmack at some point before the 2013 NFL Draft.
Once we start getting closer to the draft we'll have to make a thread tracking visits. Especially once all the "Dallas Days" invites are sent.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Obvious news is obvious but still.

Once we start getting closer to the draft we'll have to make a thread tracking visits. Especially once all the "Dallas Days" invites are sent.
This will be something I will be paying close attention too, BTB had a nice article showing how often we target guys that are brought in for visits.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/...-bring-in-this
Old 03-14-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
This will be something I will be paying close attention too, BTB had a nice article showing how often we target guys that are brought in for visits.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/...-bring-in-this
Yeah, the tricky part is following who they bring in.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Nobody is giving up 4-5 picks in one trade, so we can just let that one go. It's not happening. Look at most of the move down deals, teams usually keep picks evened up in the deal. Trade down from a 2nd to a 3rd, take their 4th for the move down and give them a 6th next year. Things like that. Unless it's a move from the late 1st to top 5, nobody is giving up multiple picks in 1 move up.
the 49ers have more picks than they can use moving up from 34 to middle portion of the first round to get a player they covet is not a crazy idea, and teams don't trade pick for pick, trades are based off a value chart. each pick has a numerical value and if you do the math the the value of the picks the 49ers would give up would still be LESS than the value of the 18th pick http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

i tell you what i told drewy even after giving up the 31st pick in rounds 2, 4,6,7 they still would have picks earlier in rounds 3,5,6,7 and they have a power pick the 31st pick, that pick is always hot spot for trades and they could might possibly be able to get a team early in the second round that want to get the qb the covet to give up a 1 next year.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
the 49ers have more picks than they can use moving up from 34 to middle portion of the first round to get a player they covet is not a crazy idea, and teams don't trade pick for pick, trades are based off a value chart. each pick has a numerical value and if you do the math the the value of the picks the 49ers would give up would still be LESS than the value of the 18th pick http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

i tell you what i told drewy even after giving up the 31st pick in rounds 2, 4,6,7 they still would have picks earlier in rounds 3,5,6,7 and they have a power pick the 31st pick, that pick is always hot spot for trades and they could might possibly be able to get a team early in the second round that want to get the qb the covet to give up a 1 next year.
I admire the optimism but that is just not realistic enough to grasp onto.

What I find really funny this year is that in the past for years and years, I was so adamant against drafting OGs in Round 1 (DeCastro/Iupati) BUT THIS year, I'm so into drafting Cooper (yes, he's emerged ahead of Warmack for me too), that it just feels odd being on this side of the coin.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I admire the optimism but that is just not realistic enough to grasp onto.

What I find really funny this year is that in the past for years and years, I was so adamant against drafting OGs in Round 1 (DeCastro/Iupati) BUT THIS year, I'm so into drafting Cooper (yes, he's emerged ahead of Warmack for me too), that it just feels odd being on this side of the coin.
Welcome to the dark side D! :D I was a huge fan of DeCastro last year but IMHO Cooper is heads and shoulders above him. If our offensive line was in the mold of the 90s I would love Warmack but I just don't think he's a great fit for the agile line that Garrett seems to favor.

Huge fan of Barrett Jones and with all the reports about his lisfranc scaring teams I keep seeing him plugged as a 3+ rounder now. If we can nab him in the 3rd I'm pretty sure that would qualify as a steal.

Someone I haven't hyped here very much is Phillip Thomas. His skill-set looks to translate to Cover-2 FS and he's a really intelligent player. Fresno State played him as a SS last season and put him everywhere and used him as a blitz-backer a bit as well. He flat out made plays when asked to play on the deep half though.

Highlight video but his hands are WR-ish and rather than link 10 game tapes it's easier to link this and let you guys watch a bunch of play-by-plays and form a conclusion. :D

His stock has him sitting in the lower half of round 2 but I'd have no qualms with taking him at our 2nd.

Gimme Cooper - Phillip Thomas - Jones and call it a draft :D
Old 03-14-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Welcome to the dark side D! :D I was a huge fan of DeCastro last year but IMHO Cooper is heads and shoulders above him. If our offensive line was in the mold of the 90s I would love Warmack but I just don't think he's a great fit for the agile line that Garrett seems to favor.

Huge fan of Barrett Jones and with all the reports about his lisfranc scaring teams I keep seeing him plugged as a 3+ rounder now. If we can nab him in the 3rd I'm pretty sure that would qualify as a steal.

Someone I haven't hyped here very much is Phillip Thomas. His skill-set looks to translate to Cover-2 FS and he's a really intelligent player. Fresno State played him as a SS last season and put him everywhere and used him as a blitz-backer a bit as well. He flat out made plays when asked to play on the deep half though.

Highlight video but his hands are WR-ish and rather than link 10 game tapes it's easier to link this and let you guys watch a bunch of play-by-plays and form a conclusion. :D

His stock has him sitting in the lower half of round 2 but I'd have no qualms with taking him at our 2nd.

Gimme Cooper - Phillip Thomas - Jones and call it a draft :D

I was talking w Phillip Thomas about 2 weeks ago and asked him why most sites list him as a FS when he spent so much time in the box on tape and he told me that while he believes he can play FS, he prefers SS and thinks he's best in a more physical role.

I told him that outside of the Tulsa tape, I thought he looked poor against Oregon and Boise St, which is really all that's available of him. He didnt agree with me on Boise and I kinda see his point as he made some great plays but he did admit to me that the Oregon tape is the worst game he played all year.

Anyway, as much as everyone wants to project him as a FS -- HE thinks he's more of a SS so it'll be interesting to see.

I hate using the SS/FS tags to categorize though. Most players these days have skills that fit one of those better, but pretty much everyone is expected to be well rounded.

Barry Church is about as SS as you can be, but he was being used to cover TE's in the slot last year and was also playing deep at times. It's just a cloudy distinction these days because the old school SS doesn't really exist anymore.

All these guys have to be able to cover to some extent.