Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-12-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signing another TE?

John Glennon ‏@glennonsports
Pro Football Focus had it measured this way for new #Titans TE Delanie Walker: 21 catches, 9 drops.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got home.

Levitre is great. Anything that helps Jake and CJ.

Walker is good. It will be TE by committee next year, and he's a versatile player. Always nice to get players from good teams. Taylor Thompson is the future.

Amendola would be good. I think I'd prefer to draft a WR instead, but a true slot guy would be a nice comfort for Jake.

I hope we keep Hands. He went from goat to a warrior over the last two seasons. We won't get fair compensation for him, and we can't afford to give away what good players we have.

Good for Cookie getting what he got from Fish. Hope they do well.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We dropped Mitch Petrus too.

Save us Based Otto.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of wondering why we haven't seemed to make much of an effort in re-signing Darrius Reynaud.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have Mariani, Reynaud really isn't needed.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just heard about Levirte. Hell yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've lost a lot of OL. Gonna be interesting to see if we try to get another FA OL or maybe draft 2 this year. I thought Lutui played fairly well, I wouldn't mind him back as a backup.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
We've lost a lot of OL. Gonna be interesting to see if we try to get another FA OL or maybe draft 2 this year. I thought Lutui played fairly well, I wouldn't mind him back as a backup.
I'm not concerned at all, we still have 9 OL on our roster.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
We have Mariani, Reynaud really isn't needed.
Mariani's injury was pretty brutal. I doubt he'll ever be the same player.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Looking at Delanie Walkers contract I'm pretty disappointed with it. I really like him as a player, but it seems a little high for what he is.

On a side note though, the Eagles gave James Casey a 3 yr 14.5m so I can't complain too much I guess.

I still think Dustin Keller will end up being the best deal at TE. Walker may not be used as a true TE, but that just means we're gonna pay him 4.375 a year to do whatever he does.

The blocking upgrade between Cook and Walker is tremendous though, and maybe the front office just wanted to go after the best blocker available.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

According to Adam Schefter we've re-signed Quinn Johnson....

Fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Last edited by CashmoneyDrew : 03-12-2013 at 11:51 PM.
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

Fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Oh, goooood
Old 03-13-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

Fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Dammit thats what I was hoping Walker was for.

I'm hoping the Walker signing (with his versatility) might be an indication that we are trying to implement some of the things SF did last year with Kaepernick.

Overall, I'd call this day a win. We desperately needed a guard and we went and got the best one on the market. Also happy that we let Cook go at the price he was demanding.

Wouldn't be surprised if we make another noteworthy move or two. The coaching staff and FO have their backs against the wall. A DE and/or a WR seem very possible.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Dammit thats what I was hoping Walker was for.

I'm hoping the Walker signing (with his versatility) might be an indication that we are trying to implement some of the things SF did last year with Kaepernick.

Overall, I'd call this day a win. We desperately needed a guard and we went and got the best one on the market. Also happy that we let Cook go at the price he was demanding.

Wouldn't be surprised if we make another noteworthy move or two. The coaching staff and FO have their backs against the wall. A DE and/or a WR seem very possible.
Definitely a win. And I'm expecting us to sign Sammie Lee Hill tomorrow, depending on the money I think it's a good deal.

On a side note, anyone heard what Cook got yet?
Old 03-13-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 yrs, $35.1 million
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Definitely a win. And I'm expecting us to sign Sammie Lee Hill tomorrow, depending on the money I think it's a good deal.

On a side note, anyone heard what Cook got yet?
Hill looks like a decent addition to the DT rotation with some upside to him. I wanted us to go out and get some big fatties and he certainly qualifies.

For some reason that 5/35 Cook deal made me smile. I think primarily because we got Levitre at not much more per year.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
5 yrs, $35.1 million
HAHAHA. Man, I thought the Rams didn't have much money to work with then they sign Cook for that? What the heck
Old 03-13-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Fish really ******* loves his guys.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:

For some reason that 5/35 Cook deal made me smile. I think primarily because we got Levitre at not much more per year.
Someone said Cook is now the 3rd highest paid TE in the NFL
Old 03-13-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Someone said Cook is now the 3rd highest paid TE in the NFL
LOLzzzzzzzzz. I guess I can understand them being enamored with his physical potential and big play flashes like we were for the last few years (and how the fantasy football guys predict him to break out every year). Luckily we realized his mediocrity.

Also, if Amano ends up sticking around and becomes the new Nickey...I will cut fools.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 03-13-2013 at 12:30 AM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Cook will put up numbers, he's just not a complete player. Hell, he's not even a complete receiver. He has enough skills to produce some yards. Not worth 7m a year at all though.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
LOLzzzzzzzzz. I guess I can understand them being enamored with his physical potential and big play flashes like we were for the last few years (and how the fantasy football guys predict him to break out every year). Luckily we realized his mediocrity.

Also, if Amano ends up sticking around and becomes the new Nickey...I will cut fools.
Same here. I'm kind of hoping we end up signing Brandon Moore to play RG and cut Amano.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I think Cook will put up numbers, he's just not a complete player. Hell, he's not even a complete receiver. He has enough skills to produce some yards. Not worth 7m a year at all though.
Yeah, I don't think a lot of fans have really seen him play other than the big plays he makes from time to time. The guy doesn't have lateral quickness, it's straight line speed. He's basically run up the seam or a crossing route over the middle every time
Old 03-13-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Same here. I'm kind of hoping we end up signing Brandon Moore to play RG and cut Amano.
If we sign Moore our line would be the absolute sex. Not sure we will make 2 big splash moves at guard though.

I'm still trying to figure out the Walker signing. I don't dislike it, but I feel like Walker is best used as a versatile guy who can play in 2 TE sets as well as a FB (as the 49ers used him). I think he has value, but would best be utilized next to a #1 TE (Vernon Davis in SF) and I don't feel like Stevens or Thompson are really capable of that role.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:20 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

We are bringing Shonn Greene in for a visit: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...siting-titans/

Could be a nice compliment to CJ if he comes at the right price.