Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 02-27-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Milliner has to be added to the list after his performance yesterday, wouldn't mind adding a young stud at CB, even though beefing up the dline might be the better idea.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I'm thinking imma jump off the Moore bandwagon and hop on the Ansah bandwagon. Him or Jordan
1. Lotulelei- If his heart stuff was due to rapid weight loss, then sign him up. He's just what the doctor ordered- NT or 3 technique, can play in 4-3 or 3-4.

2. Ziggy Ansah- Ansah has talent that comes from God and God only. Great character, can play in 4-3 or 3-4. What better ball of clay could Dennis want?

3. Chance Warmack- We are getting back to power, right? Warmack is power incarnate.

4. Dee Milliner- Didn't want to spend a pick on CB, but it is a need position and Milliner is damn good.

Of course, Gino Smith is a possibility if the team covets him.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I'm thinking imma jump off the Moore bandwagon and hop on the Ansah bandwagon. Him or Jordan
It really looked like he was hurt at the Combine. I'll be interested to see what he looks like at his pro day. I wouldn't be surprised if he drops .2 off his time.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I'm on the same boat as the rest of you, still really unclear of who's he best option at 3 and a trade down to get a few picks would be best for us. If Star checks out to be alright I still think I'd lean that way, Dion Jordan would be interesting as well in our scheme being able to play all over the field. For some reason I'm not buying the Sharriff Floyd hype though, he'll be a top 15 pick but taking him at 3 would be a mistake IMO.
Was watching some cutups last night, and some of Floyd specifically. He's got some game to him, but he didn't look anything like a top 3 pick to me. Georgia absolutely abused him.

Just from the 3 cutups I watched of each, with Georgia being the common opponent, Richardson looked like a far and away better DT. He's not without risk, but I thought he played with much better technique and found his way into the backfield much easier.

But, that's just what I gathered from 6 cutups. I could be way off.

Quote:
Milliner has to be added to the list after his performance yesterday, wouldn't mind adding a young stud at CB, even though beefing up the dline might be the better idea.
I'll turn the TV off and start shopping for a black 9ers jersey if we draft another damn CB. Need be damned. A good CB doesn't mean anything when your front 7 is awful, and our front 7 is awful.

Milliner also struggled through some drills, so I can't help but wonder what his ceiling is.

This pick has to be a front 7 player or an OL. Reaching for Milliner fixes nothing.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd most definitely go front 7. Ultimately I think our best bet is to see if we can get a mid-1st and MAYBE a 2nd or another 3rd I suppose.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll spray my shorts if we can trade down and trade Palmer. That would be such a huge win.

God damn it.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
I'll spray my shorts if we can trade down and trade Palmer. That would be such a huge win.
This is my dream scenario.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Smith...do not want.

I think Wilson and Barkley will be better but either way....I am NOT hopping on a Geno bandwAgon.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-28-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I think KC ******** the bed with Alex Smith may benefit Oak in more ways than one. Maybe some QB needy team like AZ or Buffalo could help us trade down.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-28-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

That's my hope, though I think you can safely bet that both KC and Jacksonville have the same idea in mind.

God damn it.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Christo was much bigger than I remember him haha. He was hanging out at my place the other day and it looks like he's gained a lot of muscle in the last year.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Love Christo. Have high hopes for him.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-01-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Christo was much bigger than I remember him haha. He was hanging out at my place the other day and it looks like he's gained a lot of muscle in the last year.

God damn it.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my haul from the forum mock so far. Trade down in the 3rd and 4th round to get extra picks

1st Star Lotulelei NT Utah
3rd Galvin Escobar TE San Diego St
4th Chase Thomas OLB Stanford
4th William Gholston DE Michigan St
5th Le'Von Bell RB Michigan St
5th Alvin Bailey OG Arkansas

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lando-mcclain/

Good riddance. **** that puto.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-07-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

We'll take a net loss in cap space, but screw it. Dude's garbage.

It;s like breaking your hand on some dude's face. Yeah, it hurt like hell and it sucks to break your hand...but it was so worth it.

God damn it.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Here's my haul from the forum mock so far. Trade down in the 3rd and 4th round to get extra picks

1st Star Lotulelei NT Utah
3rd Galvin Escobar TE San Diego St
4th Chase Thomas OLB Stanford
4th William Gholston DE Michigan St
5th Le'Von Bell RB Michigan St
5th Alvin Bailey OG Arkansas
I'm not mad.

God damn it.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
We'll take a net loss in cap space, but screw it. Dude's garbage.

It;s like breaking your hand on some dude's face. Yeah, it hurt like hell and it sucks to break your hand...but it was so worth it.
Not when they designate him as a June 1st casualty.

I'll admit I'm not as up to date on "cap law" as I was 2 or 3 years ago, but in the previous CBA, teams were able to designate 2 cap casualties each year as "June 1st" cuts even if they cut them before June 1st.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Aye. I'd have to get Mach on the exacts, but I think we take banana in the tailpipe no matter what we do with McClain.

This new rookie wage scale was so far over due...good grief. If only it had come to pass 5 or 10 years ago.

God damn it.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great, there goes my offseason plan. At least I am not the only one who noticed Bryant. From Rotoworld:

Yahoo's Jason Cole reports the Patriots, 49ers, Eagles, Seahawks, and Jaguars are all showing interest in free agent DL Desmond Bryant.
A favorite free-agent sleeper, 27-year-old Bryant has a scheme versatile body type at 6-foot-6, 300, and has stuck out to us when watching Raiders 2011 and 2012 game tape. Cole's report seems agent-driven considering all of the teams mentioned, but we wouldn't be surprised if he commanded lucrative money.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am hoping letting him go mean we will go with Star.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Adams resigned, DHB, Huff and Tollefson cut saving around $15m in cap space, but Wheeler lost to the Dolphins, Bryant to the Browns. Ouch.

Last edited by AJP19 : 03-12-2013 at 08:19 PM.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, we're gonna need one hell of a draft.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talk about over paying for Howard lol. You guys think we're gonna pick up any FA's? I'm worried of having a worse Defense than last year if that's possible, it'd be nice to pick up a couple average starters for cheap.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Correction to my earlier post, the release of those players takes the Raiders $15m under the cap, it does not take another $15m off.

I think there will be some signings in a similar mould to last year, relatively low key.

I like what RM is doing though, steadily clearly the out of whack contracts in order that a team can be built properly. The rewards are still a little way off though. I think we need a good draft this year and next before we are really competitive. I hope RM and DA get the chance to see it through. I like their vision.

I thought this was a nice piece:
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...attle-seahawks

Last edited by AJP19 : 03-13-2013 at 08:31 AM.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote