Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Friday I'm going to be pretty much unavailable most of the day. Well mainly after lunch through the night. Sorry to be a pain.
WTF HUGE DEAL BRO
Old 03-12-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Friday I'm going to be pretty much unavailable most of the day. Well mainly after lunch through the night. Sorry to be a pain.
Let's get through your picks on Thursday then.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Don't have much love for my keepers.

Salvador Perez
Anthony Rizzo
David Ortiz
Ryan Howard
Hanley Ramirez
Jimmy Rollins
Josh Hamilton
Melky Cabrera
Justin Verlander
Stephen Strasburg
Matt Cain
Fernando Rodney

But I looooove Disney world!
Disney World is freeking awesome.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's to stop from Prince from picking right now? It's not like we've got a clock runnin

Old 03-12-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think xio said he can pick whenever.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll make a pick tonight then

It might take a while though with the keepers still on there

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Last edited by princefielder28 : 03-12-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
What's to stop from Prince from picking right now? It's not like we've got a clock runnin
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I think xio said he can pick whenever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'll make a pick tonight then
I intended to start the draft on Thursday. The reason we were waiting was so D could return from vacation.

Prince, just wait until tomorrow to pick please. We can start Wednesday.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Please use the selection thread, and please post a photo with your picks.

Trades are allowed, but those involving players must be approved before proceeding. Trades must include an equal number of draft picks and be of relative equality in terms of rounds.

Prince can pick whenever he's ready on Wednesday and we'll get started.

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-12-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made the first pick, texted MaxV just to let him know this got rolling

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I made the first pick, texted MaxV just to let him know this got rolling
Good pick with Hosmer. I was expecting someone else.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, I'm willing to listen to offers of Keeper/Pick for Keeper/Pick.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-13-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I'm getting pulled into some sort of meeting.

Skip me for now. I'll pick later.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-13-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the 2nd overall pick. I don't think skipping is a good idea. It's not like you've been on the clock for 24 hours.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

We won't skip you Max, but I do have my doubts that someone will want to trade up for this pick right now.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
We won't skip you Max, but I do have my doubts that someone will want to trade up for this pick right now.
If Prince didn't go with Hosmer I'd have seriously thought about trading up at some point in the 1st. Not sure about 2nd overall though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda figured Hosmer would go first, there's a pretty good chance I'm going to regret letting him go.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Kinda figured Hosmer would go first, there's a pretty good chance I'm going to regret letting him go.
Considering you kept Soriano/RP in a keeper league, yea you made a big mistake, good thing about drafting you can make it up with the picks you have

Old 03-13-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Considering you kept Soriano/RP in a keeper league, yea you made a big mistake, good thing about drafting you can make it up with the picks you have
I'd have kept Soriano, too. This is a keeper league, yes. But it's not a dynasty league. An elite closer easily presents more value than Hosmer for any team with an eye on winning this season, especially given that he has Freddie Freeman at 1B already. Yo's team looks like a contender.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'd have kept Soriano, too. This is a keeper league, yes. But it's not a dynasty league. An elite closer easily presents more value than Hosmer for any team with an eye on winning this season, especially given that he has Freddie Freeman at 1B already. Yo's team looks like a contender.
The closer job in baseball is given to whoever is hot, the top 5 rp in saves in 2011 were no were near the top 10 in 2012 & most actually lost their jobs, soriano was't even a closer to start the year. Closers are easy to come by now these day id rather have 1B who can play IF/UTIL & has high upside in BA & Power.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The closer job in baseball is given to whoever is hot, the top 5 rp in saves in 2011 were no were near the top 10 in 2012 & most actually lost their jobs, soriano was't even a closer to start the year. Closers are easy to come by now these day id rather have 1B who can play IF/UTIL & has high upside in BA & Power.
Soriano wasn't a closer only because he was playing behind the greatest closer ever. If he was on 90% of the other teams in baseball he would have been closing.

And you draft closers by team often. Not by the player himself. Are the Nationals going to be good? Yes. Has Soriano saved 40 plus games for 2 different teams in the last three years? Yes. Sounds like a safe bet to me.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 03-13-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
You're more than welcome to avoid valuing closers. Just can't say I agree with you. Hosmer is all about potential. It makes sense for Prince to take him because he's got to focus on building a group of keepers for the future, but for someone like Yo, contending now should take priority. I can't imagine it's very fun to have to play the long game in fantasy sports, waiting around for prospects to develop. It's why I never do it.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are also about 15 1B who will give you what Hosmer probably will.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Disney World is freeking awesome.
Disney World is quite magical!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I know that today's start to the draft should not be taken as indication of the pace we'll go at all along, but it's important to point out that we need to average better than a round per day in order to finish before opening day.

Ideally we would finish by March 28 or 29 to give a couple days to discuss possible trades.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'm here, pick will be up in a minute.

Sig by Primetime21
Closed Thread