Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero

Word is Greg Jennings is still hoping for Mike Wallace money. #Vikings aren't playing that game. Maybe when the price comes (way) down.
Yeah, that isn't happening
Old 03-12-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he can keep hoping but it ain't happening. If we really did offer around 10 mile per year how much more do you need Greg. Just go make a few more oldspice commercials.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shawn Zobel ‏@ShawnZobel_DHQ

Hearing the Packers are talking to Steven Jackson about a three year deal
I believe the speculated deal was something like 3 yr/$12 million

Quote:
Shawn Zobel ‏@ShawnZobel_DHQ

Also hearing its down to two other teams that are interested in Greg Jennings (Oak, Tenn) but smart money remains on him re-signing w/ GB
if it is down to those teams, I dont' see how he doesn't end up back in GB. The QB situations in both Tenn and Oak are....yeah

and now Jennings just tweeted out this

Quote:
Greg Jennings ‏@GregJennings

Hmmm.................
Jennings trolling the media with tweets like this lol

Last edited by BloodBrother : 03-12-2013 at 09:23 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Jennings but any deal longer than a year just doesn't make sense financially. We all know about the impending extensions for Rodgers, Matthews and Raji, but we're looking at a decision long term with Shields, Cobb has two years left on his rookie deal, Newhouse is a free agent after the season and left tackle could be a huge question mark, Bulaga has two years left on his deal, and Morgan Burnett will be looking for his extension as well. There's plenty on the horizon for deals and choices to be made, and it's not sensible to invest too much money in guys nearing the bad side of 30.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

It might be a 3 year deal(allegedly). That's not that bad, though it depends on how much is guaranteed. I'm a bit surprised that this may actually happen, though. Jones deal is almost up, Jordy will need an extension and obviously Cobb will need a new deal. If they keep Jennings, it will likely mean Jones won't be extended again

Raji might not be a lock for an extension either, but the others will definitely need them. Shields, Burnett and Bulaga are key components. Still need to see what they end up paying Clay and Rodgers after their inevitable extensions

Newhouse was up and down this past year at LT and with Bulaga taking reps there this year in camp, it would be ideal if he takes off with it. No hurry to pay Newhouse just yet IMO
Old 03-12-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we do a 3 year deal and front load the **** out of it? I'd be cool with Jennings making an absurd amount this year if we have the cap space right now.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I think the Pack have a little over $18 million in cap space right now, and if they did bring Jennings back, I'd bank hard on Finley being cut with his money basically being replaced with whatever new contract JEnnings gets
Old 03-12-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you guys rather overpay a bit for Jennings, keeping him.
Or would you rather win the services of Steven Jackson?

Which?

What's the price tag gonna be on James Harrison, by the way?
What about Peyton the White Rhino Hillis?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:00 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Would you guys rather overpay a bit for Jennings, keeping him.
Or would you rather win the services of Steven Jackson?

Which?

What's the price tag gonna be on James Harrison, by the way?
What about Peyton the White Rhino Hillis?
I don't think this is an either/or situation. Pure speculation but I believe whatever Ted has offered is structured such that signing Jackson is still possible.

Not sure what Harrison's price tag is but he basically plays the same position as Clay and I don't think he's interested in being a backup.

Saw something that claimed Hillis would be cheaper than Kuhn and Kuhn is due 2.5mil this season.

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 03-13-2013 at 08:02 AM.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I don't think this is an either/or situation. Pure speculation but I believe whatever Ted has offered is structured such that signing Jackson is still possible.

Not sure what Harrison's price tag is but he basically plays the same position as Clay and I don't think he's interested in being a backup.

Saw something that claimed Hillis would be cheaper than Kuhn and Kuhn is due 2.5mil this season.
Just read that Hillis is NOT scheduled for a visit.

I personally would rather add Jackson than Jennings.
We must become a bit more balanced, especially in the post-season... a bit more physicality and less finesse.

Adding Jackson (if he were to stay healthy unlike all our other RBs) would help that.
We'd still have Jordy, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, Ross, plus I think we keep J-Mike if we let Jennings go to richer pastures.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson would be nice but does anyone think he will actually make that big of an impact?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benson made an impact and Jackson is 3x the player Benson was and is.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

as much as id love to have jennings back, and as much as finley has let us all down in the past i like the jackson/finley/no-jennings field a lot more. now and in the future if it gives us more flexibility. i think this makes the most sense.

sincerely,

a lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
as much as id love to have jennings back, and as much as finley has let us all down in the past i like the jackson/finley/no-jennings field a lot more. now and in the future if it gives us more flexibility. i think this makes the most sense.

sincerely,

a lurker
AGREE 100%.

We could do a lot of good with that $10mil+ that Jennings and his sister are axing for.

We could add a player or 2 on defense... what would Bernie Pollard cost?
Or is he too physical for Dom's defense?
Old 03-13-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Jackson would be nice but does anyone think he will actually make that big of an impact?
I think he would. Packers simply haven't had a RB of his caliber since Ahman Green

he would definitely give them a threat in the backfield + Harris can be used as that change of pace type guy(and he showed a great burst). Good tandem. A good run game would also help slow the pass rush down a bit
Old 03-13-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welker going To Denver might help Jennings get some leverage from New England if there's any mutual interest there.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Welker going To Denver might help Jennings get some leverage from New England if there's any mutual interest there.
Patriots don't typically pay $ for WR's.
Jennings and them is ironic though isn't it.

It was Teddy's draft trade fleece of Belechick in the 2005/06 Draft that got the Patriots to trade up with us to take WR Chad Jackson, and Teddy later took WR Greg Jennings.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

If we sign Steven Jackson, I don't feel that should stop us from selecting a player like Johnathan Franklin in round two.

Jackson is an upgrade for us, but he is getting up there and has tons of mileage.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
If we sign Steven Jackson, I don't feel that should stop us from selecting a player like Johnathan Franklin in round two.

Jackson is an upgrade for us, but he is getting up there and has tons of mileage.
Is Franklin the best RB option you see there late Rd 2?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Is Franklin the best RB option you see there late Rd 2?
Come draft day, he might be my #1 RB (currently #3)...Lacy is starting to scare me with the hamstring issues that he can't seem to get past, and Bernard is good but the more I watch of Franklin, the more excited I get about the possibility of landing him and what he brings to the field.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

It's frustrating seeing Seattle and San Francisco (undoubtedly our top competition with Atlanta for the conference) be aggressive with exploring avenues to get their teams better and more competitive, while we sit here and wait to pluck from the bargain bin for guys who will be short term players or simply camp competition.

I know this is nothing new with Ted Thompson, but just seeing some of the deals being signed and with the quality free agents that are out there this year, it makes me wonder what they're doing at 1265 right now.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
It's frustrating seeing Seattle and San Francisco (undoubtedly our top competition with Atlanta for the conference) be aggressive with exploring avenues to get their teams better and more competitive, while we sit here and wait to pluck from the bargain bin for guys who will be short term players or simply camp competition.

I know this is nothing new with Ted Thompson, but just seeing some of the deals being signed and with the quality free agents that are out there this year, it makes me wonder what they're doing at 1265 right now.
It puts more pressure on the guys drafted that's for sure.
Perry & Worthy, last year's top 2, didn't take us to another level.
This year's guy's may have to, but that's asking a lot....
Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I hope to wake up and see #39 is officially a Packer.

http://packersinsider.com/?p=5271
Old 03-13-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Him and Greg (at 7mil) would be pretty awesome. Then cut Hawk and its a great day.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:

There are still a lot of quality defensive guys available IMO. Now, not sure if GB will sign any of them...but they are still out there so who knows

Also, regarding Jackson, I'd hope they don't just pass on taking a RB in the draft if they do end up signing him. He's clearly a short term option. This team usually does a good job of planning ahead so I would still see them taking a RB at some point in the draft this year