Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.
Default Thoughts in regards about Porter

What are your thoughts about Porter and what can you tell me about him, except of his mouth? Even if he was slowing down some, was he stil a good pass rushing LB and do you think he will do good in Miami with having Taylor and Thomas with him?
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

NFLBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He will do awesome for you guys. It will definately make your D better. On the other hand also, he will be a better ballplayer with those guys around him also. It's a win win situation for you Dolphin fans. I was pissed when we got rid of him, but I'm starting to get over it now. Enjoy watching 55, he is very fun to watch.
NFLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hes gonna be a terror for opponets. In Miami he'll get to rush the passer a ton. Hes gonna tear it up in a Dolphins Uni. Not only his play but he will bring some adrenaline to all the guys over there.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

So basicly, he's overrated by people because how much we signed him for and the fact hat he wasn't great like he was before?
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

i dont think hes overated.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hes declining in play... you overpaid but you are still getting a solid football player, i dont think he'll ever return to his probowl form but he should play pretty solid for you guys
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if nothing else he scares the **** out of every QB he faces for the simple fact that he is just an intimidating guy. the article in SI when he was on the cover for most feared player in NFL had Tom Brady saying the Porter scares the life out of him. he will get your guys pumped up to play believe me. and he will be a solid or better attributer.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
if nothing else he scares the **** out of every QB he faces for the simple fact that he is just an intimidating guy. the article in SI when he was on the cover for most feared player in NFL had Tom Brady saying the Porter scares the life out of him. he will get your guys pumped up to play believe me. and he will be a solid or better attributer.
yeah, is that when he wa on the cover with just shoulder pads??

dude is a beast to say the least
Old 03-12-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Porter will have a solid year or two left. He is slowing down but even in his down year last season he played well.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
yeah, is that when he wa on the cover with just shoulder pads??

dude is a beast to say the least
yea, there is a picture inside, of him with his pitbull and his a steelers collar for it and everything and they both are just mean mugging the camera. haha it is hilarious.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You will get a decent player and a presence in the locker room, but age and injuries have caught up with him.

He is not worth the money that you payed him. If you think that about 30-40 tackles and 5-10 sacks is worth it then you will like this guys production

However Taylor and Porter could be one lethal rush combination

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
You will get a decent player and a presence in the locker room, but age and injuries have caught up with him.

He is not worth the money that you payed him. If you think that about 30-40 tackles and 5-10 sacks is worth it then you will like this guys production

However Taylor and Porter could be one lethal rush combination
I'm curious to see how they do together as well. Both guys are great at getting to the QB, and I'm betting they can learn a few things from each other as well.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi View Post
I'm curious to see how they do together as well. Both guys are great at getting to the QB, and I'm betting they can learn a few things from each other as well.
Not to mention Porter will be the ROLB instead of LOLB.

meaning he'll be facing more Big slow Tackles instead of Ogden, Willie Anderson.

He'll be facing the monster likes of Terrence Pennington, Nick Kaczur, and Anthony Clements twice a season. He's not good against Premier LT's but he could still provide some good Sack #'s at LOLB.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Not to mention Porter will be the ROLB instead of LOLB.

meaning he'll be facing more Big slow Tackles instead of Ogden, Willie Anderson.

He'll be facing the monster likes of Terrence Pennington, Nick Kaczur, and Anthony Clements twice a season. He's not good against Premier LT's but he could still provide some good Sack #'s at LOLB.
Actually Porter played ROLB for us, not left.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Grr. I mixed it up.

He'll be playing LOLB instead of ROLB.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

yeah i almost put that until i saw at the end you put lolb
Old 04-22-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Packer#50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Do you consider those guys premeir left tackles? Because if you do they are not!
Old 04-22-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
glennjamen3
Rookie

glennjamen3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the dolphins may have overpaid for him but I think he still has a lot more left in the tank. He is very solid at the LEAST. In my opinion anyway. He was in more coverage last year than he was the year before but he still led the team in sacks (isn't saying much last year) and the year before it he lead the NFL in LB sacks. He's aging but he's fierce and he'll give you all he's got every weekend... man... I'm gonna cry

Thank you Jimmy for the sig.
glennjamen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
JayA55
Rookie

JayA55 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A great leader, but obviously getting up there in age. He's still amazing in run support (WS) and shows glimmers of still being able to get after the QB. I don't think Miami is the best of fits actually because it seems like you guys are going to move him to strong side, I'd rather leave him at weak side whereas he can still utilize his great speed most effectively. He's going to be superb in coverage, good against the run, from the strong side I wouldn't expect more than 8 sacks on the season to be honest.