Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-13-2013, 04:29 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
We are bringing Shonn Greene in for a visit: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...siting-titans/

Could be a nice compliment to CJ if he comes at the right price.
We did it in the mock forum offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:45 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Titans see Kendall as a slot reciver....they sure didn't play him there a ton last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Shonn Greene is expected to sign.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it. Just hope it doesn't deter us from drafting a running back.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did we sign Quinn Johnson? he is like the Leroy Harris of FBs.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I'm not concerned at all, we still have 9 OL on our roster.
I know our starting 4. Then Amano = hopefully gone. Otto and Stingly I'm ok with. Who's left that has a recognizable name? We've ditched a lot of the backups. Is Kasey Studdard still with us? I guess he may be a solid backup, but didn't he had some kinda injury awhile back?

We have to find a starter at RG and possibly 2 interior backups.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Why did we sign Quinn Johnson? he is like the Leroy Harris of FBs.
Or the Lamont Thompson of safeties.

I'm surprised here too. An article today says Walker will probably not be used at FB much (now more reason to question his value question his value).

Oh well, land Shonn Greene and all is forgiven!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Ok, all is forgiven already. Shonn Greene is a Titan :)
Old 03-13-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sammie Lee Hill to the Tits is official.

3 yr, 11.4 mil, 4 mil guaranteed.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
I know our starting 4. Then Amano = hopefully gone. Otto and Stingly I'm ok with. Who's left that has a recognizable name? We've ditched a lot of the backups. Is Kasey Studdard still with us? I guess he may be a solid backup, but didn't he had some kinda injury awhile back?

We have to find a starter at RG and possibly 2 interior backups.
Studdard is still there, Otto is there and he can be a backup at guard.

We'll need some depth on the interior, whether by FA or the draft. But we'll only carry around 8 on the 53 man roster. Still need a Guard/Center swing player
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shonn Greene is a nice fit for us. I think that's a little high for a backup RB, but if we didn't spend it it doesn't help us.

SLH is a nice big guy for depth on the D-Line.

Right now, we're lighting it up in FA.

Cutting Amano and signing Brandon Moore would be great though
Old 03-13-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Studdard is still there, Otto is there and he can be a backup at guard.

We'll need some depth on the interior, whether by FA or the draft. But we'll only carry around 8 on the 53 man roster. Still need a Guard/Center swing player
I do remember Otto playing OG some, but I'd guess we'd have 2 dedicated interior backups and keep 8-9 on the o-line. I assumed Studdard was just signed for last year. If he's under contract for this year, maybe they see a solid potential interior backup...but he hasn't played in 2 years. Not sure if that's such a strong option.

I was somewhat impressed with the backup OG we've had from Syracuse the last few years (forget his name). He got injured in preseason, broken leg I think. Maybe he's an option, but probably not a very strong one.

We need a RG starter, so do we trust a rookie? I think we can, but I don't think it'd be some late round guy. Then the question is who is the backup C? Surely not Amano. Will the rookie be asked to do that? Do we bring someone in?

Seeing how 4/5ths of our OL was on IR by the end of the year, I guess I'm just really questioning our backup positions. The Titans seem to be also since they've ditched most of those guys. Which makes me wonder how we will add more and what priority will they have.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was somewhat impressed with the backup OG we've had from Syracuse the last few years (forget his name). He got injured in preseason, broken leg I think. Maybe he's an option, but probably not a very strong one.
Ryan Durand

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Yeah that guy! But according to TitansOnline, he's not on the roster. Maybe we waived him?
Old 03-13-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LB Moise Fokou signed. We're gonna have to clear some more cap room for rookies, it appears. Hass paycut and Amano cut maybe?
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Our roster looks a hell of lot better for the draft, although we still have glaring holes at RG and DE....we also need some more depth on defense.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Amano and Hass should save us about 5 or 6 million, trading Nate would save another 4mil, but that would probably go to Amendola or another WR.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Greene deal is a bit expensive for my liking for a guy that will be the 2nd option. Hopefully he thrives in the change of pace role and can stay healthy.

I think the SLH signing is interesting. He's getting paid like a starter so I wonder if we plan to use him accordingly. He's to hoping he blows up in an expanded role.

Hopefully Hass will restructure and Amano will be cut. DE, RG, and WR look like the biggest needs if Nate is let loose. Interested that all has been quiet on the FA DEs. I'd love Bennett, but not sure of the kind of money he will demand.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 03-13-2013 at 05:53 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I doubt Shonn sees year 3 of that deal.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

We've spent a lot of cash, but it seems worth the risk to me rather than letting that money burn a hole in Bud's pocket. Of course the question is, will we get a significant return in our investments? I can see the logic behind each signing, I just hope we filled the holes with the right pieces.

The draft looks deep in areas we have signed FA's too, most likely lessening our chances of picking those positions. Hate to come backs years later and say "We coulda picked that guy! But instead we signed a FA bust that offseason." :(
Old 03-13-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm just hoping the plan isn't to move Amano to RG and have him start.

I just want him cut, but we tend to let even our sucky investments play out their contracts
Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions fans seem high on SLH. Seem to say he's great against the run and can penetrate decently for his size, but needs to keep his weight under control.

Anyone hearing anything on Bennett or the other DEs?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well fuckaluckadingdong
TitansCJftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah that guy! But according to TitansOnline, he's not on the roster. Maybe we waived him?
Yup. Not even certain he made the roster as a rook. Think he got placed on the PS and signed elsewhere off of there.

I can get behind Hill. Not because I'm small and quick, but because I approve the signing.

Meh on Greene. He's a short yardage, goalline back cause CJ's backup doesn't see a lot of carries. Would have rather drafted Zach Line who can run the ball well or Kyle Juszczyk (thanks to Matt Sczcur I can pronounce that name!) who can catch the ball. Then we'd have our FB, and our short yardage dude. Now we're paying a dude with miles (he got worked at Iowa) 3y/10m to do it. Then Quinn Johnson is addition by subtraction, and poop. Poop poop poopity poop, is what I say.

Fokou must play ST's well.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Where is this poop you speak of and when do we feast on its corny goodness?

Quote: