Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-13-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank goodness. That helps. I really hope we keep Cruz. That's FA to me. What happens to Cruz. Everything else is irrelevant. Cruz is our offseason (minus the draft).
Old 03-13-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dansby has been cut by the Dolphins, he could be a good MLB option.

Brinkley left without a deal

S Ryan Mundy is coming in for a visit
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Thank goodness. That helps. I really hope we keep Cruz. That's FA to me. What happens to Cruz. Everything else is irrelevant. Cruz is our offseason (minus the draft).
I am still thinking the Jets could make a play for Cruz after they finalise the Revis trade.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I am still thinking the Jets could make a play for Cruz after they finalise the Revis trade.
That would be the worst club possible to get Cruz. Except for one thing. We then get the #9 overall pick, and can take Ansah there if he's available. Or trade up with our second to get him.

1a:Ansah
1b:Trufant
3:LB
4-7: stock up on O-line and perhaps some depth LB and DL.
UFA: Find the next Cruz!! (yes, this is irony/totally unrealistic)

WIN!!!

Please sign him, Jets!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't want Brinkley or Mundy. meh
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In all honesty, I think we re-sign Cruz now. I'm guessing it will get done by the end of this week.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
No way. They can't afford to pay big money for someone and lose a draft pick on top of that. They're in full rebuild mode.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if they wanted him, because he is a giant, I can't see them doing that. This has been an interesting off season. MB got his pay day which was good. I do want to see what Robinson will do.

Quote:
Tom Rock @TomRock_Newsday

Kellen Davis a Giant? Probably not, I'm told. Seems they'll stick with A Robinson, Pascoe, Donnell and the draft to replace M Bennett.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No way. They can't afford to pay big money for someone and lose a draft pick on top of that. They're in full rebuild mode.
I don't agree, they have restructured a bunch of of contracts. They also have a core of vets, particularly on offense. Their priority seems to have been getting their cap situation in order and overhauling the roster rather than complete rebuild.

by trading Revis they save around $6m against the cap, they could easily do something like a 5 year $50m deal with $20m SB. With a $1m base salary that's around $5m against the cap this year.

Bear in mind it will cost $1.5m to $2 mil to sign a early-mid rookie anyways.

So if they traded Revis and signed Cruz, they cut a potential big contract issue, give Bradford a legit set of weapons to work with .

I think giving their new OC Marty Mornhinweg some tools to worth with could result in a big turn around for their offense

I am not saying NYJ will do it, but they certainly could do it, their Owner does like flashy moves.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 03-13-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew the giants wouldn't sign Levitre, but with him leaving Buffalo I'm really bummed we didn't. He's awesome and would've been perfect for our OL at either LG or RT.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
That would be the worst club possible to get Cruz. Except for one thing. We then get the #9 overall pick, and can take Ansah there if he's available. Or trade up with our second to get him.

1a:Ansah
1b:Trufant
3:LB
4-7: stock up on O-line and perhaps some depth LB and DL.
UFA: Find the next Cruz!! (yes, this is irony/totally unrealistic)

WIN!!!

Please sign him, Jets!
I am not sure on the exact RFA rules for comp picks, but if the Jets trade Revis it will include an extra first round pick. I would imagine we would get the lower of the two in compensation.

Other teams whom I think are options include Minnesota, St Louis and the Texans.

I have been surprised with the very high interest and demand in WRs so far in free agency.

I still think there are a few teams who will be legitimately interested in Cruz, particularly the playoff teams. There are still way to much cap room available to be confident Cruz will be a giant this season, I think it is 50-50 right now.

Hopefully it will get resolved either way soon.

Tom Condon will be working the phones, the Giants offer is on the table, plus we know what the top WRs got and the details of the Percy Harvin trade.

We will likely have an idea shortly after the 3 day period for change of agent. If a team does sign Cruz to an offer sheet we still have a week to match it.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a team has 2 first round picks we would get the pick that is actually owned by that team and not the one they acquired.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 03-13-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't know we signed Painter

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If a team has 2 first round picks we would get the pick that is actually owned by that team and not that the one they acquired.
yeah pretty sure this is correct

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post

Didn't know we signed Painter
Yup it was back in the beginning of January.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

We signed Painter a while back
Old 03-13-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I guess the plan is if Eli goes down we want Clowney.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I guess the plan is if Eli goes down we want Clowney.
That would be the best for everyone involved at that point.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any news about cruz?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
That would be the best for everyone involved at that point.
Jpp and Clowney? You can call pretty much any play and they'd all work

Unless you pull a Fewell and drop one or both into coverage.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:29 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:

OMG that would be so awesome I just typed like a fourteen year old girl just thinking about it!!!

BTW, have you guys seen this Youtube video? It's Clowneys senior HS highlights. That's just not fair to the kids his playing against. He shouldn't be allowed. It looked like a NFL player against kindergarteners at some points in the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTkmiBdoBDc

Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 06:31 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
If a team has 2 first round picks we would get the pick that is actually owned by that team and not the one they acquired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
yeah pretty sure this is correct
It is. That's why I think the Jets stays away. To give up #9 overall and a huge contract for Cruz, that's a bit too much for a team in rebuilding mode.

Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

He'd line them both up at S in the box of course.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-14-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just finished the Forum Mock, thoughts on how I did?
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...8&#post3288468

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so apparently Diehl "re-structured" his contract. I thought he only had 1 year left so not sure how you re-structure that, but I like it. Perhaps just a pay-cut. either way, it's good
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote