Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 03-07-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Felt like Bowe was easily the #1 WR on the market if they let him test it...

I don't think Mike Wallace is worth the money he is about sign for...maybe i would feel different if we had a QB that could throw down the field.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have not contacted Levitre once.

We only tagged Byrd, affordable I understand, but didn't resign him for multiple years which is what you do with talent like Byrd.

We sign McKelvin to 4yr/20 Mil

Guys...I'm not trying to be a downer, I'm really not...but what the hell are we doing?!

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-09-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post

We only tagged Byrd, affordable I understand, but didn't resign him for multiple years which is what you do with talent like Byrd.

Guys...I'm not trying to be a downer, I'm really not...but what the hell are we doing?!
How long have you been a Bills fan. This is business as usual for Wilson, he refuses to pay the going price for stars and very good players and we consistently lose them in FA/give away trades, going back quite a few years.

Clements CB
Winfield CB
Peters LT
Whitner S
Marshall Lynch RB

These are what I can remember off the top of my head.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Levitate is not a great fit with marrones offense and they don't want to spend that kind of money on a guard. Maybe seeing what the market is....
Byrd IDK :( They need to extend him, that to me is baffling, not locking him up is just stupid.
McLovin fits the system being best in man coverage and its a team friendly contract keeping one of the best return men around. I am also higher on McLovin as a defender than most.
I think they are keeping their draft and FA options open right now. Byrd is frustrating, the rest is keeping open options.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Alright well we will see some of those options hopefully on Tuesday when the free agency period opens.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alright well we will see some of those options hopefully on Tuesday when the free agency period opens.
I would be surprised myself if they signed anyone on tuesday, wait and see IMO.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing Levitre is bleh. 8 mil is a lot for a G though.

Let's put that money towards Nnamdi.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Manny Lawson... At least the guy can cover TE's and the lot...

I woke up this morning and the sun came up, whew, I thought the world was ending for sure...

Yesterday was painful for too many Billievers.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I like the Manny Lawson signing as well.

Definitely a sign that we will be full go on 3-4 defense soon enough.

Supposedly Stevie is calling for DHB to be in Buffalo. Not sure of my thoughts on that one.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like the Manny Lawson signing as well.

Definitely a sign that we will be full go on 3-4 defense soon enough.

Supposedly Stevie is calling for DHB to be in Buffalo. Not sure of my thoughts on that one.
Do you think the Lawson signing pushes Dion Jordan down their board?
IMO J. Jones turns into the perfect compliment through the draft.
I would not mind DHB, I think he is starting to come around, and would give us a legit deep threat (certainly better than Graham), and in concert with drafting a guy like Patterson, and moving Stevie into the slot would give the Bills a scary "3 level" passing attack with Spiller and F. Jax out of the backfield. Enhancing the running game as well. Not liking it if it is for big money.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I agree on Jarvis Jones becoming a legit threat/complement to Manny as we switch to a 3-4.

Bradham will eventually kick in to ILB in the new system, and he will be very solid there. He has the size to go with the speed.

I would not mind DHB either, I actually think he was coming along nicely until the whole concussion incident last season. Definitely better than Graham like you said.

The real question at the moment is what are we doing about OG?? Let Levitre walk obviously, and now Rinehart is gone as well. I wonder what options they are looking at, maybe we will see something tmrw or by friday.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 01:55 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure why you view Manny Lawson as a reason for a full-on switch to 3-4. There will be stand up looks and a hybrid style, but it's not like he lived up to his prospect hype as a rush backer. He's basically a 43 SLB. Shep inside, Bradham maybe at WILL, Scott playing in nickel packages? And then maybe stand up an end and have Lawson play outside for other looks. I know Pettine's background with Ryan and I have no idea what his plans are, but our personnel certainly isn't pigeonholed.

Plus new talent anywhere in the front-7, because we sure need it.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 03-14-2013 at 01:57 AM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:02 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Well I know Pettine has mentioned at some point we will be converting to full 3-4. With Signing Lawson, to me that was just proof that we will be there by at least year 2.

I know obviously this year we are still going 4-3 front with a good amount of 3-4 looks during games. At least, that is what he mentioned when first signing on as DC.

With 4-3 this year, Bradham definitely going to weakside. That gives us two very athletic LB's on the outside with Manny.

No matter what, Pettine is from that Ryan leadership of putting players in position of their strength/best chance to succeed. I really do hope he is as aggressive as Ryan is, it will make our defense a lot more exciting and I feel we have some good starters on our Defense right away even before Draft.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-15-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

I have been reading up alot lately on Marrone, Pettine and Nix. A couple thoughts;
1 - I think they like Barkley alot, Marrone has said that he thought Barkley would have challenge Luck for the #1 QB last year over RG3. With Smith's pro-day, I think he is gone by 8, and Barkley is in play at 8 (not ideal IMO, but...) or thier trade up target later in the first.
2 - After signing Lawson, D. Jordan is not in serious consideration as they are very similar and J. Jones is not likely to make it past Buffalo having possibly passed his medical exams. Jones IMO can do it all. IMO J. Jones, N. Bradham, and M. Lawson in Passing situations is a strong cover/pass rush group, add about any "thumper" (Sheppard? Im fine with that) type makes a very good 3-4LB group.
3 - Pettine and the Jets ran a ton of various nickel and dime type heavy DB looks, with the holes in the secondary, a corner would not be surprising at 8.
4 - Marrone being a former olineman, oline coach, and someone who values the oline, could easily take a LT and move Glenn around to guard or RT, enhancing the run game and passing game. With the value at T at the top of this draft and relative lack of top 10 value, if one of the the 3 falls, it has to be a good posibility.
5 - WR is a possibility, but Patterson really does not fit Nix philosophy of getting guys with proven track records (neither does L. Johnson really). So unless he changes (unlikely) or K. Allen knocks it out of the park at his pro-day, I dont see it.

Draft options at 8; QB (clearly) - Smith/Barkley?, LB - J. Jones, CB - Milliner, Rhodes even Trufant (highly doubtfull at 8), T - L. Johnson, E. Fisher or Joeckel (should he fall...).

Thoughs??
Old 03-15-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I think with how this FA has gone first week.

I really don't know if we let ourselves have a choice. It looks like we are forced to take high OT/OG on our board or the QB (Smith/Barkley).

I would love to have a shot at Jarvis Jones but I don't know if we can afford to go defense at the moment. Same goes for Milliner.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-16-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think with how this FA has gone first week.

I really don't know if we let ourselves have a choice. It looks like we are forced to take high OT/OG on our board or the QB (Smith/Barkley).

I would love to have a shot at Jarvis Jones but I don't know if we can afford to go defense at the moment. Same goes for Milliner.
I think you are right but I'd put QB at the top of the list. We have nothing at the position and drafting a QB in round 2 carries an awful lot of risk. It would mean that if he is successful and becomes a true franchise QB, his rookie contract would be for 4 years not 5, another reason why so many QB's get picked in round 1 even if they are round 2 talents.

QB's demand a lot of money after their rookie contract and teams much perfer to pay it in year 6 rather than in year 5.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per our own Chris Brown...

Quote:
@caggiano_ Yeah bigger issue is #Bills brass is on road scouting pro days. Hard to hold FA visits right now.
sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Yikes. Seriously???

I mean we need an awesome draft, but not hosting FA visits because of Pro days?? I've never heard such a thing.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-16-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yikes. Seriously???

I mean we need an awesome draft, but not hosting FA visits because of Pro days?? I've never heard such a thing.
Neither have I.
I was a Buddy 'backer up until I saw this.
It's completely ridiculous and an embarrassment to both the team and the league. Nothing will change until Ralph is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

If it is true some questions I would ask.
Shouldnt Tom Gibbons (Dir. of Pro Personnel), Rob Hanrahan (Pro Personnel Coordinator), Kevin Meganck (Player Personnel Analyst) and Doug Whaley (Asst. GM, Director of Player Personnel) be all over this? Isnt it thier jobs? What have they been doing?
Nix (IMO), Cook and Co. should be focusing on the draft as it is just "that" important, but the Pro Personnel should have been all over FA long ago.
Nix is the facilitator and should have both aspects FA and the Draft under control. He has to rely on his pro-personnel department for input and to do their jobs, maybe Chris Brown should ask about that aspect of it all.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Geno Smith visiting with us on friday. Should be interesting to hear some details afterwards.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-19-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
If it is true some questions I would ask.
Shouldnt Tom Gibbons (Dir. of Pro Personnel), Rob Hanrahan (Pro Personnel Coordinator), Kevin Meganck (Player Personnel Analyst) and Doug Whaley (Asst. GM, Director of Player Personnel) be all over this? Isnt it thier jobs? What have they been doing?
Nix (IMO), Cook and Co. should be focusing on the draft as it is just "that" important, but the Pro Personnel should have been all over FA long ago.
Nix is the facilitator and should have both aspects FA and the Draft under control. He has to rely on his pro-personnel department for input and to do their jobs, maybe Chris Brown should ask about that aspect of it all.
I hate to be repetitive, but I think Wilson gives the GM a budget and said, don't go outside it, and based on our activity in FA, I'm guessing the budget is pretty mediocre leaving the GM in a position where he realizes he can only sign a few leftovers after the mad FA rush is over. Putting this on the GM, isn't reasonable in Buffalo's situation.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I hate to be repetitive, but I think Wilson gives the GM a budget and said, don't go outside it, and based on our activity in FA, I'm guessing the budget is pretty mediocre leaving the GM in a position where he realizes he can only sign a few leftovers after the mad FA rush is over. Putting this on the GM, isn't reasonable in Buffalo's situation.
Didnt we spend the 3rd most in free agency last year?
How did that work out?
Why over spend for equal talent?
ex. Why spend 5 mill on L. Landry when you can get B. Pollard for 2 mill?
Hasnt the "Ralph is cheap" arguement essentially been proven inaccurate and out dated here?

If the reason for only one free agent visit is something to the effect of this; "Dag on-it we are busy with pro-days and the draft." then this organization is truely f*#%^d, due to a lack of organization, and is the GM's fault and is reasonable grounds for firing due to incompetence.

M. Devito just got 4.2 mill a year to be a 1-2 down run stopper, and Jared Cook 7 mill, which is more than the Gronk got, which in itself is obsurd. I am actually glad they have not over spent early in free agency.

What I would love to hear is that there is a plan of action and they are following through with it.

I am looking forward to hearing about G. Smiths visit, but I think they are being more tight lipped this off season, so it would not shock me to hear little if anything about it. Unless someone's brothers, uncle's, monkey's terd from last tuesday has a connection who wants the information to get out in some sort of attempt to lose any long term job security. Sorry, just was reading some of the crap on the BB boards... Arrrr....
Old 03-20-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I don't blame Ralph for much anymore except for the horribleness that is the Toronto home games.

If they don't want to splurge in FA with how weak the market is this season that is fine, but they better have one hell of a draft if they are using all their resources on it.

And Poz - there is a reason why im not on the BB boards that much anymore and I posted there for a long time. CatchMoulds80.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't blame Ralph for much anymore except for the horribleness that is the Toronto home games.

If they don't want to splurge in FA with how weak the market is this season that is fine, but they better have one hell of a draft if they are using all their resources on it.

And Poz - there is a reason why im not on the BB boards that much anymore and I posted there for a long time. CatchMoulds80.
I agree with the Toronto crap, whole heartedly. I dont live in the area anymore, nor get to go see them in person anymore, but I used to regularly and would be pissed as a local fan, on top of it, I dont like it at all.

I like your take on the draft, makes sense. I do still think your pro personnel department should be doing some due dilignece, Nix IMO should be focused on the draft, maybe he has his pro personnel on point, just "hiding in the weeds". No monkey terds here.

I dont blame you, there are a couple good posters there still, but too many trolls, and guys who rode the pine in high school. I know I have some strong opinions, but too many think people there think their opinion is fact, while ignoring actual facts. I stopped about four years ago myself Posluszny51 (?)