Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-14-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so apparently Diehl "re-structured" his contract. I thought he only had 1 year left so not sure how you re-structure that, but I like it. Perhaps just a pay-cut. either way, it's good
The reports I am hearing are saying pay cut, not a restructure
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
The reports I am hearing are saying pay cut, not a restructure
original report I read was re-structure, but now I'm reading pay cut, which is awesome. Class act. Keep him around as a back up swing tackle for a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are reportedly interested in LB Justin Durant

He would actually be a quite good fit
Old 03-14-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Diehl took a paycut like Webster which is nice. I still think Webster contributes a lot more this year though.

Also, we are closing to a deal with S Ryan Mundy according to a report.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ooooh me likey Justin Durant. I'd be quite happy with that. With him, DE, OL, CB would be our top 3 needs and we'd be in good spots in the 1st 3 rounds for all of them
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keith Rivers back on a 1 year deal. Please stay healthy just once!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I like the Rivers resigning

I'm hoping he stays healthy, none if his injuries have been too serious.

I wonder if we intend using him at MLB, that's were we initially wanted to use him when he signed but he can play any of our LB spots
Old 03-14-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

KP to the eagles. worst day ever
Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Nothing I hate more then a divisional rival signing our players
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like that knee is a big issue. For his so called talent, that's telling he had limited interest and no long term deal. I wonder if this is a show me type deal? As in show me production and health.

I liked him as a prospect. Good luck to him.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we'll miss him much at all.

In other news, the Eagles also signed Cary Williams. So we've got that going for us!
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, but to credit them, they are being good about their talent. Not over spending and even bringing in guys like chung and dixon who were once Ducks with Kelly.

I am not worried about this. Maybe the eagles can use KP the in a more efficient way. I'd like for KP to do well, of course not against us, but in general.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I wanted kp in the draft. was one of my favorites on the team. This is just a dagger to me. Ugh
Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yeah I liked him too. I remember reading Marty in Albany's training camp report about KP. I remember being awed by how KP was all over the place. Hard hits, getting Ints, and basically everywhere. He did that too, and it all changed after that Dallas game at Dallas, where KP had an int. Then, he found about is knee, and while solid, never was efficient as he could in the various defensive systems.

I saw him as a glorified outfielder. Stopped the big plays, but never that guy, who flashed that insane potential. That damn knee is too blame and stupid musical coordinators.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They signed Chung the other day, so maybe KP is going to be their FS?
Old 03-14-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, so I guess I have to stow away my Phillips-jersey now. Out of all the 31 other teams in the league, why the Eagles? Why? ****

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They signed Chung the other day, so maybe KP is going to be their FS?
Or maybe he won't start for them. Stevie Brown in one season was more of a ballhawk for us than KP ever was.
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

The way our offseason has gone so far, we should get comp draft picks for Bennett and Phillips
Old 03-14-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
The way our offseason has gone so far, we should get comp draft picks for Bennett and Phillips
Depending on Kp's deal, maybe not for him.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

KP has a one year deal with the Eagles
Old 03-14-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Yeah, so I guess I have to stow away my Phillips-jersey now. Out of all the 31 other teams in the league, why the Eagles? Why? ****
With this free agency and cost of jersey I made a rule for myself. Buy franchise QB jersey, like Eli, OR buy retired HOFers like a LT or Carson. Never guy any other position ones. That's the rule I made. The Shockey one I have I guess I can change to Cruz. But I am not buying any other position but QB or retired players who are or will be HOFers.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
KP has a one year deal with the Eagles
I saw that. Depending upon the money. Chances are it's not for much, so it will be cancelled out by what we have already brought in as far as comp picks go.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
With this free agency and cost of jersey I made a rule for myself. Buy franchise QB jersey, like Eli, OR buy retired HOFers like a LT or Carson. Never guy any other position ones. That's the rule I made. The Shockey one I have I guess I can change to Cruz. But I am not buying any other position but QB or retired players who are or will be HOFers.
Yeah, I should probably follow that rule as well. But I get excited sometimes, and buy stupid jerseys. I currently have replica jerseys with Phillips and Umeniyora on the back, as well as one with my own name( yes, I am a child).

And of course an Authentic jersey with Eli on the back. I don't see that one going out of style anytime soon :)

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Yeah, I should probably follow that rule as well. But I get excited sometimes, and buy stupid jerseys. I currently have replica jerseys with Phillips and Umeniyora on the back, as well as one with my own name( yes, I am a child).

And of course an Authentic jersey with Eli on the back. I don't see that one going out of style anytime soon :)
Yeah, I can't afford to spend 80 dollars on stuff like that every time What's worse if when the players leaves then. I learned that with Shockey. It was a terrible feeling having a jersey I can't use. Cruz may save that because I can possible re-letter it and re-name it Cruz #80.

But if it's not a QB, I won't buy the jersey. Even then, I would wait a few years for the QB to establish himself. I bought the Eli jersey right away in 2004, and I was waiting for it to get value. But I guess our next QB, I'd wait until the QB is established like a Matt Ryan or other level down from elite. As in the QB, is good but not elite or HOFer.

Another thing is just buy retired HOFer jersey. My next one would be an LT one if I do spend money. Can't go wrong with that one!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this isn't the greatest idea, but what about Mike Jenkins from Dallas at FS?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote