Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 03-13-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Huff had bought himself some time with being our most steady DB and all. If anything I thought Mitchell and/or Giordano would go.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for potential FA signings, I think there might be some interest in Nick Barnett, given his history with RM and Bob Sanders. Likewise for DJ Williams and Tracey Porter and their ties with DA. I've seen Matt Slauson's name mentioned too.

There's a few others I'd be interested in taking a look at, guys like Kenny Phillips, Winfield, Barwin, Burnett, Dansby all guys who are older or had injury issues that may make them viable options, though I think most of them will receive better offers or be just outside of our price range.

It would be nice to pick up a reliable run stopping DT and leave the play making to Houston and a LB or DT we pick up in the draft. I found a nice little free agent guide here, which suggests there's a couple of guys like that out there who may fit.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I thought Huff had bought himself some time with being our most steady DB and all. If anything I thought Mitchell and/or Giordano would go.
Yeah his versatility was very helpful this year, but his $11m cap hit this year was far more than his play deserves. It would have carried less dead money to cut him last year but given the difficulty in finding an adequate replacement, I don't think keeping him was a bad idea. It was just a bad contract, and if he wasn't going to take a pay cut there was only one other option really.

Both him and DHB have been class acts though start to finish, which is nice to see.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

Well thats the run stuffing DT taken care of with Sims. Maiava is another solid if unspectacular pick up and Hunter apparently did a good job filling in for Dumervil in 2011 and spent last year on IR.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty happy with Sims. He's only 28 so he still has juice left. Maiava I'm a little iffy about. As long as he doesn't completely blow I suppose.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mitchell and Gio are both FAs. They're free to be a wasted roster spot on some other team whenever an offer comes around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP19 View Post
Yeah his versatility was very helpful this year, but his $11m cap hit this year was far more than his play deserves. It would have carried less dead money to cut him last year but given the difficulty in finding an adequate replacement, I don't think keeping him was a bad idea. It was just a bad contract, and if he wasn't going to take a pay cut there was only one other option really.

Both him and DHB have been class acts though start to finish, which is nice to see.
Yeah, I woulda liked to have kept both, especially Huff. But, at those numbers, you expect much better players than either of those guys ever amounted to.

Huff will probably blow up now that he has the chance to latch on with a real team.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty happy with Sims. He's only 28 so he still has juice left. Maiava I'm a little iffy about. As long as he doesn't completely blow I suppose.
Maiava is supposed to be really good in coverage, but kinda shaky as a tackler. We need someone to cover the TEs in this division, so he might prove really useful.

God damn it.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid F/A pick ups so far, like everyone has said nothing to that drops your jaw but looks like solid players add to the defense. I wish there was a way to bring back DHB on the cheap but doubt it happens.

Also I'm getting the feeling Arizona/Buffalo will trade up for Geno Smith, possibly in the 2-5 range. Perfect trade down scenario of us IMO by picking up pick(s) and likely still getting a top prospect on our board. Say we are able to still get Lotulelei/Milliner/Jordan at 7/8 and add the extra selections would be ideal.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Ahhh see I wasn't sure about the numbers but yeah that's a lot of dough for Huff. Sad he didn't pan out like we envisioned but I would like him back. We still need a lot of defensive help though.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Oh, if he'd come back at a reasonable rate, I wouldn't hate it. I suspect Reggie wants to move on, though.

God damn it.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who hasn't bought into the Sharrif Floyd hype. He's a 5-15 prospect in my book, he'd be a reach at #3 IMO.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-16-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Am I the only one who hasn't bought into the Sharrif Floyd hype. He's a 5-15 prospect in my book, he'd be a reach at #3 IMO.
Oh god no. I don't like him at all. He's not special to me at all.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After Michael Huff was cut, he posted a tweet that he might turn to basketball, his first true love.

That kind of response is likely to be a reason why Huff was cut by McKenzie in the first place (apart from his $11m+ cap number). McKenzie specifically said he wants to have guys who love football. That response tells me Huff doesn't love football.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
After Michael Huff was cut, he posted a tweet that he might turn to basketball, his first true love.

That kind of response is likely to be a reason why Huff was cut by McKenzie in the first place (apart from his $11m+ cap number). McKenzie specifically said he wants to have guys who love football. That response tells me Huff doesn't love football.
That's stretch my man. Much better chance it was about money. Also, you could look at it like this: Huff was so distraught about having to take off the silver and black, he didn't even want to play football.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders sign LB Kevin Burnett.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I like that signing. Burris, Burnett, and Roach should make for a decent LB corps. Sprinkle some Maiava in there too.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-18-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Burnett has lots of 3-4 experience. Interesting.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders sign Falcons DT Vance Walker. Reggie has added 6 new players to the defense 3 LBs and 3 D-line.

Dee Milliner at 3?
Old 03-18-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Still need a pass rusher. Very clearly the top need.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

I like that RM keeps signing a bunch if guys coming off rookie contracts showing potential. The Raiders will have to fill spots with some old farts, but their biggest signings are young guys with some upside.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Depending on if we keep Kelly, it looks more and more like we will go with a pass rusher, Milliner or Joeckel/Fisher (also still got to include Geno Smith but I won't until Palmer/Pryor are gone). Dion Jordan or Jarvis Jones (still hearing reports that he is cleared and not cleared so that's a question that will be answered on draft day) are the pass rushers I'd take at 3.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-19-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Ansah or Jordan please!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-19-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Depending on if we keep Kelly, it looks more and more like we will go with a pass rusher, Milliner or Joeckel/Fisher (also still got to include Geno Smith but I won't until Palmer/Pryor are gone). Dion Jordan or Jarvis Jones (still hearing reports that he is cleared and not cleared so that's a question that will be answered on draft day) are the pass rushers I'd take at 3.
No way do we draft Jarvis Jones at #3. Straight line athlete who doesn't have ideal size. If we go pass rusher, it's going to be someone like Jordan or Ansah.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

I like Jordan over Ansah for his versatility, on/off the field leadership and his higher floor. Ansah at three makes me feel uneasy.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Ansah is a huge reach at 3, he has he potential but a guy like Jordan is a much smarter pick at 3 IMO and he already has experience dropping into coverage.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707