Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who do you BELIEVE Jackson WILL sign with?
Atlanta 23 53.49%
Denver 1 2.33%
Detroit 2 4.65%
Green Bay 13 30.23%
Elsewhere: WHO? 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

reason i voted packers was because we did the same thing last year with cedric benson. if he hadn't got injured it would've paid off, so i think we could do the same with jackson.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PS I dont think Michael Turner is nearly as done as people think. I saw it a couple years ago that he was no longer the horse he used to be and not nearly as fast, but as a power back, he still brings a lot to the table. I feel like someone should be able to pick up as a rotational back and get some effective play out of him. it went from him being overrated b/c people saw he still had solid numbers and didnt realize he was declining, to him now being underrated b/c the "Turners legs are wearing out" story has been overblown. The guys still a ****** load to bring down and he looked pretty good in the playoffs, I remember him gashing that Seattle defense.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
PS I dont think Michael Turner is nearly as done as people think. I saw it a couple years ago that he was no longer the horse he used to be and not nearly as fast, but as a power back, he still brings a lot to the table. I feel like someone should be able to pick up as a rotational back and get some effective play out of him. it went from him being overrated b/c people saw he still had solid numbers and didnt realize he was declining, to him now being underrated b/c the "Turners legs are wearing out" story has been overblown. The guys still a ****** load to bring down and he looked pretty good in the playoffs, I remember him gashing that Seattle defense.
If he happens to break through a hole, he gets caught from behind 100% of the time now. His legs are gone. Goal line back? sure why not

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
reason i voted packers was because we did the same thing last year with cedric benson. if he hadn't got injured it would've paid off, so i think we could do the same with jackson.
Stephen Jackson >>>>>> Cedric Benson. It aint even close. In their primes, right now, at no point was it close. Stephen Jackson now (past his prime) is still way better than Benson ever was. Too bad hes been rotting away on the Rams or people would be talking about him as one of the best backs of all time.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts anyone? It was rumoured early on but they kind of died down pretty quickly. The Colts have a few players back there but SJax would unquestionably be an upgrade over all of them. With the new OC indicating we'll be moving to a power run game it'd be a good fit.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stephen Jackson >>>>>> Cedric Benson. It aint even close. In their primes, right now, at no point was it close. Stephen Jackson now (past his prime) is still way better than Benson ever was. Too bad hes been rotting away on the Rams or people would be talking about him as one of the best backs of all time.
i never said anything different.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-10-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
If he happens to break through a hole, he gets caught from behind 100% of the time now. His legs are gone. Goal line back? sure why not
yes, he doesnt break off those big runs like he used to. I remember back in San Diego when he was the spell back for LT, he used to rip of 20+ yarders left and right. But hes still great for moving the chains and when he gets a hole and a head full of steam he can still drag defenders and pick up plenty of nice gains. But no he is not going to outrun anybody anymore. I think the right team could really use him. I could see him working out nicely for someone like the Broncos or Giants who have a pass-happy offense and some good young talent at the position but could use a veteran power back to help finish off games by moving the chains and handling short yardage situatoins.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yes, he doesnt break off those big runs like he used to. I remember back in San Diego when he was the spell back for LT, he used to rip of 20+ yarders left and right. But hes still great for moving the chains and when he gets a hole and a head full of steam he can still drag defenders and pick up plenty of nice gains. But no he is not going to outrun anybody anymore. I think the right team could really use him. I could see him working out nicely for someone like the Broncos or Giants who have a pass-happy offense and some good young talent at the position but could use a veteran power back to help finish off games by moving the chains and handling short yardage situatoins.
If you bring him in strictly for goal line carries, short yardage downs, and finishing off clock at end of game. Then I agree - he would be a good signing for a 2 year contract.

His first year in ATL - he still had that power to break through and run away. That first year he was just straight dangerous when he broke through the line

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-10-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
There's no comparison at all there...... nobody wanted Benson.

Not only is Jackson better, he's wanted.
Benson was not wanted... he waited all summer and nobody came knocking.... he finally signed with the Packers the 2nd week of August.... for the veteran minimum of 850K, with NO signing bonus.

You should know better than non-Packer fans that Teddy Ballgame will not win a bidding war for any coveted free agent, especially a RB 30 or older.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about NE as a dark horse? He can run, block and catch out of the backfield and would be an upgrade over anything they have and could play all three downs.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson to ATL would be a huge upgrade over Turner in every way. Faster, Runs harder, can play a role in the passing game.

A 2 year contract would be great.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ATL is the obvious choice. They need a starter and he has a couple more productive years. Denver would work but it McGahee and Moreno are just fine and it probably wouldn't be worth the cost/risk of adding a new back. NE doesn't need a RB. Green Bay just doesn't care enough about running the ball to add SJax. Its not a priority at all and not worth the money to sign someone with veteran pay.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
ATL is the obvious choice. They need a starter and he has a couple more productive years. Denver would work but it McGahee and Moreno are just fine and it probably wouldn't be worth the cost/risk of adding a new back. NE doesn't need a RB. Green Bay just doesn't care enough about running the ball to add SJax. Its not a priority at all and not worth the money to sign someone with veteran pay.
Has NE won a SB since Corey Dillon? In the Playoffs is where the main value would lie for them IMO. They have good depth guys but I don't think Ridley or Vreen are much more than middle of the pack guys (despite showing well at times last year. Jackson might just be the guy who gets them back to the top.

Fwiw I chose ATL as well.

Last edited by Guru : 03-11-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
Has NE won a SB since Corey Dillon? In the Playoffs is where the main value would lie for them IMO. They have good depth guys but I don't think Ridley or Vreen are much more than middle of the pack guys (despite showing well at times last year. Jackson might just be the guy who gets them back to the top.

Fwiw I chose ATL as well.
New England hasn't won the Super Bowl since Dillon had that huge year. And I think they need someone like that again for their franchise. The team depends way too much on Tom Brady.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:30 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
New England hasn't won the Super Bowl since Dillon had that huge year. And I think they need someone like that again for their franchise. The team depends way too much on Tom Brady.
Shane Vereen can be a playmaker for them. He just has to earn BB's trust first.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schefter tweeted earlier today that the Packers & Jackson had reached a deal.
Then he deleted it.

I'd like to know what would prompt that little man to actually type and tweet that, if it wasn't true.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw somebody else (can't remember who) do the same thing this morning, claiming that they had reached a verbal agreement. Also, Bob McGinn linked to an Examiner article claiming that the deal was done, then immediately deleted it.

I wonder if another team (Falcons?) came in with a sweeter deal?

Last edited by WCH : 03-13-2013 at 06:51 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I saw somebody else (can't remember who) do the same thing this morning, claiming that they had reached a verbal agreement. Also, Bob McGinn linked to an Examiner article claiming that the deal was, then immediately deleted it.

I wonder if another team (Falcons?) came in with a sweeter deal?
Usually guys of that caliber don't say something unless they've confirmed it.
I wonder what's really going on there behind the scenes....typical thrifty Packers?
I've heard Jackson is courting us more than we are courting him.
Don't fuckitup Teddy!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcon!!??

Now all they need is a pass rusher.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Green Bay had their shot - Atlanta the winner.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not disappointed about not landing Jackson so much as I'm disappointed about again missing out on the fun of Free Agency. I think Miami signed more Free Agents this week than the Packers have signed in five years.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not disappointed about not landing Jackson so much as I'm disappointed about again missing out on the fun of Free Agency. I think Miami signed more Free Agents this week than the Packers have signed in five years.
And they overpaid for all of them. I've always liked the way we do things when it comes to FA.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-14-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Bogey for Ted Thompson, like letting Jenkins go and not taking Gonzalez, who has been better every year than Finley has, as well as more professional.
Teddy's been close a few times in FA, but he holds his ground and won't budge an inch.

Good thing David Akers missed those 2 FG's in Philly in that WC game. He's a genius because of that.

Of course, everyone including Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy make plenty of bogeys, even Little Bill.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're jealous of the Dolphins? Seriously?! What have they won lately?

SuperPacker is right. Miami overpaid for all of those free agents and it's going to come back and bite them in the ass next offseason when their five headliner pickups this year account for more than $43 million under the cap. Ireland has totally screwed them down the line.

Meanwhile, the Packers will continue to do business as usual: Draft well, develop homegrown talent and look for bargains in the FA market. Oh, and they'll be in contention for the playoffs, something you won't be seeing from the 'Phins anytime soon.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is not what I wanted to hear.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote