Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-14-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Timberlake changed pop with NSYNC and his solo stuff but I'll keep this discussion from getting way too suspect.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:22 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't get enough Frank.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Justin Timberlake changed pop with NSYNC and his solo stuff but I'll keep this discussion from getting way too suspect.
IDK, maybe I've got some sort of bias against his music I'm not even aware of (perhaps because of the whole "boy band" thing), but the more I think about it, its not necessarily that I dislike his music, it's just that it usually doesn't do much for me. His music definitely bothers me less than just about anything you'll hear on pop radio (doesn't really bother me at all, his music, for me, its decent background music that I don't get too involved in) , and he does have a few songs that I find just too clever/catchy for me not to like. Either way I'm not trying to say anyone is wrong or should feel wrong about liking him, anyway, I feel that way for just about any musician, it's all a matter of taste/preference.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post

Can't get enough Frank.
I can dig some Frank, not all of his music does it for me, but some of his music (its its actually music because he's supported by actual instruments at times, which I appreciate) is really great. I appreciate a lyricists storytelling ability a lot in music, and he has that at times. Plus he's very good at setting the tone and atmosphere for his music, both in his lyrics, and by the sounds (since they're not all instruments, lol) being used to support him. His music has a progression to it, and because of that, a dynamic I appreciate. His voice live though... ehhh, he needs some work, you can tell when he records he can't just rattle songs off in a few takes, and it gets produced a little bit. Not enough to bother me, because everybody's voice gets screwed around with anymore. He's probably one of my favorite hip hop/rap guys out there right now (with Kendrick Lamar and a few other lesser known guys).

Old 03-15-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

http://philadelphia.thedelimagazine.com/

A friend of mine asked me to get as much word about this out as possible, so I'm being a good buddy here, but if you guys have free time at all would you guys mind voting for him in a poll that'd not only help him become the "Artist of the Month" through this site, but would also allow him an opportunity to be featured on the site and would allow him the opportunity to potentially win some recording equipment and time. All you have to do once you click on the link to vote is find the poll on the top right and click to vote and vote for Kwesi Kankam.

He's still like us, another starving musician, so little things like that to save money are kind of important. He's an Ohio guy who came to my area because he got a football scholarship to Lehigh, but once he got here focused more on classwork and music. If you want a reward for voting, just listen to his music, he's a great enough musician that I think he's going to end up being able to support himself playing music eventually anyway. He's a folk/Americana type singer who has big things ahead of him, he's that talented. If any of you guys like Michael Kiwanuka, you'll really like him, he has a similar voice and plays a similar style of guitar. Voting is open until the 18th, so if you like his music enough to vote multiple times and don't mind doing that, that'd be awesome. I also don't blame anyone for skipping over this post completely upon realizing its asking you to do something, lol.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Rookie

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I can dig some Frank, not all of his music does it for me, but some of his music (its its actually music because he's supported by actual instruments at times, which I appreciate) is really great. I appreciate a lyricists storytelling ability a lot in music, and he has that at times. Plus he's very good at setting the tone and atmosphere for his music, both in his lyrics, and by the sounds (since they're not all instruments, lol) being used to support him. His music has a progression to it, and because of that, a dynamic I appreciate. His voice live though... ehhh, he needs some work, you can tell when he records he can't just rattle songs off in a few takes, and it gets produced a little bit. Not enough to bother me, because everybody's voice gets screwed around with anymore. He's probably one of my favorite hip hop/rap guys out there right now (with Kendrick Lamar and a few other lesser known guys).
I can agree that Frank is a little inconsistent live but I love this performance

And yes kendrick is awesome!

Bonekrusher
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Rookie

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aaahhhh

Bonekrusher
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSquad View Post
I can agree that Frank is a little inconsistent live but I love this performance

And yes kendrick is awesome!
I enjoyed this live one as well

I've had friends who have seen Frank live (I will in due time) and raved about him. I really like the fact that he does the performance his way. He keeps it as his art form, rather than just complying to what everyone wants to hear (off his radio hits and such).

That's actually what I loved about his Grammy performance. He didn't play one of his major radio hits and he didn't even cover much of the chorus in the song. He is confident as hell in his ability as an artist. His Grammy's performance was also visually stunning. He has a great taste for the aesthetic.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is the rest of that Gary Clarke Jr show I posted a bit back. If you don't already follow KEXP on Youtube, you should. They have a kickass library of awesome artists performing live in studio, it's all great quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Last edited by A Perfect Score : 03-16-2013 at 04:36 PM.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KEXP is ******* awesome.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add me to the list of folks listening to the new JT album

...for about the 20th time.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Flaming Lips show at SXSW. It was horrible and I love the Flips.

Also, Hobbes went incommunicado on me. Which is a shame because last night was a fantastically great time.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I survived SXSW; showed up Wednesday morning and didn't buy a single drink or meal until today, despite eating way too much all week and drinking even more.

I love South By.

Also, this band:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 03-17-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I survived SXSW; showed up Wednesday morning and didn't buy a single drink or meal until today, despite eating way too much all week and drinking even more.

I love South By.

Also, this band:
How did you manage not paying for anything?!?!?

Also, wtf didn't you contact me?

Last edited by JoeJoeBrown : 03-17-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Also, that Kithkin sounds cool. Like a cooler version of Vampire Weekend.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:14 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Also, that Kithkin sounds cool. Like a cooler version of Vampire Weekend.
They remind me of Animal Collective.
Quote:
How did you manage not paying for anything?!?!?
I RSVP'd for a lot of stuff and had a SXSW wristband.
Quote:
Also, wtf didn't you contact me?
I didn't hit up hobbes either, but I likely wouldn't have had a chance because I was running around with friends the whole time. And it doesn't help that I had zero access to a computer during the week.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
They remind me of Animal Collective.

I RSVP'd for a lot of stuff and had a SXSW wristband.

I didn't hit up hobbes either, but I likely wouldn't have had a chance because I was running around with friends the whole time. And it doesn't help that I had zero access to a computer during the week.
Yeah, the friend explanation thing would have been weird: "Yeah this 20 something year old dude is someone that I chat with online on a daily basis on an NFL draft forum". My late 30's friends gaydars would have blown up.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SXSW was killer, although my phone died as JJB and were planning to meet at FLips. Aside from that setback, I got to see a ton of awesome shows, ate tons of delicious food, and just loved everything about my week in Austin. I'll likely be returning in years to come.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scored myself tickets to see Sigur Ros at the end of the month so very excited for that show.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
SXSW was killer, although my phone died as JJB and were planning to meet at FLips. Aside from that setback, I got to see a ton of awesome shows, ate tons of delicious food, and just loved everything about my week in Austin. I'll likely be returning in years to come.
Sure sure. Just diss the old man.

Austin is a great town, even with all of the dbags from New York and LA that come to town during SXSW (for some reason the majority of the people that come from those areas for the these two weeks are insanely arrogant and dbaggy).

It's crazy how huge SXSW has become. The amount of spring breakers blew my mind.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EVERY volume of the original Bruce Faulconer DBZ music
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sure sure. Just diss the old man.

Austin is a great town, even with all of the dbags from New York and LA that come to town during SXSW (for some reason the majority of the people that come from those areas for the these two weeks are insanely arrogant and dbaggy).

It's crazy how huge SXSW has become. The amount of spring breakers blew my mind.
I meant no slight JJB! All apologies.

Austin was very similar to Portland, and even Columbus in some respects, and all the locals I met (we stayed with my girlfriend's friend) were awesome folks. Most everyone else came off as extremely pretentious and irritating. All in all, a wonderful week.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
I meant no slight JJB! All apologies.

Austin was very similar to Portland, and even Columbus in some respects, and all the locals I met (we stayed with my girlfriend's friend) were awesome folks. Most everyone else came off as extremely pretentious and irritating. All in all, a wonderful week.
I'm just busting balls.

Yeah, it's why I avoid SXSW most years. I love live music, but I can get great bands almost any day of the week here.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:17 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I'm just busting balls.

Yeah, it's why I avoid SXSW most years. I love live music, but I can get great bands almost any day of the week here.
We used SideCar to get around the whole week, and it was funny when the drivers were like, "Oh, you're from Dallas. That's cool; it's those people who aren't from Texas that I can't stand."