Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-15-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
batsandgats
Rookie

batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah thats why blacks can commit multiple crimes and still be in the NFL but Matt Jones gets caught with coke once and is labeled a problem, violated parole for drinking a beer and is out of the league, despite being on pace for 1k his final year in the league, I guess there is no room for a 6'6 guy that runs a 4.37, even though they didn't utilize that speed, had him running posession receiver routes because Garrard couldn't throw deep. Not to mention the fact he never played receiver before and was still learning the position, and as you can see he was getting the hang of it his final year, which without the suspension he wouldve cracked 1k. Meanwhile Pac Man Jones is still in the league, and many other guys who have committed multiple crimes, much worse like beating their girlfriends. What did Terrel Suggs do again, I forget?

and blacks don't help out other blacks? notice how many people on espn and nfl network are black? Eric Dickerson saying that rb is "their position" and blacks stating they play harder for a black coach? Whites have no loyalty a guy if he is white, unless he is family and stab each other in the back constantly.

yeah there is no white on white discrimination except for the fact I see it every year in football and basketball. Keep living in that bubble of yours.

yeah good job at defending your argument with one examples full of holes by calling me an idiot and telling me to get out of your face, I guess its too much for you.....even though Im not in your face, I am on the internet. You had an opinion and I stated mine. I am not the only one, there are man others that realize the discrimination that exists in sports. And I am supposedly the idiot for realizing that people can discriminate against people of the same race, yeah that doesn't exist at all.

and I would love to know where all these white people are that are so willing to help out other whites because I'm struggling pretty bad with money (you know the crappy economy and everything and teacher/coaches don't make that much) and got two mouths to feed, can you direct me to them?

Last edited by batsandgats : 03-15-2013 at 10:28 PM.
batsandgats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. This thread. WTF happened???
Like a street fight between the Black Panthers and the KKK.

Oh, and European Jews are White. You don't have to be a WASP to be White, and the religion you practice doesn't determine your race/ethnicity.

The NFL is the closest thing we have to a pure meritocracy in American society. Yeah White skill position players have a higher hurdle to clear than Blacks, but it's not like it's impossible.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FUNBUNCHER again."

Yeah, this thread really went downhill fast.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:49 AM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bro, life is just trying to hold the white man down. How do you not see that? /s

It just doesn't mesh with reality. In a business where people are desperate for any advantage there isn't room for racism when your job is constantly on the line. You have to reach to find examples while the majority of the counter argument is everything else in the sport. Acting like other people are idiots doesn't make your smarter than them.

I think the read option is a fad anyways. If your QB is an effective passer the additional hits aren't worth it. The equivalent of a QB getting hit on a option isn't getting hit on a pass instead. It would be just standing there after the hand off on a running play. A QB not running is always safer than him running.

Read option plays have a place currently in the NFL. It helps young QBs who aren't advanced passers yet to make defenses have to worry and adjust to the offense. It forces the defense to account and simplify so they can react quicker. Hopefully the QB will develop and they run less and less. If Peyton Manning could run like Vick, he still wouldn't do it often. Its not worth the injury risk.

I disagree that Ponder couldn't do some read option stuff. I think he is near Wilson, but I don't think either are particularly well suited to run in the NFL. Both will be pocket passers to be successful. They could occasionally do it but aren't special runners.

Griffin, Newton and Kaepernick are all a clear cut above in athleticism and running ability. They all ran a ton in college and they have a better feel for it. Newton doesn't have the raw explosion and speed, but he is a tank and know how to wiggle. He can power through arm tackles with ease.

Last edited by G Mobile : 03-16-2013 at 04:55 AM. Reason: 6oadxq
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:14 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsandgats View Post
yeah thats why blacks can commit multiple crimes and still be in the NFL but Matt Jones gets caught with coke once and is labeled a problem, violated parole for drinking a beer and is out of the league, despite being on pace for 1k his final year in the league, I guess there is no room for a 6'6 guy that runs a 4.37, even though they didn't utilize that speed, had him running posession receiver routes because Garrard couldn't throw deep. Not to mention the fact he never played receiver before and was still learning the position, and as you can see he was getting the hang of it his final year, which without the suspension he wouldve cracked 1k. Meanwhile Pac Man Jones is still in the league, and many other guys who have committed multiple crimes, much worse like beating their girlfriends. What did Terrel Suggs do again, I forget?

and blacks don't help out other blacks? notice how many people on espn and nfl network are black? Eric Dickerson saying that rb is "their position" and blacks stating they play harder for a black coach? Whites have no loyalty a guy if he is white, unless he is family and stab each other in the back constantly.

yeah there is no white on white discrimination except for the fact I see it every year in football and basketball. Keep living in that bubble of yours.

yeah good job at defending your argument with one examples full of holes by calling me an idiot and telling me to get out of your face, I guess its too much for you.....even though Im not in your face, I am on the internet. You had an opinion and I stated mine. I am not the only one, there are man others that realize the discrimination that exists in sports. And I am supposedly the idiot for realizing that people can discriminate against people of the same race, yeah that doesn't exist at all.

and I would love to know where all these white people are that are so willing to help out other whites because I'm struggling pretty bad with money (you know the crappy economy and everything and teacher/coaches don't make that much) and got two mouths to feed, can you direct me to them?
When did NFLDC turn into Caste Football?
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
Bro, life is just trying to hold the white man down. How do you not see that?

It just doesn't mesh with reality. In a business where people are desperate for any advantage there isn't room for racism when your job is constantly on the line. You have to reach to find examples while the majority of the counter argument is everything else in the sport. Acting like other people are idiots doesn't make your smarter than them.
Whew. I probably should have cut this off before giving him an outlet to express his insanity. Oh, the persecution of the white athlete in America. He's probably writing ESPN to get them to do a 30/30 special. Well, now that he has gone full fledged racism, I'll let him have the stage. Let me end this the proper way.

Hey "batsingats" I apologize for pointing out that white men aren't very good at positions like running back and corner back. What was I thinking? I mean, Sehorn, Woodhead, Hillis, the list is endless!! Oh, and now that you've helped me clear my head, you are correct about Rex Burkhead. I expect Pro Bowls. I'm going to go ahead and pre-order my jersey on draft day. I am even going to consider changing my handle. Who cares if Black Bolt is a white Marvel Comics character who lives on the moon, I understand it makes you uncomfortable and the last thing I want to do is offend a revolutionary such as yourself. "batsingats" is so much more acceptable to the mainstream. Oh, and you are right, Kevin Love is amazing! I mean when I think of the amazing athletes of the NBA, I automatically picture Lebron, Wade, Griffin and Love walking in the air, saying no to gravity. And as soon as we create a rule that forces teams with athletic QBs to at least consider the read option, we'll seen Christian Ponder and Jake Locker take the NFL by storm! You know, that good old boy read option network is as strong as Teflon. As a credit to you, I say we call it the "Loony Rule." Thanks for your enlightenment on this day.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-16-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
batsandgats
Rookie

batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post

Hey "batsingats" I apologize for pointing out that white men aren't very good at positions like running back and corner back.
I am glad you admitted you are racist. Yeah whites just stopped being able to run the ball after 1985, even though there were a bunch of good ones and great ones up until that point, well after the league was integrated, and I guess they forgot how to play corner as well. I mean who can keep up with these guys who get burnt on the regular basis now in the NFL? when more prospects ran over 4.66 last year than ones that ran under 4.5, yet I am supposed to believe only one or two white corners can hang at the college level? sure.

as for my username, its a reference from a band I liked in the late 90's, early 2000's. Yeah that is totally unacceptable....

btw, Love has the same exact vertical as Griffin, well maybe like .5 difference if I recall correctly, Love jumped 35 and Griffin 35 1/2, yeah that must be a big difference. It must kill you to think that whites can actually play football and just aren't getting the opportunity and you seem desperate to keep it that way. Apparently it doesn't matter what the kid does in college, what measurables he puts up etc, he just doesn't pass the "eye test" for you. Like I said good white corners are converted to safety, most in the college level. Eric Weddle was converted to safety in the NFL, despite having the size and speed of a corner and shutting down Calvin Johnson in their bowl game. I guess he doesn't have that magical hip swivel. Hillis when healthy has shown he can be a great back, 6th in the league for yards from scrimmage the year he started and was averaging 5 ypc in Denver and put up 120+ yards on the number 1 ranked rush defense at the time, getting better each game. Woodhead has never gotten the chance to be a featured runner, or even split carries, yet he did get 1k from scrimmage in 2010 and averaged 5.6 ypc (he didn't even play the first couple of games so I'm including the playoff game against the Jets). Gerhart is stuck behind Adrian Peterson and has shown he can be a featured back by his play when Peterson went down. If they don't get the opportunities then how are they supposed to show their talent. Brock Forsey ran for 100 yards because of injuries to other backs and Lovie Smith said "who is that the waterboy?" and he was let go. Pretty much every time a white has gotten a chance to run the ball, they have done well.

but what was I thinking, theres no way whites can hang with the likes of benjarvus green-ellis, Shonn Greene, Alfred Morris, Cedric Benson, Stevan Ridley, Ahmad Bradshaw, Vick Ballard, Jonathan Dwyer, Pierre Thomas, Beanie Wells, Michael Bush, LeGarrete Blount, Donald Brown, Brandon Jacobs. Even though there are plenty of whites with similar skillsets, usually bulked up in college to play fullback. Jacob Hester was much better than Stevan Ridley in college, but I guess leading his team to a national championship doesn't count, and running faster than Blount, Dwyer, Greene, Benjarvus Green Ellis, Pierre Thomas etc. Even though his 10 yard split was 1.5, the same as Darren McFadden. I mean Heath Evans was used at tailback and put up 100 yards from scrimmage, as a bulked up fullback, yeah Im sure he couldn't have kept doing that. All of those guys have amazing skillsets like Shonn Greene with his 3 runs over 30 yards in 822 attempts, none over 40, not to mention most of those guys can't catch out of the backfield or pass block. Why do you think they had Woodhead on 3rd downs? cuz he could pass protect better than the bigger Stevan Ridley, and catch better as well.

Yeah the NFL is a business, but they still are making a tremendous profit regardless if they overlook some talented players. Why do crappy teams continue to suck when they keep drafting the top 10 players who were so highly touted coming out of high school? The Texans, the Patriots and Broncos are some of the top teams in the NFL and they don't discriminate as badly as other teams. Coincidence? The Texans don't even have an elite qb and did fine with TJ Yates. Before the Broncos it was the Colts, who were pretty much similar to what the Broncos look like right now. Not saying other teams suck, there are good majority black teams like the Steelers, although they did have a few whites on defense a while back and seem to be going downhill lately, its just that 12 percent is a small talent pool to select from and if you keep an open mind about things and add a little diversity then you are probably going to have more talent to select from and I am not just talking about whites, I am talking about all the others as well, like Samoans. Teo is said to be slow at 4.8 but Spikes ran a 5 second 40. Teo showed he has sideline to sideline coverage ability.

"When did NFLDC turn into Caste Football?" I don't need to go to some offensive racist website to realize there is discrimination in sports. I checked it out and my views are not offensive like some of the posters on that site.

back to the conversation, I see no reason why Ponder couldn't run the read option 10 to 15 times a game and there are several people who agree with me on that

Last edited by batsandgats : 03-16-2013 at 12:56 PM.
batsandgats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blake Griffin, Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick, all of them supreme athletes, are also biracial.

So I'm going to split the baby and give each of you half.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Blake Griffin, Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick, all of them supreme athletes, are also biracial.

So I'm going to split the baby and give each of you half.
Courtland Finnegan, Jimmy Graham, etc. LOL, me and a friend touched on this a while ago. A super race is being born!
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote