Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-16-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Halfrican88
Rookie

Halfrican88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Undersized OLBs: Arthur Brown vs Khaseem Greene

Both are undersized and looked at as second rounders. Hoping my Bears take a look at either in the second round. Who would you grab and why?
Halfrican88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arthur Brown, he's the best linebacker in the class
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are both 240lbs and a shade under 6'1" so I don't see how they are undersized?

They are both great players and will start as rookies because of the energy and intensity they play with.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have become a closet Rutgers fan that last few years, so I really like Khaseem Greene. But since the combine, I've been watching a lot of both players and Brown is easily a better, more versatile player.

FWIW, I'd probably also take Sio Moore over Greene too due to his added pass rush ability. That's not to say Greene is not a really good LB. If you're looking for a WLB, I think Greene is your guy. IF you're the Bears and you need a SAM LB that can maybe eventually take over in the middle, then Brown's your guy. Moore will never play the middle, but he'd be a 4-3 SLB that can cover TEs and blitz with the best of them.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Halfrican88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Arthur Brown, he's the best linebacker in the class
Jarvis Jones? Mingo?
Old 03-16-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfrican88 View Post
Jarvis Jones? Mingo?
When speaking about best LB in the class I was speaking of 4-3 guys, I don't think either of those will play 4-3 LBer.

If I was looking for a 4-3 LBer, regardless of position, he's the best one.

If I was looking for a 3-4 ILB he'd be the best. If I wanted a 3-4 OLB, then it'd likely be Mingo or Dion Jordan
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they're both the top playmakers at LB in this class. Arthur Brown might be more athletic, but Greene just knows where to be. If I were a team, I would be perfectly fine with either.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They aren't undersized.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Halfrican88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle472 View Post
They aren't undersized.
How isn't Brown undersized? Listed at 231 during the year, I'm guessing he played even lower than that. Watch tape. He looks small. Which normally wouldn't be a problem if he didn't appear to get engulfed in plays up the middle. Sideline-to-sideline he's a stud. But I don't get how he's so high right now. I just don't see him being able to sift through the trash in the middle and make plays at the NFL level.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfrican88 View Post
How isn't Brown undersized? Listed at 231 during the year, I'm guessing he played even lower than that. Watch tape. He looks small. Which normally wouldn't be a problem if he didn't appear to get engulfed in plays up the middle. Sideline-to-sideline he's a stud. But I don't get how he's so high right now. I just don't see him being able to sift through the trash in the middle and make plays at the NFL level.
He weighs as much as Te'o, Minter, and Ogletree now.

Get with the ancient news, guy.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Halfrican88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle472 View Post
They aren't undersized.

As far as Greene, like with Brown, I don't necessarily look at the tangible numbers; rather how they look on film. Green, a converted safety looked smaller than the 230 that he was listed at all year. Not saying it affected him, as I think he is a terrific pro prospect. Just saying, according to the eye test, he looked smallish.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Halfrican88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
He weighs as much as Te'o, Minter, and Ogletree now.

Get with the ancient news, guy.
Haha, I know your smart enough to look past combine numbers. And the fact that prospects gain (Brown) and lose (Te'o) weight every year in an attempt to woo scouts. So what does that leave us with? Their playing weight during the year.

Anyway, that's besides my point. I'd be willing to here a convincing argument on why brown should be taken at the end of the first round.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:58 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown. Not really a contest for me. He's more athletic, better in traffic, better tackler. I see Greene as more of a second or third rounder, clumped in with a few other guys I like (DeVonte Holloman anyone?)