Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-17-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those of you who haven't seen, here is the team after working on the Mock Forum Offseason:

2013 Tennessee Titans

QB: Jake Locker, Matt Moore, Ryan Nassib
RB: Chris Johnson, Shonn Greene, Joseph Randle
FB: Greg Jones
WR: Kenny Britt, Michael Preston
WR: Miles Austin, Chris Harper
WR: Kendall Wright, Damian Williams, Marc Mariani
TE: Jared Cook, Craig Stevens, Taylor Thompson
LT: Michael Roos
LG: Steve Hutchinson, Kyle Long
C: Fernando Velasco, Kevin Matthews
RG: Harvey Dahl, Eben Britton
RT: David Stewart

LE: Derrick Morgan, Brandon Jenkins
DT: Glenn Dorsey , Sheldon Richardson
DT: Jurrell Casey, Mike Martin
RE: Kamerion Wimbley, Osi Umenyiora, LaVar Edwards
SLB: Akeem Ayers, Kenny Cain
MLB: Colin McCarthy, Zac Diles, Will Compton
WLB: Zach Brown, Kenny Tate
CB: Jason McCourty
FS: Michael Griffin, Robert Johnson
SS: Eric Reid, Jamarca Sanford, Markelle Martin
CB: Chris Gamble, Tommie Campbell
NB: Alterraun Verner, Coty Sensabaugh

RS: Marc Mariani

K: Rob Bironas
P: Brett Kern

Draft:
1) DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
2) SS Eric Reid, LSU
3) OL Kyle Long, Oregon
3) DE Brandon Jenkins, FSU
4) QB Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
4) WR Chris Harper, Kansas State
4) RB Joseph Randle, Oklahoma State
5) LB Kenny Cain, TCU
7) LB Kenny Tate, Maryland
7) DE LaVar Edwards, LSU
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that draft has as much win as humanly possible :)

I hope Jenkins is healthy and able to work out at the Pro Day, Tuesday I think.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I think it turned out fantastic. Brandon Jenkins is still recovering, but did position drills at the combine so that was a plus. He should be able to work out before the draft, whether at FSU's pro day or holding his own
Old 03-17-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
3) OL Kyle Long, Oregon
Didn't watch this guy till tonight. Watched him play LT and LG at the Sr Bowl. He impressed me more than I thought he would. I see some places are saying 2nd round, and I think I see it. He'd be a heckuva athletic G, kinda like Jacob Bell but more upside. And he looks like he can play outside if we needed him to. He looks like he's got solid anchor and drive blocking abilities too. He's raw after not having many starts in college, and I think you see it sometimes.

I wonder what the Titans think of him vs a guy like Warford? Warford is hard to beat for anchoring and mauling in this class, but his feet are a weakness. Otoh, he looks very sound technically.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Didn't watch this guy till tonight. Watched him play LT and LG at the Sr Bowl. He impressed me more than I thought he would. I see some places are saying 2nd round, and I think I see it. He'd be a heckuva athletic G, kinda like Jacob Bell but more upside. And he looks like he can play outside if we needed him to. He looks like he's got solid anchor and drive blocking abilities too. He's raw after not having many starts in college, and I think you see it sometimes.

I wonder what the Titans think of him vs a guy like Warford? Warford is hard to beat for anchoring and mauling in this class, but his feet are a weakness. Otoh, he looks very sound technically.
I think someone will likely fall in love with Long and want him for his potential, sometime in the in the early to mid 2nd round. He could really turn out to be a Brandon Albert type who didn't play OT in D-1 yet plays there in the NFL. He's got the tenacity of a Guard / Right Tackle, but the movement of a left tackle. He definitely needs coached up to play either tackle position though. I think Brian Winters is a very similar player to Long, but he's probably strictly a Guard or RT in the NFL

The reason I grabbed him in our mock over a true Guard is because he had great value and in this scenario, he would be groomed to be the primary position at both tackles, and also both Guard positions. He seems like a guy that Munch and Matthews would love to have, and we are going to have to look to the future at OT sometime. Roos and Stewart could possibly be FAs after the 2013 season, they have a voidable year (not sure if the Titans have the choice to void or the players) and they're both over 30. Still a great tandem, but for how much longer?

It looks like we are really focusing this offseason on being a better run blocking team, so I would think we would grade out Warford a little higher than Long if versatility was not factored in, although Warford was the backup Center and has experience snapping if he was needed to.

Warford is surprising on his feet for a guy his size, he's not quite the athlete that Will Shields was, but I'd compare him to a Will Shields / Larry Allen mix.
I don't think his feet are bad by any means, he's just not a Davin Joseph, Jonathan Cooper type. But if you go to youtube and watch the Georgia film, go to 1:54 and watch that play, he can move when asked.

I think Warford is really underrated because he played on a bad team. I watched him verses Florida, Missouri and Georgia and came away impressed every time. He pulled a lot more than I thought he would at his size, He's an elite guard prospect.

I come away far less impressed with Chance Warmack, and I know everyone else "sees" it, but I don't. If I had to take a Guard at #10, I'd take Warford. Warmack scares me. I've watched the guy unable to anchor in pass protection against guys like Sam Montgomery (6'3" 262), and when watching him it seemed like his main job was to help the LT in pass protection. He was hardly 1 on 1 in pass protection, they left Barrett Jones alone to handle the DT lined up over Warmack. The guy has to repeatedly be pumped with IVs due to an excessive sweating problem, and he reportedly has intelligence issues where according to Mayock. He does seem a little more explosive in the run game though
Old 03-18-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Titans have expressed interest in Ryan Fitzpatrick. this would be a solid move if he comes at a backup price and he'd be an upgrade over Hasselbeck at this point
Old 03-18-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Hass as a backup/mentor to Locker, but if Hass wants too much money to stay then Fitzpatrick is an excellent option. I think a good backup should be pretty important considering Locker's injury concerns thus far.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I like Hass and a mentor, but his arm is shot. Fitz would be a pretty good backup QB, and should come about half the cost of Hass
Old 03-18-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just cut Matthew.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Greats news!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad to see Matt go from a human standpoint. He seemed like a great guy and was a class act. From a business standpoint it makes a lot of sense. Wonder if this means Fitzpatrick will be a Titan soon.

Could there be another move we are looking at with the money saved? Dumervil perhaps...?
Old 03-18-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good guy, but he's done and it was clear as day.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now it should be Eugene and Jordan's turn.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Now it should be Eugene and Jordan's turn.
Babs was already cut. I'm terrified that Amano might stick around around as a swing guy on the line. Yes, he can play multiple positions and suck dick at all of them.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Whoa, when was Babs cut? Not sure how I missed that one.

Well, in any case, Rusty can step up into the on-deck circle then.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Babs was one of the first to go. Amano better be next
Old 03-18-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Wonder if this means Fitzpatrick will be a Titan soon.

Could there be another move we are looking at with the money saved? Dumervil perhaps...?
I think we're looking mainly at Fitz, but we could do worse than Kevin Kolb or Jason Campbell also.

As for Dumervil, I think it depends on the money. It wouldn't surprise me to see us hang back and grab 4-5 more guys at bargains
Old 03-18-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Babs was one of the first to go. Amano better be next
Brandon Moore better be signed directly beforehand!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Well we've certainly opened up our options now. I like it though, a bad team needs to shake things up in the offseason. Not like there's a big chance we'll get worse...eh hope I didn't just jinx anything.

Mighty, who do you like better between Warmack and Cooper? In a way it's kinda like Long vs Warford, athleticism vs power. At this point I hope we don't take either of the guys at 10, but maybe the Titans are gonna consider it an option with all the shuffling they have been doing.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

We officially received comp. picks for rounds 3, 6, and 7.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
We officially received comp. picks for rounds 3, 6, and 7.
Great news to hear we got a 3 for Finny. That extra 3 will certainly come in handy.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Just signed Fitzmagic also.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

If Fitz came cheap I liked the deal. Should be a good backup guy. Hope we didn't overpay though.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

not to shabby for the ol tits
Old 03-18-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

I like Hass a bit more than Fitzpatrick, but Hass may be getting way too passed him prime. Maybe it was worth it to save some cash to be used elsewhere. If Jake is not the answer, that's our concern.

I was hoping for a 5th instead of a 6th for Jason Jones, but we still got plenty of picks. We have some flexibility there.