Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-17-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
domingo
Rookie

domingo is a cocksman.domingo is a cocksman.domingo is a cocksman.domingo is a cocksman.domingo is a cocksman.

Kevin Greene.
domingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Howie Long

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, outside of EVERY ******* WHITE DEFENSIVE END, who does Bjoern Werner really compare favorably to in a 4-3 and maybe in a 3-4?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought I read somewhere Werner has to develop more then 1 move or 2.. Kamerion Wimbley???????? All though I remember Wimbley was really fast (don't know if he still is).

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie WHITE
Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's really a lot like Jabaal Sheard.

Both pretty muscular guys who aren't real fast, but have great quickness and power. Both play at a pretty high intensity level. I'm not very high on Bjoern Werner, but that just means I wouldn't take him at the top of the first. I think he'll be a good player, like Sheard.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 03-17-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did he look like in LB drills? COD, agility, hips?

That might play into it.

But realistically a 3-4 team wouldn't pass on him. A lot of 3-4 ROLBs blitz like 80% of the time. They are basically DEs in a two-point stance is all.

I don't like Werner though. But I didn't like RYAN KERRIGAN either.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
What did he look like in LB drills? COD, agility, hips?

That might play into it.

But realistically a 3-4 team wouldn't pass on him. A lot of 3-4 ROLBs blitz like 80% of the time. They are basically DEs in a two-point stance is all.

I don't like Werner though. But I didn't like RYAN KERRIGAN either.
I haven't read anything about how he looked any LB drills.

And your point on ROLB's is why I think he could be a good 3-4 ROLB.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-17-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Howie Long
Oh HELL no. Not close.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
I thought I read somewhere Werner has to develop more then 1 move or 2.. Kamerion Wimbley???????? All though I remember Wimbley was really fast (don't know if he still is).
Ha ha, Wimbley has the shoulder dip and that it.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
So, outside of EVERY ******* WHITE DEFENSIVE END, who does Bjoern Werner really compare favorably to in a 4-3 and maybe in a 3-4?
He's a better 4-3 DE than he is an OLB IMO.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Okay. Why?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-17-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think so, too.

Quote:
Okay. Why?
He's not fast. He doesn't really run people down, and he'd be a liability in coverage. A 3-4 OLB needs to be a little more athletic than Werner. Werner's got great quickness, but it's short-area quickness. I'm very skeptical that he can cover NFL tight ends regularly. I think his best fit is where he's playing, at 4-3 LE. He's strong at the point of attack and gets after the passer, but as an effort player I'm thinking I want him to start closer to where I want him to finish, with his hand on the ground, ready and up close to the tackle to take fullest advantage of a sudden first step.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bust in the making.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I think so, too.

He's not fast. He doesn't really run people down, and he'd be a liability in coverage. A 3-4 OLB needs to be a little more athletic than Werner. Werner's got great quickness, but it's short-area quickness. I'm very skeptical that he can cover NFL tight ends regularly. I think his best fit is where he's playing, at 4-3 LE. He's strong at the point of attack and gets after the passer, but as an effort player I'm thinking I want him to start closer to where I want him to finish, with his hand on the ground, ready and up close to the tackle to take fullest advantage of a sudden first step.
If he's a 3-4 ROLB, why would he need to cover TE's regularly? That position blitzes/rushes the passer more often than it doesn't. You would have to be a piss-poor defensive coordinator if you're asking him to cover TE's regularly.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-17-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Bust in the making.
You'll regret that.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
You'll regret that.
Nope. Tank Carradine will be better. He was better coming off the RDE side. Werner didn't do much against better competition. Too me at best he s Michael Bennett at the next level. Good against the run. Solid pass rusher to compliment at LDE.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:52 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If he's a 3-4 ROLB, why would he need to cover TE's regularly? That position blitzes/rushes the passer more often than it doesn't. You would have to be a piss-poor defensive coordinator if you're asking him to cover TE's regularly.
Yeah, you're right. I guess I just mean if he's going to be 3-4 OLB, he's basically going to be playing like a 4-3 end.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:56 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reminds me of Grant Wistrom

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Reminds me of Grant Wistrom
LMFAO!! And similarly, he may be draft too high just like good ole Grant. I remember me and my little brother saying "What's so special about Wistrom that he is a lock for the top ten again?"
Old 03-18-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not regularly, but he will have to do it at times. He's also have to track down running backs, cover the flat and other duties that require him to play in space. IMO, he'd be better as a DE. He has somewhat of a knack when it comes to batting down passes.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this is going to keep going with the white stereotypes, but he really does remind me of a less athletic, but more explosive Ryan Kerrigan.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

With all this talk of tough, gritty white DEs, how about a list of truly athletic white DEs that bring more to the table than just the stereotypical intangibles? This is all in good fun.

5. Mike Vrabel- Great quickness, LONG arms, 11 career INTs and 10 receptions!

4. Trace Armstrong- Truly elite first step, over 100 sacks and had 24 inch pythons!! Was always in perpetual motion.

3. Howie Long- Played all defensive line positions at a high level, unrelenting motor, 98 sacks when counting the unofficial sacks from his rookie year. Great genes, look how athletic his sons are!

2. Kevin Green- 160 sacks pretty much says it all.

1. J.J. Watt- An absolute monster with incredible body size and hand size to go along with tremendous strength and athleticism.

Honorable Mentions:

Patrick Kerney, Mark Gastineau

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-18-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With all this talk of tough, gritty white DEs, how about a list of truly athletic white DEs that bring more to the table than just the stereotypical intangibles? This is all in good fun.

5. Mike Vrabel- Great quickness, LONG arms, 11 career INTs and 10 receptions!

4. Trace Armstrong- Truly elite first step, over 100 sacks and had 24 inch pythons!! Was always in perpetual motion.

3. Howie Long- Played all defensive line positions at a high level, unrelenting motor, 98 sacks when counting the unofficial sacks from his rookie year. Great genes, look how athletic his sons are!

2. Kevin Green- 160 pretty much says it all.

1. J.J. Watt- An absolute monster with incredible body size and hand size to go along with tremendous strength and athleticism.
Mike Vrabel over Aaron Schobel???

Pssshh 78 sacks in 10 seasons.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Mike Vrabel over Aaron Schobel???

Pssshh 78 sacks in 10 seasons.
That's a lot. I didn't go completely by sacks and I must admit, my memory of Schobel is a bit foggy. I get him and about 8 other "hard working" white DEs mixed up. But Vrabel absolutely has to be here. He really was a great athlete who's movement on the field was fluid. It's amazing that Pittsburg couldn't figure out how to use him!

Speaking of grit and determination, have these terms EVER been use to describe a brother in the history of the NFL?? I mean, take a random good pass rusher like Trent Cole. Yeah, he is explosive, strong, quick and undersized, but damn, can't he be determined and gritty as well??

Damn, I just read Schobel had a 38 inch vertical. Maybe he is a 5b on the list.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-18-2013 at 03:26 PM.