Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-17-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2014: AJ McCarron: 1st round pick

The more I watched AJ McCarron last year and continue to watch him, the more I see 1st round potential and Starting QB in the nfl future.

McCarron is listed at 6'4 212 pounds. There is room to add some bulk there.

What I like about him is he's got excelent poise, intangibles, and great decision maker. Leader on the field and knows how to win. Has the clutch factor and has ice in his veins. He's very accurate with very good mechanics and has a good arm to make all the throws at the next level.

He's going to get the wrap and label due to past Alabama Qbs such as Jon Parker Wilson and Greg McElroy. But he's nothing like the other 2. He's going to be a starter at the next level.

My pro comparison to AJ McCarron is Matt Ryan.

thoughts? Opinions.?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mccarron would have fought to be picked over Geno in this draft. I like him a lot. He does need to add to his frame though.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
McCarron is listed at 6'4 212 pounds. There is room to add some bulk there.
LOL!!!!!!!!!! He's never going to have the quarterback build like a guy like Andrew Luck, Ben Roethlisberger, etc.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!! He's never going to have the quarterback build like a guy like Andrew Luck, Ben Roethlisberger, etc.
Neither does Tom Brady nor Matt Ryan. What does build have to do with instincts.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like him as well. Really, whether they're a 1st rounder or not just depends on the need and how many of those guys come out. It could be a stacked class next year, so we'll see. But I do think he's 1st round talent, and if he can produce again at Alabama, especially with the re-tooled line, I think he'll definitely be in the conversation.

We'll see if he has the right head on his shoulders in this next year. That's really the only thing of concern I can see. On a related note, I saw his girlfriend is on this "celebrity" diving competition.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put on the Texas A&M tape then you will think different. McCarron had the advantage of playing behind one of the best OL the last couple years and had a strong running game and defense to lean on. McCarron to me looks like another average QB surrounded by elite talent.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem evaluating AJ McCarron is he played under ideal circumstances at Alabama. He rarely faced adversity where he had to put the team on his shoulders and really play at an elite level for Alabama to win.

He's an efficient QB and can make plays downfield, seems like he's got a good enough arm.
He probably ends up being graded a first round prospect by many teams, but I don't see elite qualities in his game.

Saban doesn't ask a lot from his QBs, other than to not turn the ball over and make the throw when it's there.

I will say this, Wisconsin and Alabama philosophically are very similar on offense, and McCarron's 2012 season was nearly identical to Russell Wilson's in 2011.

McCarron had a HUGE jump in production from 2011 to 2012. When you're completing over 70% of your passes in a non spread offense with 30 TDs and only 3 INTs, you're being more than efficient.
That's playing the game of quarterback at an elite level.

So yeah I just contradicted myself in the same post.lol

I'm willing to let McCarron grow on me if he has a similar season in 2013.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he came come back next year after all the outside distractions and being hyped up as a future big time QB - and put up similar numbers to this past season. I'll be sold on him as a NFL 1st rnd elite QB.

I would like to see him add some bulk to his frame as noted above.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:41 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He also played what amounts to the second half of the season through very painful and significant injury to his ribs. He hurt his ribs against Miss. St. and sat out the 4th quarter.... couldn't throw very much at all during the week for the remainder of the season.

Tough kid who excels at game management (an underrated skill) and throws a magnificent deep ball.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCarron has some solid tools to work with, but I don't think his arm strength is up to par for a 1st round caliber quarterback. The boundary, 2nd level throws are his weakness, at least translating to the next level.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's the ideal backup QB or if you are the Bengals, your starter.

He's really smart and plays well in the system, but lacks the transcendent athletic ability to be a starter in the NFL for 16 games. As far as "arm talent" goes, he's around an Andy Dalton level.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post

Tough kid who excels at game management (an underrated skill) and throws a magnificent deep ball.

That is funny because if you google game manager AJ Mcarron pictures come up.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see it. Doesn't have a huge arm, but is smart and very accurate with solid footwork. This in turn leads to very few interceptions and turnovers.

Doesn't hurt him that he has all the talent around him in the world, and while I think that does benefit him a great deal, he will showcase his true talent this upcoming season.

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would a team take a career backup in the first round?
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
That is funny because if you google game manager AJ Mcarron pictures come up.
If you google A.J. McCarron, girlfriend, tattoo, mom, and championships come up.

There's a lot kids that come out with bazooka arms and uber athletic ability that suck because they can never incorporate the art of game management into their repertoire.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would wanna see him behind a line that isn't what Alabama's was playing with a running game that wasn't what Alabama had (and their WRs aren't bad either) before I take the guy to be anything more than a backup. He was riding that wave of talent the last two years, I wanna see him be 'The man" that makes that offense go. He has adequate physical tools and production, I wanna see him light up the senior bowl before I'm convinced he's a 1st rounder.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks like another Alex Smith to me.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Neither does Tom Brady nor Matt Ryan. What does build have to do with instincts.
So because he MIGHT one day develop into Tom Brady the pro who was picked in the 6th round as a prospect, he should be pick in the first round? Does not work like that. A.J. will have everything to prove on the NFL level.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-18-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people have this default opinion if a QB is discussed as a potential first round pick, it means he's taken top 5-10. First rounder is any pick before the first selection in the 2nd round.

I think McCarron's arm is better than average, easily up to NFL standard.

I don't know everyone who's coming out in 2014, but I don't automatically look at McCarron and think he can't start in the NFL.

What were most people saying about Russell Wilson's NFL prospects this time last year??

Yes McCarron played on a powerhouse Alabama football team the last two seasons, but he still does a lot of things right as a QB. His game from the neck up is more than solid.

McCarron IMO looks better as a possible starter than what more than a few NFL teams have penciled in for 2013.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I think people have this default opinion if a QB is discussed as a potential first round pick, it means he's taken top 5-10. First rounder is any pick before the first selection in the 2nd round.

I think McCarron's arm is better than average, easily up to NFL standard.

I don't know everyone who's coming out in 2014, but I don't automatically look at McCarron and think he can't start in the NFL.

What were most people saying about Russell Wilson's NFL prospects this time last year??

Yes McCarron played on a powerhouse Alabama football team the last two seasons, but he still does a lot of things right as a QB. His game from the neck up is more than solid.

McCarron IMO looks better as a possible starter than what more than a few NFL teams have penciled in for 2013.
I think Wilson is a bad comparison. People liked virtually everything about Wilson save for his height. McCarron is accurate, savy and has a good feel for the position, but he doesn't have anywhere near ideal arm strength IMO. Rarely do you see him attempt to rip it. He doesn't appear to be particularly durable and he doesn't have wheels which is not a knock, but also not a bonus. If he has a great year next year, I still don't think he rates as a first rounder or will be drafted in the first round; however, I do believe he could become a starter one day.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-18-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody really talked about Wilson as a prospect because his height was an automatic disqualifier for people. I tried to discuss him as a prospect once in terms of his arm and offense where should he get drafted, but people couldn't get past his height to talk about the rest of him.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why people have an issue with his arm strength. It's really not that bad at all. He made some great throws deep downfield to Cooper. Sure, he doesn't have a gun, but that's also something he can improve. It's much easier trying to improve your arm strength (as long as you do it right and don't just focus on bulking up, a la Brady Quinn) than it is accuracy. He might not be a Day 1 starter, but he has the qualities to very easily make him a franchise QB.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not gonna knock him for lack of 'bulk' on his frame because an NFL offseason could put 10 lbs of muscle on him. If he duplicates last year and shows no signs of regressing then there's no reason he shouldn't be graded as a first rounder.

Chose my words carefully there because you're going to have to (potentially) stack McCarron up against Manziel, Bridgewater, Boyd, and maybe even Fales. Logan Thomas was unimpressive last year but he's back at school as well.

2014 draft class is stacked.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I don't see why people have an issue with his arm strength. It's really not that bad at all. He made some great throws deep downfield to Cooper. Sure, he doesn't have a gun, but that's also something he can improve. It's much easier trying to improve your arm strength (as long as you do it right and don't just focus on bulking up, a la Brady Quinn) than it is accuracy. He might not be a Day 1 starter, but he has the qualities to very easily make him a franchise QB.
Throwing deep is not a great indicator of arms strength IMO. Lots of NFL caliber QBs can throw the ball far. Throwing an deep out out or a skinny post on a rope is a better indicator. Even when it comes to throwing the deep ball, does it fire off and drop in on the target with a tight spiral, or does it hang up there sort of wobble to the ground. Joe Flacco and Kam Newton have great deep balls. Kaepernick can rip off frozen ropes. Luck doesn't have elite arm strength, but he is physically rugged, fearless, unflappable, mobile, and a great decision maker. McCarron doesn't have any elite qualities and therefore is not a first round QB.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I would wanna see him behind a line that isn't what Alabama's was playing with a running game that wasn't what Alabama had (and their WRs aren't bad either) before I take the guy to be anything more than a backup. He was riding that wave of talent the last two years, I wanna see him be 'The man" that makes that offense go. He has adequate physical tools and production, I wanna see him light up the senior bowl before I'm convinced he's a 1st rounder.
I feel the same way. Its not that he has done anything wrong, but I feel like with that team and that talent he just needs to not **** up most of the time to win. He is part of the offense instead of the driving force.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote