Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-14-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I admire the optimism but that is just not realistic enough to grasp onto.

What I find really funny this year is that in the past for years and years, I was so adamant against drafting OGs in Round 1 (DeCastro/Iupati) BUT THIS year, I'm so into drafting Cooper (yes, he's emerged ahead of Warmack for me too), that it just feels odd being on this side of the coin.
so you really think the 49ers are gonna stand pat use all 13 picks
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
so you really think the 49ers are gonna stand pat use all 13 picks
No, but I doubt they'd give any team 4 of them.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:19 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can remove the Tavon Austin pipedream now. Dallas was one of only three teams that did not have any presence at WVU's pro day.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
You can remove the Tavon Austin pipedream now. Dallas was one of only three teams that did not have any presence at WVU's pro day.
We needed to remove it from a logical scenario situation. If we get another flashy skill position player like an extra WR over a lineman, then to make matters worse we keep Doug Free, we'll be a 6 win team. But Austin will sell jerseys and be exciting so apart of me thinks Jerry only cares about that. I would rather draft a QB with our 1st rounder then take Austin.

Our offense didn't miss 1 beat with Dez, Austin, and Harris on the field. In fact, it didn't miss a beat with Dez, Harris, and Beasley when Austin came out. For the life of me I wouldn't understand taking a WR. We were racking up points with that trio of WR's but we still can't block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:16 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, but I doubt they'd give any team 4 of them.
Exactly. They'll trade up of course, but they aren't just giving 4-5 picks up in 1 trade up scenario, that never happens. They'll get future picks out of it at least, but they aren't about to go on whole sale and give away valuable picks because they have a bunch.

Quote:
Old 03-15-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Were we at LSU's pro day last year? I faintly remember that we never outside of the combine worked out Mo.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Were we at LSU's pro day last year? I faintly remember that we never outside of the combine worked out Mo.
Yep. We sent someone didn't see a name mentioned in any of the articles but we were represented most likely by a national scout or director of college scouting.

Quote:
NFL teams have taken notice of LSU’s consistent talent pipeline, as representatives from all 32 franchises showed up to the school’s pro day Thursday.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/22/clai...t-lsu-pro-day/
Not having a SINGLE representative even a national scout is a pretty big flag when it comes to us targeting someone. And I COMPLETELY agree about not taking him LL I just wanted to put a dagger into the heart of that topic. We have zero need for a WR IMHO and I don't think even Jerry has the audacity to add a 1st rounder WR over our needs.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not advocating for T. Austin, but what if he within a couple of years is the biggest playmaker in the league?

Haven't many of us hammered the Cowboys for years for not drafting to thier board?

What if they are sitting there at 18 and all the OL are gone, Vaccarro is gone and Austin is the 7th best player on your board and the next closest is 19? Don't we always praise teams like NE or Balt because they take the best players regardless of position, even if it seems they don't have a need there?

Again, I'm not saying we should take Austin, but I've read some folks that think he is going to be a major playmaker in this league. I think it's disingenuous of us to not even allow the Cowboys to give it some thought.

And while we all think things are great with our top 2 WRs, are we sure Miles is going to be healthy? Do you really see Miles here past another year or two? What does our WR corp look like if Miles or Dez go down with a big injury?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'm not advocating for T. Austin, but what if he within a couple of years is the biggest playmaker in the league?

Haven't many of us hammered the Cowboys for years for not drafting to thier board?

What if they are sitting there at 18 and all the OL are gone, Vaccarro is gone and Austin is the 7th best player on your board and the next closest is 19? Don't we always praise teams like NE or Balt because they take the best players regardless of position, even if it seems they don't have a need there?

Again, I'm not saying we should take Austin, but I've read some folks that think he is going to be a major playmaker in this league. I think it's disingenuous of us to not even allow the Cowboys to give it some thought.

And while we all think things are great with our top 2 WRs, are we sure Miles is going to be healthy? Do you really see Miles here past another year or two? What does our WR corp look like if Miles or Dez go down with a big injury?
What if? If my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle!!! Trust me, I'd love to add Austin to our team, but I just don't see how it makes any sense for us to take him in the 1st when our OL isn't set and we need help at S and DL. These other positions are FAR more important than adding a luxury pick of Austin at this point.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Well I factor position into the board. So I see WR has a VERY low need and if we want to target someone it should fit the physical profile of our projects (Coale, Holmes, etc) and you can wait till late in the draft for them.

So if we grade Austin as a top player BUT with the caveat that he's a WR he might end up the 20th player on our board (i.e. no chance of taking him at 18). I can't imagine grading your board without factoring positional value.

Well we invested A LOT more into Miles in that he won't be getting cut this season or next which means we have zero need for a WR1 or WR2. We have a project in Danny Coale whom the coaching staff sees as capable of playing WR2 and WR3 and we have Harris and Beasley as competition for the WR3 spot going into the season.

We don't praise the Ravens and Patriots for drafting a QB or MLB during Ray Lewis and Tom Brady's peaks. Positional value has to factor into the draft picks until it becomes an exercise of Best player at a position of need (or NOT surplus).
Old 03-15-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
What if? If my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle!!! Trust me, I'd love to add Austin to our team, but I just don't see how it makes any sense for us to take him in the 1st when our OL isn't set and we need help at S and DL. These other positions are FAR more important than adding a luxury pick of Austin at this point.
Why does everyone have to be an internet smart ass?

I think we all know that WR isn't a big need. I just think it's an interesting discussion but I also am not as sold on our WR position as some seem to be.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 03-15-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We don't praise the Ravens and Patriots for drafting a QB or MLB during Ray Lewis and Tom Brady's peaks. Positional value has to factor into the draft picks until it becomes an exercise of Best player at a position of need (or NOT surplus).
I remember lots of talking heads loving the Mallett pick of NE. Now the dude may not even be in the league.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 03-15-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I remember lots of talking heads loving the Mallett pick of NE. Now the dude may not even be in the league.
Yeah well he was a 3rd rounder :) Mallett is actually netting New England some phone calls as far as his availability. It wasn't a question of talent with him though in college it was the mental aspect of it.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah well he was a 3rd rounder :) Mallett is actually netting New England some phone calls as far as his availability. It wasn't a question of talent with him though in college it was the mental aspect of it.
i think it was more about alleged drug use rather than his mental capability
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Exactly. They'll trade up of course, but they aren't just giving 4-5 picks up in 1 trade up scenario, that never happens. They'll get future picks out of it at least, but they aren't about to go on whole sale and give away valuable picks because they have a bunch.
I agree, San Fran is in a unique situation cap wise. Many of their young players are still on their rookie contracts allowing them to sign a few expensive stars to their roster, but the window of opportunity will close fast when these rookie contracts expire and they have to pay substantial increases to retain them.

Every team is going to carry a lot of rookies in order to meet cap limitations and while San Fran will likely trade a few picks for future considerations, they'll still need 6 or 7 rookies to make their roster in order to retain their more expensive starters.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Package 2013 2nd + 2014 2nd to Minnesota for pick 25:

1A. Chance Warmack | OG | Alabama

1B. D.J. Fluker | OT | Alabama

3. D.J. Swearinger | S | South Carolina

4. Jawan Jamison | RB | Rutgers

5. Matt Scott | QB | Arizona

6. Braxston Cave | C | Notre Dame

Old 03-16-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Josh Evans did well at Florida's pro day.

Quote:
While Evans has been viewed as the “other safety” at Florida throughout the 2012 season and not regarded as a top prospect, sources at the Florida Pro Day told us that Evans had a strong all-around workout. Although not an explosive athlete, Evans was smooth throughout the positional drills staying over his feet and changing directions easily. One NFL person in attendance told us that it was clear to him that Evans is the more flexible and fluid athlete of the two safeties, Matt Elam being the other, and that he felt Evans was also better in coverage in games. Although his workout was impressive and we think he warrants being selected above Elam, the sources we spoke with said that while they agreed with our evaluation of Evans as a better prospect that Elam will still likely be selected first.
Ran a 4.48 and did well in drills. Would love to have him come in and compete for the FS job. I imagine his days of being under the radar are coming to a close soon. Been tagged as a 5th rounder for as long as I can remember.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post

This would be a dream come true lol. No way Jerry could draft that many O-linemen. Nice thought though :)

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:00 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Steep price for Fluker. I'd rather hang tight in the 2nd and take someone like Terron Armstead.

Couldn't handle drafting Cave either. He was repeatedly beaten by college lineman I can't imagine what NFL lineman would do to him. Love the Matt Scott and Jawan Jamison picks. Mixed on Swearinger but can't argue with spending a 3rd.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Steep price for Fluker. I'd rather hang tight in the 2nd and take someone like Terron Armstead.

Couldn't handle drafting Cave either. He was repeatedly beaten by college lineman I can't imagine what NFL lineman would do to him. Love the Matt Scott and Jawan Jamison picks. Mixed on Swearinger but can't argue with spending a 3rd.
There were rumblings that we may be aggressive in this draft, and given how important this season is to Garrett's future I think he's much more likely to value this years picks than 2014 picks.

I value Fluker highly because of what he brings as a run blocker, he's elite, and I don't see us taking the next step until we create some sort of running game. We're dead last in the NFL last year and were the worst running team in franchise history. Start building a line that can create movement on the ground and it'll make the Quarterbacks job that much easier, doesn't matter if its Romo or our QBOTF down the line.

Something else I've realized is there isn't much of a difference between the quality of Safeties that will be available for our 2nd pick vs our 3rd.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-17-2013 at 09:07 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There were rumblings that we may be aggressive in this draft, and given how important this season is to Garrett's future I think he's much more likely to value this years picks than 2014 picks.

I value Fluker highly because of what he brings as a run blocker, he's elite, and I don't see us taking the next step until we create some sort of running game. We're dead last in the NFL last year and were the worst running team in franchise history. Start building a line that can create movement on the ground and it'll make the Quarterbacks job that much easier, doesn't matter if its Romo or our QBOTF down the line.

Something else I've realized is there isn't much of a difference between the quality of Safeties that will be available for our 2nd pick vs our 3rd.
Trouble is Flucker is rising up draft boards substantially IMO. He's taken off about 20 lbs. of fat since the season ended and his workouts have been really solid. I can easily see a scenario where Warmack, Cooper and Flucker are all gone before the Cowboys pick. Add in the fact that Kiffin means a whole new defense and I could see Dallas going defense out of necessity, that's the price you pay when you bring in a new DC with a new system.

So, unless Jerry trades up which isn't out of the question, the OL may have to wait till round 2. Decent RT's really aren't that hard to find in the draft in rounds 3/4. IMO, I don't think giving up picks would be benefitial to the Cowboys, but you never know what Jerry will do.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

Love it, that type of trade up I would be all over. But like someone said, Terron Armstead would be there and we could pick out pick, but Fluker instantly upgrades your running game something fierce. Only thing about Scott is I don't see him there in the 5th, he's got too much hype now. He seems like at worst we would have to take him with our 3rd, and I don't doubt he won't go in the 2nd by somebody who "reaches" for their guy.

Quote:
Old 03-17-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Trouble is Flucker is rising up draft boards substantially IMO. He's taken off about 20 lbs. of fat since the season ended and his workouts have been really solid. I can easily see a scenario where Warmack, Cooper and Flucker are all gone before the Cowboys pick. Add in the fact that Kiffin means a whole new defense and I could see Dallas going defense out of necessity, that's the price you pay when you bring in a new DC with a new system.

So, unless Jerry trades up which isn't out of the question, the OL may have to wait till round 2. Decent RT's really aren't that hard to find in the draft in rounds 3/4. IMO, I don't think giving up picks would be benefitial to the Cowboys, but you never know what Jerry will do.

I disagree. I think your overstating the importance of some of these lineman and all 3 of them won't be gone before 20. Chicago is probably going to get a shot at 1 of these guys and they are behind us. Guards always tend to go lower, and while both Guards could go Fluker isn't going any higher then us IMO because he is strictly a RT and everyone knows it.

Personally I think it's a good chance Warmack is there for us and that's not just wishful thinking. I've seen numerous mocks by different sites that don't have either of those 3 going before our pick, so I don't see all 3 going.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2013, 01:47 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I DO NOT WANT FLUKER.

He just doesn't hold up well against speed rushers on the outside and doesn't have good mobility to provide the kind of movement I want our Guards to have. His feet are stiff plodders stuck in cement. I'm very afraid of him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I DO NOT WANT FLUKER.
Same here. Our offensive line culture has went from those type of heavy footed maulers towards athletic players. While Fluker would not be pushed into the backfield like Free he would be used as a turnstile by speed rushers on the outside. As you highlighted his heavy feet make the transition to guard very difficult as well.

As far as tackles go I'll take Terron Armstead, Menelik Watson, David Quessenberry, or even Chris Faulk over Fluker. Every single one of them doesn't cost us a 1st rounder or multiple picks and a couple could be value picks on draft day.