Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sun rises in the East
Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *5 Rounds* pt. 1
Sup. Yay or nay?
1. Kansas City Chiefs – Eric Fisher /OT/Central Michigan:
With the franchising of Albert, release of Winston, efforts to resign their defensive lineman, and Reid's track record of investing big on the offensive line...it all points to an OT with the Chiefs pick. Fisher has better physical tools then Joeckel, is the better run blocker and carries a higher upside. NFL comp Joe Staley
2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Luke Joeckel* /OT/ Texas A&M:
Fawning all over Geno but coach Bradley is not making the personnel decisions. Monroe is a fine LT but the Jags are lacking almost everywhere else upfront. Joeckel is the bpa and helps one of the weakest areas of the team. The line inevitably shifts and might not make everyone happy but as a whole it gets a lot better.
3. Oakland Raiders – Shariff Floyd* /DT-DE/ Florida:
Terrelle Pryor might be the sticking point in taking Geno here. He's an unknown commodity that the Raiders need to play to see what he could be. Even with the recent signings of backups Walker and Sims, an elite interior pass rusher should still be high on their board. Floyd moves like an athletic DE and has the power of a plugging DT. Regarded as a sure top ten pick heading into the combine with Mayock and a few others thinking top 5. Tragic background that makes you root for him no matter what. NFL Comp. Darnell Dockett
4. Philadelphia Eagles – Lane Johnson /OT/ Oklahoma:
One of the biggest risers out of senior week and he impressed at the combine as expected. Now regarded as having higher upside then either Fisher or Joeckel. Perfect type for Kelly’s up tempo offense. Kelly’s also explained that sacks are kryptonite to his offense-a young, elite LT can’t hurt.
5. Detroit Lions - Sheldon Richardson* /DE/ Missouri:
Richardson is like a LB trapped in a DT’s body. Huge motor, surprising power, along with his mobility, could make him a top 5 pick. Doesn't fit the usual mold of a wide 9 DE but he gets up field, shoots gaps, and chases the ball better then any other downlineman in this class. Played at 285 during the season before bulking up pre draft and could fit as a starting DE. NFL Comp. Justin Smith
6. TRADE Miami Dolphins (CLE) – Dee Milliner*/CB/ Alabama:
Blazed his 40 at Indy then stumbled through his positional workout. Still, he's the top ranked CB. The Dolphins have ammunition to move up if they really want to and Cleveland no doubt would take a trade down and perhaps make it a bargain for a team to get into the top ten. Here, the Dolphins give up a 2nd. NFL Comp. Terrell Thomas
7. Arizona Cardinals – Jonathan Cooper /OG-OC/ North Carolina:
Extending Hoyer and signing Stanton doesn’t take QB entirely off the board for the Cardinals at #7 but I think it does suggest they might pass early and look for a guy later. Cooper’s ranked higher then Warmack on some teams' boards because he's the better athlete and could also play OC. Crazy high for a OG but positional value is different now with a new CBA. NFL Comp. Jahri Evans
8. Buffalo Bills – Jarvis Jones* /OLB/ Georgia:
I think the interest in Geno Smith by teams in the top ten is just posturing to induce trades down. Right now I'm buying his story at the combine and feel like he'll pass enough team's med checks to not drop too far. I think the issue though for decision makers is not so much whether he can play with the condition, it's should he be playing. But it's his life. Obviously Jones is all in and wants to be drafted high but the next temp paralysis after an awkward hit might change his family’s mind, especially once their financially set. NFL comp. Chad Brown
9. New York Jets - Chance Warmack /OG/ Alabama:
Again - I think the interest in Geno Smith by teams in the top ten is just posturing to induce trades down. Ryan has one more season to show some kind of legitimate turn around or he’s out. Warmack is pro ready and helps Ryan immediately get back to his brand of football. Key word with this choice is "safe". Even if a rookie pass rusher taken here gets 10 sacks next season, if the offense plays as bad as it was, they're still picking top 5 and Ryan's out. Top priority should be to fix the offense. Crazy high for a OG but positional value is different now with a new CBA. NFL Comp. Will Shields
10. Tennessee Titans - Dion Jordan /DE/ Oregon:
Jordan’s got a similar skill set to previous busts like Jarvis Moss-Aaron Maybin, but I think his experience and ability in space separates him. Pass rush specialist until he gets stronger. It’s also remarkable that he put up such a solid season while playing half of it with that torn labrum. Had he stayed healthy, he'd have even more buzz. NFL comp. Julian Peterson (with 4 more inches)
11. TRADE Jacksonville Jaguars (SD)– Geno Smith /QB/ West Virginia
Caldwell just might make a bold move to get his coach a franchise QB. The Jags give up their 13' 2nd & 5th and 14' 2nd and 4th to move back up for Smith. He didn't especially shine in positional workouts but came across very well in interviews reportedly. Also spoke of his reluctance to run, saying he was the facilitator of the offense and didn't want to selfishly take it over. If true, is that a flag? Idk, but I'd prefer a guy who wants to take over games. Regardless, the Jets desperately need to reboot at the position and would be all over a trade up if he falls. NFL comp. Mark Brunnell
12. TRADE Cleveland Browns (MIA) – Tyler Eifert /TE/ Notre Dame:
It's clear with the pursuit of Fred Davis that the Browns FO doesn't see Jordan Cameron as the guy at receiving TE. Chudzinski's offense revolves around the TEs to the degree that he's contemplating stitching K2 back together for a reunion. "Eifert is underrated and I think his stock will soar as the draft gets closer-starting with the combine." -Check. NFL Comp. Jason Witten
*previous Tavon Austin
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ezekiel Ansah /DE/ BYU:
Dominated the senior game after seemingly overthinking during the practices. His combine performance should highlight his monster upside and convince that he can be lined up almost anywhere. NFL Comp. Justin Tuck
14. Carolina Panthers – Star Lotulelei /DT/ Utah:
Stock is in flux until his heart situation is cleared. Despite the redirection that it's dehydration/rapid weight loss, it doesn't look good. I've dropped him some but it's possible he's out all together. NFL comp. Ndamkung Suh
15. New Orleans Saints – Kenny Vaccaro /S/ Texas:
The tatted one is regarded by many as the top S in the draft. McShay recently gushed he's talented enough to play some CB. But he underwhelmed at the combine. The Saints need to address the safety spots and cut dead weight. NFL Comp. Michael Huff
16. St. Louis Rams - Tavon Austin /WR-RB/ West Virginia:
Austin becomes an upgrade to Amendola. The value of a legitimate playmaker is higher then ever-Harvin/Cruz/Wallace. And similar to Harvin, Austin can be utilized everywhere on offense. NFL comp. (taller) Darren Sproles
*previous Keenan Allen
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Cordarrelle Patterson*/WR/Tennessee:
Incredible open field runner for a taller guy. Extremely raw but his upside is in the HOF area. Great leaper should mesh well with the lob artist.NFL Comp. Josh Cribbs (with better lateral quickness & long speed.)
*previous Tyler Eifert
18. Dallas Cowboys - Matt Elam*/S /Florida:
Stellar pro day and being looked at as both an in the box guy and a capable single high type. Pound for pound, one of the most physical defenders in the draft. NFL Comp. Dante Whitner
19. New York Giants – Bjoern Werner* /DE/ Florida State:
Hallo. Everything I've read suggests Werner is not as highly rated as everyone thinks. But at his size, he still explodes off the ball and shows the ability to stand up. Giants have a sound draft philosophy and have no reason to change. NFL comp. Jason Babin
20. Chicago Bears – Arthur Brown /LB/ Kansas St:
Checked back on ND games for Te'o after that horrid bowl game and compared him with Brown and Minter (vs Miami, Oregon, & A&M). Got to say now that Brown is possibly the best ILB prospect of the three. Undersized but doesn't play like it. He can thump inside while also looking great in space. He’s got it all but his size might be looked at as a liability. Sound familiar? NFL Comp. Jon Beason
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Jonathan Cyprien /S/ FIU:
Cyprien looks like a CB in drills at 6'1 209. NFL Comp Morgan Burnett
*previous D.J. Fluker
22. St. Louis Rams - D.J. Fluker* /OT-OG/Alabama:
Good coaching and D.J.'s a sure pro bowler.
*previous Jon Cyprien
23. Minnesota Vikings - Keenan Allen* /WR/ California:
Allen’s worth a top ten pick imo. His stock might take a hit if he recovers slowly from his late season knee injury and Patterson/Austin blaze. NFL Comp. Javon Walker
24 Indianapolis Colts - Barkevious Mingo*/OLB/ LSU:
Mingo’s the freak athlete in need of a lot of polish. Overhyped though and I don’t think he goes as high as most anticipate. NFL comp. Mathias Kiwanuka
25. Minnesota Vikings (SEA) – Datone Jones /DE-DT/ UCLA:
Already had Jones as a 2nd rounder before Mobile where he crushed it. Any team, running a 34 or 43, in need of more pass rush should find it hard to pass him up. NFL Comp. Cameron Jordan
26. TRADE Buffalo Bills (GB) - Ryan Nassib /QB/ Syracuse:
Nassib didn’t stand out at senior week practices but the word is teams are still high on him. The Bills deflected interest in him early but it could have been a smoke screen. He’s got decent arm strength, mobility and accuracy. Not always consistent but he could respond to better talent around him in the NFL. NFL Comp. Andy Dalton
27. Houston Texans – Jesse Williams /NT/ Alabama:
Not yet getting enough recognition. Williams should become a beast of an interior lineman in the NFL-able to play in any scheme. NFL Comp. Antonio Garay
28. Denver Broncos - Xavier Rhodes /CB-S/ Florida State:
Rhodes has the size and tackling ability to play safety if needed-and he might have to in the pros. NFL comp. Gary Baxter
29. New England Patriots – DaMontre Moore* /DE/ Texas A&M:
Similar to Werner, it seems his stock is not as high as expected. But incredibly productive in his first season playing with his hand down inside a tougher conference and still very young. NFL comp. Willie McGinest
30. Atlanta Falcons – Alex Okafor /DE/ Texas:
Okafor was the best Texas defender imo and was one of the best defensive players at Mobile. NFL Comp. Andre Carter
31. San Francisco 49ers – Desmond Trufant /CB/Washington:
Trufant came out of senior week being called a first round pick and followed it up with a solid combine and pro day. NFL Comp. Joe Haden
32. Baltimore Ravens - Menelik Watson /OT/ Florida State:
Extremely raw but a tremendous talent for the position. I think they’d like to keep Oher on the right side.
1. TRADE San Diego Chargers (JAC) –
Terron Armstead /OT/ Arkansas Pine-Bluff:
Held his own at post season all star practices at LT and OG, then blew up the combine.
*previous Deandre Hopkins
2. San Francisco 49ers (KC) – Terrance Williams /WR/ Baylor:
Wiiliams has size and speed but it's his quick feet that I think will make him a great pro. Sort of a sleeper that’s going to end up a steal. NFL comp. Torrey Smith
3. Philadelphia Eagles – Robert Woods* /WR/ USC:
Woods is sot of the forgotten guy after his mediocre junior season. What I like most is his toughness. NFL comp. Santonio Holmes
4. Detroit Lions – D.J. Hayden /CB/ Houston:
Stock catapulted recently and the only thing holding him back is the med check on his injury. NFL Comp.
*previous Jamar Taylor
5. Cincinnati Bengals (OAK) – Alec Ogletree* /LB/ Georgia:
I didn't really recognize how much of a freak athlete Ogletree was until I watched the all star skills contest and saw him demonstrate quicker feet then Robert Woods. Fills the stat sheet on a talented Georgia D but is still pretty raw and has character flags. Check that now-major red flags. NFL Comp. Boss Bailey
6. Arizona Cardinals – E.J. Manuel /QB/ Florida State:
E.J.’s got great size, arm and running ability but doesn't utilize it all well. He’s passive and shrinks in the big moments. But with the success of recent running QBs, it’ll push up his stock. At least in Arizona he can be brought along slowly as Stanton finally gets an opportunity to start. NFL Comp. Tarvares Jackson
7. Cleveland Browns (supp) - Josh Gordon /WR/ Baylor:
Supplemental pick Flash has been the Browns best WR this season. That's good and bad. NFL comp. Vincent Jackson
8. New York Jets - Matt Scott /QB/ Aizona:
Scott was considered the best thrower at the combine by more then a few observers. With the running QB trend, I'll think he'll come off the board much earlier then expected. NFL Comp. RG3
9. Tennessee Titans – Justin Hunter* /WR/Tennessee:
Possible deep & red zone threat if he comes back fully from his knee injury. NFL comp. Malcolm Floyd
10. TRADE Green Bay Packers (BUF)– Brian Schwenke /OC/ California:
Mayock gushed about him all senior week. NFL Comp. Ryan Kalil
11. Miami Dolphins – Justin Pugh /OT/ Syracuse:
Knocked for his measurables at Mobile but looked like one of the best OTs there. NFL Comp. Eric Steinbach
*previous Terron Armstead
12. TRADE New York Jets (TB) – Corey Lemonier* /OLB-DE/ Auburn:
Revis eventually gets dealt for a 13 2nd and 14 1st. Lemonier has been one of the most consistent rushers in the country for awhile, and only fell off the second half of his senior season. NFL Comp. Shawn Merriman
13. Carolina Panthers – DeAndre Hopkins* /WR/ Clemson:
Hopkins is loved by some but I’m not quite as high on him but he’s got great ball skills, quickness and the mindset of a #1 WR. NFL comp. Nate Burleson
*previous Quinton Patton
14. New Orleans Saints – forfeited:
15. San Diego Chargers – Quinton Patton /WR/ Louisiana Tech:
Not fast but great feet and stop and start ability with solid size and catches everything. NFL Comp. Donald Driver
*previous Justin Hunter
16. St Louis Rams – Larry Warford /OG/ Kentucky:
Looked like a first round guy in Mobile..on the field, not the weigh in. NFL Comp. Andre Smith
*previous Justin Pugh
17. Dallas Cowboys - Kyle Long /OG/ Oregon:
Ultra athletic project with some off field issues but a solid lineage.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers – Le'Veon Bell* /RB/ Michigan State:
Bell is possibly the most slept on prospect right now. Mired on a terrible college offense, he’ll end up a steal in the NFL. Eddie George
19. New York Giants – Kevin Minter* /LB/ LSU:
Not flashy but Minter looks like a very solid pro ILB.
20. Chicago Bears – Travis Frederick* /OC-OG/ Wisconsin:
Huge run blocker should upgrade the interior immediately.
21. Washington Redskins – Johnthan Banks /S/ Mississippi St:
Stock now depends on how well he looks in Indianapolis. Well, safety now imo. NFL Comp. Eric Berry
22. Minnesota Vikings – Manti Te'o /LB/ Notre Dame:
Imo, it’s becoming clearer that Teo’s role in the most bizarre pre draft controversy ever was of a gullible nice guy, rather then an unstable certified weirdo. But I think he’ll drop none the less. NFL comp. Rey Mauluga
23. Cincinnati Bengals – David Amerson*/S/ NC State:
First rounder as a junior and a late round guy as a senior. He’ll fair better as a safety.
24. TRADE Cleveland Browns (MIA) – Tyrann Mathieu* /CB/ LSU:
If he showed the same awareness and humility in team interviews he showed on NFLN, he’s going to get some team execs table banging for him. Possibly the best CB out of this class. NFL Comp. Brent Grimes
25. Green Bay Packers – Eddie Lacy*/RB/ Alabama:
Superbly talented but also playing behind a phenomenal line. Still his feet, agility and speed at 220+ is special. And he comes with a ready made catch phrase. NFL Comp. Steven Jackson
26. Seattle Seahawks - Sylvester Williams /DT/ UNC:
I think the Revis trade goes down. TB sends their 13 2nd and 14 first. NYJ then trades the pick to Minn to move back up into the first. Williams looks a little like Geno Atkins..every few snaps.
27. Houston Texans – Da'Rick Rogers* /WR/ Tenn. Tech:
Should probably stay another year but circumstances might have him declaring. NFL Comp. Kenny Britt
28. Denver Broncos – Jonathan Franklin /RB/ UCLA:
Franklin looked great senior week but will always be undersized. His character + talent has him rising.
29. New England Patriots – Blidi Wreh-Wilson /CB/ UConn:
Mixed views on Blidi but with his size/speed he could go pretty high.
NFL Comp Corey Webster
30. Atlanta Falcons – Tank Carradine /DE/ Florida St:
Potential first rounder before late season ACL.
31. San Francisco 49ers – Kawaan Short /DT/ Purdue:
When his motors on, Short’s a top 20 guy. He could drop because of inconsistency but he'll probably generate buzz though senior week and the combine. Seattle could be interested in an upgrade for Branch beyond what they already have. NFL Comp. Shaun Rogers
32. Baltimore Ravens – Eric Reid* /S/LSU:
Reid’s stock is not up right now but with a good combine showing, he should start getting that buzz going again. NFL comp. William Moore
1. Kansas City Chiefs – Sio Moore /ILB/ UConn:
A guy I’ve liked all season deservedly starting to generate buzz after a good showing at both the shrine and Mobile. NFL Comp. Lawrence Timmons
2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Jamar Taylor /CB/ Boise State:
Solid competitor showed much better then expected athletic ability at the combine. NFL Comp. Jabari Greer
*previous Jordan Poyer
3. Detroit Lions – Jordan Mills /OT/ Louisiana Tech:
Mills was a late add senior week played very well by all accounts.
4. Oakland Raiders – Jamie Collins /OLB-DE/ Southern Miss:
Raw all around but has elite athleticism and can get into the backfield.
5. Philadelphia Eagles – Jordan Poyer /CB/ Oregon State:
Poyer was one of the best CBs at senior week practices. NFL Comp. Cary Williams
*previous Logan Ryan
6. Cleveland Browns – Duke Williams /S/ Nevada:
Browns have a great big hole at FS. Williams actually reminds me a little of Brian Dawkins. NFL Comp. Ryan Clark
*previous Jordan Reed
7. Arizona Cardinals – Zach Ertz* /TE/ Stanford:
Ertz doesn't look as good a prospect to me as Fleener, who went high 2nd last year but underperformed as a rookie. NFL Comp Coby Fleener
8. Tennessee Titans – David Quessenberry /OG-OT/ San Jose State:
One of the best lineman at Mobile. Helped himself as much as anyone senior week and looked great in drills at the combine. Great quickness and agility into the second level and nasty attitude but needs to get stronger.
9. TRADE Green Bay Packers (BUF) – Kiko Alonso /LB/ Oregon :
If he can convince teams his college off field antics are entirely behind him, he could go here or higher with his talent.
10. New York Jets - Denard Robinson /RB/ Michigan:
Blazing playmaker who’s gotten overlooked because of his post season injury. I think his best position will be RB but he could be tried at WR too. NFL Comp Percy Harvin
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – John Jenkins /DT/ Georgia:
Bust potential for sure but you can't coach up size + motor. Jenkins gets blown off the ball too often for a guy of his size but massive DTs who can move and hustle are rare commodities-I guess. NFL comp. Shaun Smith
12. San Francisco 49ers (CAR) – Margus Hunt /DE/ SMU:
Still will shine at the combine but looked like an enormous project at senior week practices.
13. New Orleans Saints – Matt Barkley /QB/ USC:
Ought to go higher but his skill set is not the trend. It's always possible he kills at his pro day but the delaying is looking very suspicious. NFL comp. Chad Pennington
14. San Diego Chargers – Logan Ryan* /CB/ Rutgers:
Size, ball skills-needs to show well in the post season to rise. NFL Comp. Leon Hall
*previous Robert Alford
15. Miami Dolphins – Gavin Escobar* /TE/ San Diego St
Big athletic TE who blocks and moves extremely well for his size. NFL Comp. Dennis Pitta
16. St. Louis Rams – Shamarko Thomas /S/ Syracuse:
Created a lot of buzz in Indy even with a faceplant. NFL Comp. T.J. Ward
*previous Khaseem Greene
17. Pittsburgh Steelers – Robert Alford /CB/ Southeast Louisiana:
Alford lived up to the buzz senior week and combine.
*previous Sharmarko Thomas
18. Dallas Cowboys – Giovanni Bernard* /RB/ North Carolina:
Not as fast as the big runs would indicate and has some durability and physicality concerns, but can make something out of nothing with impressive natural running skills. NFL Comp.
19. New York Giants – Brandon Williams /DT/ Missouri Southern State:
After his performance senior week, he's been rising. NFL Comp. Phil Taylor
20. Miami Dolphins (CHI) – Christian Michael /RB/ Texas A&M:
Eye popping testing but major character issues.
21. Minnesota Vikings – Mike Glennon /QB/ NC State:
I was initially impressed how Glennon had come along this past season...then I took a look at him vs Virginia and it all fell apart-ditto his bowl game. Might pick up big numbers in the right offense but will probably never shake the tendency to make unforced mistakes. Buyer beware. Most damning thing being talked about him is that he might not be a leader. NFL Comp. Derek Anderson
22. Cincinnati Bengals - Cornelius Washington /DE/ Georgia:
Forgettable college production but really impressing in pre draft evals.
23. Washington Redskins – Darius Slay /CB/ Mississippi St.:
Stock is rising but I’m still not all in yet. NFL Comp. Derek Cox
24. Indianapolis Colts - Jonathan Hankins* /DE/ Ohio State:
First round talent but questionable motor and poor game tape plus the quality defensive line depth in this draft should have his stock dropping. NFL Comp. Shaun Rogers
25. Seattle Seahawks – Khassem Greene /OLB/ Rutgers:
Former safety who's become a dominant defender and arguably the top OLB in the draft.
*previous Xavier Gooden
26. Green Bay Packers – Brennan Williams /OT/UNC:
Coming back from injury, if everything works out, could wind up a steal.
27. Houston Texans – J.J. Wilcox /S/ Georgia Southern:
Showed size/speed and skills to mold senior week gaining the praise of analysts. Also a good KR.
28. Denver Broncos – Barrett Jones /OC-OG/ Alabama:
Instantly upgrades the interior. NFL Comp. Max Unger
29. New England Patriots – Stedman Bailey*/WR/ West Virginia:
High on Bailey since last year when I thought he physically abused Mo Claiborne at the los and out quicked him in the open field. He's underrated due to his big play teammate and should go higher. NFL Comp. Doug Baldwin
30. Atlanta Falcons – Gerald Hodges /OLB/ Penn State:
A guy really flying under the radar that is extremely athletic and showed some ability at the Shrine to play inside or outside.
31. San Francisco 49ers - Vance McDonald /TE/ Rice:
Impressed everyone in Mobile with his size and athleticism but is still a big project. NFL Comp. Ben Watson
32. Baltimore Ravens - Chris Harper /WR/ Kansas State:
Bigger WR that showed impressive speed and above average route running senior week. NFL Comp. Chris Chambers
*33. (compensatory) Houston Texans – Tyler Bray* /QB/ Tennessee:
Bray’s got a Cutler/Stafford caliber arm but seemingly the intangibles of Matt Leinart. NFL Comp. Ryan Mallett
*34. Kansas City Chiefs – Bennie Logan* /DE/ LSU:
LSU underclassman sale.
*35. Tennessee Titans – Phillip Thomas /S/ Fresno St:
Created a lot of buzz early but I don't think he goes as high as expected.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Markus Wheaton /WR/ Arizona State:
Wiry strong and lightening quick, Wheaton will outperform his draft position. NFL Comp. Mike Wallace
2. Kansas City Chiefs – Marquis Goodwin /WR/ Texas:
Track guy showed well and looked like the top deep threat in Mobile-backed it up at the combine.
3. Oakland Raiders – Leon McFadden /CB/ San Diego State:
Impressed senior week but must run well to maintain a high draft stock. NFL Comp. Leonard Johnson
4. Philadelphia Eagles – Montori Hughes /DT/ Tenn-Martin:
Talented enough to go higher but has some character issues.
5. Minnesota Vikings (DET)– Xavier Gooden /LB/ Missouri:
Undersized blazer creating some buzz but I seem to remember him losing it a couple seasons back and throwing a punch at a guy he couldn’t get to the ground that he was trying to tackle?
*previous Jon Bostic
6. Arizona Cardinals – Andre Ellington /RB/ Clemson:
Homerun hitting complement is a bargain in the 4th. NFL Comp. Joe McKnight
7. Cleveland Browns – Tyler Wilson /QB/ Arkansas:
Wilson’s small hands and the beating he took as a senior are looking like deal breakers for his stock. The team that eventually drafts him is going to get a big steal. NFL comp. Matt Hasselbeck
8. Buffalo Bills – Shawn Williams /S/ Georgia:
Testing well will really help his status and solidify him as a mid round guy. Mixed reviews senior week but held his own.
9. New York Jets – DJ Swearinger /S/ South Carolina:
Regarded as a high round pick in some places. NFL Comp. Glover Quinn
10. Tennessee Titans – Jon Bostic /LB/ Florida:
Inside thumper ran faster then most expected and could fit as an outside backer as well.
*previous Vince Williams
11. Carolina Panthers – Brian Winters /OG/ Kent State:
Rough around the edges but a monster run blocker with the athletic ability to also become a sound pass blocker.
12. New Orleans Saints – Dwayne Gratz /CB/ UConn:
Opened eyes with his testing at the combine following a solid showing at senior week practices where he really looked better then Wreh-Wilson. NFL Comp Zach Bowman
13. San Diego Chargers – Dion Sims* /TE/ Michigan St:
A bear of a blocker but with great hands and potential in the passing game. NFL Comp. Marcedes Lewis
14. Miami Dolphins – B.W. Webb /CB/ William & Mary:
Small school guy singled out by many for his impressive play at senior week practices.
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Ace Sanders*/WR/South Carolina:
Lightening quick jump-starter for any offense and sp tms.
16. St. Louis Rams – Dallas Thomas /OG-OT/ Tennessee:
Versatile and athletic helps out inside and outside.
17. Dallas Cowboys – DeVonte Holloman /LB/ South Carolina:
Showed well at shrine practices.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers – Earl Wolff /S/ NC State:
Unheralded SS that showed off at the combine.
19. New York Giants – Baccari Rambo /S/ Georgia:
Has all the athletic ability but needs good coaching to be a quality starter.
20. Chicago Bears – Marc Anthony /CB/California:
Big corner who’s been defending solid talents Marvin Jones and Keenan Allen the past 2 yrs at practice. Quicker then fast type with the length and physicality to be a great press or off man corner. NFL Comp. Carlos Rodgers
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Kenyon Barner /RB/ Oregon:
Homerun hitting complement.
22. Washington Redskins - Xavier Nixon /OT/ Florida:
Mostly held his own at senior week practices. Helps on the right side.
23. Minnesota Vikings – Akeem Spence* /DT/ Illinois:
Built like a fire hydrant and could learn to be effective 43 nose.
24. Indianapolis Colts - John Simon /OLB-DE/ Ohio State:
He'll drop because he's a tweener but he's one of those potential mid round steals.
25. Green Bay Packers – Sam Montgomery* /DE-OLB/ LSU:
So much for telling the truth in interviews. LSU coaches criticism adds to concerns over character along with poor junior season. NFL comp. (taller) Brandon Graham
26. Seattle Seahawks – Dustin Hopkins /K/ FSU:
Big enough need to go here early.
27. Houston Texans – Alvin Bailey* /OG/ Arkansas :
Athletic big man didn't get a chance to show anything at the combine. NFL Comp. Donald Thomas
28. Denver Broncos – Zeke Motta /S/ Notre Dame:
Mid round type that ends up contributing more then he’s expected.
29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NE) – Travis Kelce /TE/ Cincinnati:
A possible 2nd round pick if not for the nagging injuries and character concerns.
30. Atlanta Falcons – Nickel Roby* /CB/ USC:
Small man to man tough guy. NFL Comp. Brent Grimes
31. San Francisco 49ers – Stephan Taylor /RB/ Stanford:
Solid all-around RB didn’t disappoint senior week.
32. Baltimore Ravens - Kevin Reddick /ILB/ North Carolina:
Solid but unspectacular inside LB does a little bit of everything.
*33. Baltimore Ravens - Brandon Jenkins* /DE/ FSU:
Highly rated pre injury and could be a steal for whoever takes a chance.
*34. San Francisco 49ers – Trevardo Williams /OLB/ UConn:
Gets hung up on blockers too much but has a top notch burst and speed around the corner.
*35. Detroit Lions – Hugh Thornton /OG-OT/ Illinois:
Hulking OG that could develop into a solid starter.
*36. Atlanta Falcons – Jordan Reed* /TE/ Florida:
Might start creating buzz after the combine. An underrated guy that could be a steal. NFL Comp. Aaron Hernandez
*previous Nick Kasa
1. Kansas City Chiefs – Montee Ball /RB/ Wisconsin:
Ball's had some off field issues and sub par testing could drop his stock.
2. San Deigo Chargers (JAC) – Vince Williams /ILB/ Florida State:
Solid senior week and had a strong showing at FSU's pro day. Mayock mentioned he's probably a 3rd or 4th round pick. NFL Comp. Tim Dobbins
*previous Chase Thomas
3. Philadelphia Eagles – Devin Taylor /DE/ South Carolina:
Underachiever getting some buzz because of his length and athleticism at 34 DE.
4. Detroit Lions – David Bass /DE/ Missouri Western State:
The defensive star of the Shrine week practices.
5. Seattle Seahawks (OAK)– Oday Aboushi /OT/ Virginia:
Aboushi had a rough senior week and poor testing but played well for Virginia this past season.
6. Cleveland Browns – Cobi Hamilton /WR/ Arkansas:
Huge fan of Hamilton. He was unstoppable for the Razorbacks this past season. NFL Comp. Denarius Moore
7. Arizona Cardinals – Reid Fragel /OT/ Ohio State:
Backs up Massie.
8. New York Jets - Stansly Maponga /DE-OLB/ TCU:
Slept on tweener is a good bet to out perform his draft position.
9. Tennessee Titans – Nick Becton /OT/ Virginia Tech:
Fairly athletic tackle that can be groomed as a starter on either side.
10. Buffalo Bills - Aaron Dobson /WR/ Marshall:
Big target might learn some things from Plax.
11. New Orleans Saints – Garrett Gilkey /OG-OT/ Chaldron St:
Showed pretty well at senior week practices. LG with the capability of backing up LT.
12. San Diego Chargers – Ty Powell /ILB/ Harding:
Former S, DE, who’s under the radar but shown well at the combine and pro day.
13. Miami Dolphins – Jordan Hill /DT/ Penn State:
Penatrating 3 tech DT.
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Stephane Milhim /OT/ UMass:
Obscure but I thought he looked impressive at the combine and recently read he improved at his pro day.
15. Carolina Panthers – Tavares King /WR/ Georgia:
Sleeper who I’d bet outperforms his draft position. NFL Comp. Chad Johnson
16. St. Louis Rams – Keith Pough /LB/ Howard:
Undersized pass rusher athletic enough to fit into a 43.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers – Nick Kasa /TE/ Colorado:
Not sexy but a solid guy to groom.
18. Dallas Cowboys – Maliciah Goodman /DE/ Clemson:
Needed depth guy.
19. New York Giants – Joseph Randle* /RB/ Oklahoma St.:
Quietly stepped up his game in the absence of Weeden and Blackmon. A complete back who should go higher then this. If he continues to get stronger as a pro, he'll be a pro bowl back. NFL comp. DaMarco Murray
20. Chicago Bears – Ryan Swope /WR/ Texas A&M:
Doesn’t play as fast as he timed and has history of concussions. But still a solid slot WR prospect.
21. Washington Redskins – Steve Williams /CB/ California:
Blazing run at Indianapolis has put him on the map.
22. Minnesota Vikings - Mike Gillislee /RB/ Florida:
Does everything well and has looked good in post season evals but is still under the radar.
23. Cincinnati Bengals - Landry Jones /QB/ Oklahoma:
Streaky but when he's on he's pretty good. could push for a bigger role in time.
24. San Francisco 49ers – Zac Dysert /QB/ Miami (OH):
Gets the clipboard for now.
25. Seattle Seahawks – Onterio McCalebb /KR-RB/ Auburn:
Blazer that can be an upgrade in the return game.
26. Green Bay Packers – William Ghoulston /DE/ Michigan State:
Prototypical 34 DE on the surface but just doesn't do enough.
27. Houston Texans – Tanner Hawkinson /OT/ Kansas:
Competition and insurance for the right side.
28. Denver Broncos – Josh Boyce /WR/ TCU:
I guy I've been liking all season but thought his speed would make him a late round pick. After blazing at Indy his stock is definetly up. Poor man's Anquan Boldin.
29. Washington Redskins – William Campbell /DE-NT/ Michigan:
Sleeper that could wind up playing in the league for awhile.
30. Atlanta Falcons – Corey Fuller /WR/ Virginia Tech:
Competition for the 3rd WR spot.
31. San Francisco 49ers – Sanders Commings /S-CB/ Georgia:
Super sized CB with straight line speed should make the move to S as a pro.
32. Baltimore Ravens - Mario Benavides /OC/ Louisville:
Depth and insurance at OC.
*33. Miami Dolphins – David Bakhtiari /OG/ Colorado:
College LT gets to move inside in the pros.
*34. Green Bay Packers – T.J. McDonald /S/ USC:
Knocked for being Taylor Mays v2 but has looked good in every post season evaluation so far.
*35. Baltimore Ravens - Will Davis /CB/ Utah St:
Followed up a rough senior week with a solid combine.
..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Originally Posted by borg9
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Originally Posted by DBess
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Last edited by Brown Leader : 03-28-2013 at 11:42 PM.