Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-19-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We also have 2 7th round compensatory picks so why not just take a kicker there. It's not like there is one kicker far above the rest so i would just take one with one of those.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UGH. We signed K Phil Dawson to replace Akers. UGH.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...-replace-akers
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

He was 29-31 last year. What's not to like?
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
3(74) Bacarri Rambo FS - Georgia
Yes. Please. Yes.

I know he has some baggage, but I love watching this kid play and feel like he'd be a great replacement for Dashon.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I agree, Mike Wallace or Dashon Goldson would have been better kickers.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
He's a veteran kicker. I must admit that im tired of veteran kickers. The first year they do great and then are crap the second year. Cycle just keeps repeating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I agree, Mike Wallace or Dashon Goldson would have been better kickers.
Haha, funny but if our secondary gets torched due to an old aging veteran FS or a rookie who has no clue as to what he should be doing and if Boldin becomes the 2013 version of Moss, just remember who said it first.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's a veteran kicker. I must admit that im tired of veteran kickers. The first year they do great and then are crap the second year. Cycle just keeps repeating.
Yeah especially that Joe "money" Nedney guy. Or Jeff Reed.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha, funny but if our secondary gets torched due to an old aging veteran FS or a rookie who has no clue as to what he should be doing and if Boldin becomes the 2013 version of Moss, just remember who said it first.
I'm fairly confident you'll remind us about a 1000 times.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really 49ers , Phil Dawson wtf . Just draft a damn kicker already **** whole ugh .. Enough with the darn vet kickers. ****
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Really 49ers , Phil Dawson wtf . Just draft a damn kicker already **** whole ugh .. Enough with the darn vet kickers. ****
Post fail. Phil Dawson is one of the best kickers in the NFL. What is wrong with you?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
And he was 7-8 on field goals of 50 yards or more and 8-8 the season before that.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Just because Dawson was excellent last season doesnt mean he'll match or surpass that. Sorry. I'm just tired of depending on veteran kickers every year because in the end, they get replaced. As for Nedney, he was good for a few seasons until 2009 when he declined to 81% and then got injured in 2010. What's funny is that you guys always talk about building through the draft yet you prefer a old veteran kicker instead of drafting a rookie. I know im the opposite of pretty much everyone here and thats fine, to each his own but I would think that you guys would much rather have a rookie kicker who could be our kicker for the long term instead of just a one or two year stopgap and just recycling the process. As for other players like Goldson, Wallace or others, what can I say, I would much rather go all out for one year to win the ******* Super Bowl even at the cost of sacrificing two years afterwards because as much as rebuilding for two years would suck, being so ******* close to winning the Super Bowl but losing in it or not getting there sucks a hell of a lot more, at least for me anyway.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Just because Dawson was excellent last season doesnt mean he'll match or surpass that. Sorry. I'm just tired of depending on veteran kickers every year because in the end, they get replaced. As for Nedney, he was good for a few seasons until 2009 when he declined to 81% and then got injured in 2010. What's funny is that you guys always talk about building through the draft yet you prefer a old veteran kicker instead of drafting a rookie. I know im the opposite of pretty much everyone here and thats fine, to each his own but I would think that you guys would much rather have a rookie kicker who could be our kicker for the long term instead of just a one or two year stopgap and just recycling the process. As for other players like Goldson, Wallace or others, what can I say, I would much rather go all out for one year to win the ******* Super Bowl even at the cost of sacrificing two years afterwards because as much as rebuilding for two years would suck, being so ******* close to winning the Super Bowl but losing in it or not getting there sucks a hell of a lot more, at least for me anyway.
Just because Tom Brady has been very good his entire career doesn't mean he'll be good this upcoming season. New England should get rid of him. That would be the smart thing to do. He's getting way too old.

And since when are rookie kickers clearly better than veteran kickers?

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 03-19-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Post fail. Phil Dawson is one of the best kickers in the NFL. What is wrong with you?
Um not a fail because again we're singing an old kicker like Dan he could fall off just like Akers did for us in the second year. I'm sure we can draft a real good kicker is 6th or 7th round and still land our all of needs before hand. I'm too tired of resigning old vets at key positions wide out and kicker mostly. We signed Akers after he had a good season and sub par year one with us then just dropped off this last year and was terrible in the play offs. It is just damn time to draft a kicker how hard is it!!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

On a side note -

Anyone here interested in trading for Titans WR Nate Washington to play on the outside with Boldin in the slot? Washington is due to earn $4.2m in 2013 and $4.8m in 2014 according to rotoworld.com. Granted, thats a high salary but he's definitely still a deep threat and averaged over 16 yards a reception.

Another WR possibility would be Eagles WR Jeremy Maclin who's entering the final year of his rookie deal. He'll be 25 in May. His average is definitely lower than Washington and I dont think that he's a speed threat, having him on the outside would still make our offense a lot more dangerous. His salary for 2013 is just over $3.2m.

Thoughts?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Just because Tom Brady has been very good his entire career doesn't mean he'll be good this upcoming season. New England should get rid of him. That would be the smart thing to do. He's getting way too old.

And since when are rookie kickers clearly better than veteran kickers?
Huge difference between a quarterback and a kicker. For a kicker, its all him in regards to making or missing the FG. With the QB, its his job to throw the ball where he needs to but its not his job to block or catch the ball.

I never said that rookie kickers are better. There's no guarantee that a rookie would do better than Dawson but at the same time, there's no guarantee that a rookie kicker wouldnt do better. For both, it could go either way. I was just hoping that with all the draft picks the team has, they would at least draft a kicker. To be honest, I think the last time we drafted a kicker was Jeff Chandler in 2002. Granted, he sucked but that doesnt mean every rookie kicker will suck. Look at Tucker for BAL and Walsh for MIN.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dawson only signed a 1 year deal so its not like he's guaranteed anything. He'll compete with a late round pick or UDFA and nothing will be handed to anyone.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Well okay then I just don't see why we can't draft a kicker. One will be at 6th or 7th round no doubt even Sturgis will be a good kicker if not Hopkins.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Huge difference between a quarterback and a kicker. For a kicker, its all him in regards to making or missing the FG. With the QB, its his job to throw the ball where he needs to but its not his job to block or catch the ball.

I never said that rookie kickers are better. There's no guarantee that a rookie would do better than Dawson but at the same time, there's no guarantee that a rookie kicker wouldnt do better. For both, it could go either way. I was just hoping that with all the draft picks the team has, they would at least draft a kicker. To be honest, I think the last time we drafted a kicker was Jeff Chandler in 2002. Granted, he sucked but that doesnt mean every rookie kicker will suck. Look at Tucker for BAL and Walsh for MIN.
If it could go either way then why are you bitching about it?

Oh and I guess we'll just use the "quarterbacks are different" card as an excuse to try and justify the ridiculous logic you initially put forth. Okay.

Quote:
Old 03-20-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Um not a fail because again we're singing an old kicker like Dan he could fall off just like Akers did for us in the second year. I'm sure we can draft a real good kicker is 6th or 7th round and still land our all of needs before hand. I'm too tired of resigning old vets at key positions wide out and kicker mostly. We signed Akers after he had a good season and sub par year one with us then just dropped off this last year and was terrible in the play offs. It is just damn time to draft a kicker how hard is it!!
Akers only played two seasons with the Niners you loon. He had a record breaking year and then a horrendous one so what? It happens. Dawson was the best kicker in football last year don't see how this is a bad signing.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Well okay then I just don't see why we can't draft a kicker. One will be at 6th or 7th round no doubt even Sturgis will be a good kicker if not Hopkins.
And it probably never occurred to you that Dawson is better than anyone in the draft did it? So drafting a kicker then would be a good idea why?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys act like kickers are expensive or something. if we can get 1 money year from a veteran kicker, what's to cry about?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

We will see how it plays out . i'm done for know ..
Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
We will see how it plays out . i'm done for know ..
You are done for NOW!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On a side note -

Anyone here interested in trading for Titans WR Nate Washington to play on the outside with Boldin in the slot? Washington is due to earn $4.2m in 2013 and $4.8m in 2014 according to rotoworld.com. Granted, thats a high salary but he's definitely still a deep threat and averaged over 16 yards a reception.

Another WR possibility would be Eagles WR Jeremy Maclin who's entering the final year of his rookie deal. He'll be 25 in May. His average is definitely lower than Washington and I dont think that he's a speed threat, having him on the outside would still make our offense a lot more dangerous. His salary for 2013 is just over $3.2m.

Thoughts?
I'd rather just draft a guy. I think we're done bringing in veteran WRs now.

Who are some receivers you guys like? I think they are very deep this year, and it's going to be like that draft a few years ago where all those RBs came in and made an impact. 07 maybe?