Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2013, 02:14 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Why is Dwade a scumbag?
he's more of a douche than a scumbag, though the shot to Sessions' nuts was a bad look
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:15 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Why is Dwade a scumbag?

Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing basketball player but he really needs to cut down on stuff like this.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:28 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing basketball player but he really needs to cut down on stuff like this.
With the exception of that first kick to the groin, majority of all those plays were in heated playoff series.

The Indiana play I understand because Pacers were being physical that whole series and throwing shots last year.

The KG one I understand cause he saw KG lower his shoulder into Miller on that pick. That was not a legitimate pick and KG knew what he was doing.

Rondo. I can't stand Rondo but i'll say Dwade was just frustrated with not getting the call when felt Rondo was all over him, and wasn't letting Rondo go and get that ball.

Rip - He felt like Rip was throwing his elbows at him and that's why he pushed him back and got heated.

The ramon sessions ball slap - I got nothing....

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:38 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well at least you defend your dirty player no matter what. That's what real homers do. High five.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:46 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well at least you defend your dirty player no matter what. That's what real homers do. High five.
You know it!

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-19-2013, 07:17 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on VC and his possible HOF resume..?

28th player to score 22,000 points. He has refined his game as he has aged and now he can shoot pretty well instead of just being that slasher guy.

Similiar career to Randy Moss in football as far as maybe not reaching his full potential but def does not have the Randy numbers...thoughtssss
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll be in the hall of fame.

Whether he deserves it or not is one thing, but he will be in.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Brody paid off or slept with the refs of the Bulls-Nuggets game last night to keep momentum with Denver for his playoff prediction. :(

The Koufos non-call was one of the worst I've witnessed in a long time, and it was goal tending by Noah, but if they didn't call it on the floor they can't review it but they did. Sad pandas all around.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

- Still waiting for the the casket falling on Terry GIF after he got dunked on like the Brandon Knight one

- Postgame Question last night:
Reporter : Did you see Terry coming down the floor?
Lebron: "Yeah I saw him.....He didn't see me "

Battier:
23 Game Win Streak Heat
22 Game Win Streak Houston
32 Game Win Streak @ Duke

That dude is a winner.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-19-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Thoughts on VC and his possible HOF resume..?

28th player to score 22,000 points. He has refined his game as he has aged and now he can shoot pretty well instead of just being that slasher guy.

Similiar career to Randy Moss in football as far as maybe not reaching his full potential but def does not have the Randy numbers...thoughtssss
VC is the Mike Vick of the NBA.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He killed dogs?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna ask a really dumb question, but do NBA teams not do physicals/screenings for player trades or pick-ups? I thought it was interesting that when Beanie Wells visited the Steelers they picked up on him having a bad knee, and won't sign him.

Yet when the Sixers traded for Andrew Bynum, did none of this take place? It seems like the knee issues he is having you would have easily been able to see back when the trade took place. Or am I missing something here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, they do physicals. Apparently the Sixers had Bynum cleared by 4 doctors.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Yes, they do physicals. Apparently the Sixers had Bynum cleared by 4 doctors.
Are the 4 doctors allowed in the 76ers facility anymore is the real question?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-19-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Don't like your tone...dont like it all man.....

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-19-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade really needs to stop ******* whining and get down the court.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

WWE Jim Ross calling Lebron Dunk on Terry

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-19-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm gonna ask a really dumb question, but do NBA teams not do physicals/screenings for player trades or pick-ups? I thought it was interesting that when Beanie Wells visited the Steelers they picked up on him having a bad knee, and won't sign him.

Yet when the Sixers traded for Andrew Bynum, did none of this take place? It seems like the knee issues he is having you would have easily been able to see back when the trade took place. Or am I missing something here?
yeah, that's why Tyson chandler isn't on the thunder right now.

I think there should be something in the CBA where they don't owe Bynum don't damn thing.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 03-19-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think there should be something in the CBA where they don't owe Bynum don't damn thing.
Yea because it seems ridiculous he got roughly 16 million dollars for zero minutes this year. Then again, if they did clear him some of that blame is on them. From what I remember his knees were a problem way back in October during Training Camp. There couldn't have been anything major that happened between the trade and that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Eh, possibly, but if it's their own doctors then it's their own fault. That's like saying a company isn't liable for the dumb decisions/mistakes that their employees make. If any of the doctors that cleared Bynum are employed by the Sixers, then they shouldn't have a job.

It's not like Bynum lied and his own doctors forged documents, and then the Sixers accepted it no questions asked. They knew the risk, and now they are paying for a bad gamble.

EDIT: Except for the bowling thing and his off the court actions, that should nullify things. But just him being injured previously and being cleared before the trade is all on them.

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 03-19-2013 at 03:54 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well my guess would be that Bynum didn't injure himself "bowling" and that he just said that so he wouldn't trigger any clauses in his contract, ala Kellen Winslow and the motorcycle accident.

As for the trade itself, the Sixers didn't really lose much (outside of Vucevic, who they shoulda kept anyway). They had been wanting to get rid of Andre Iguodala for some time already and this was basically a risky contract dump on their part. At the end of the day they shed that money off their books that they didn't wanna pay anymore, and now Bynum has made their decision for them as far as extending him.

I honestly wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole this offseason. I don't care how talented he is and how many doctors clear him, those knees are timebombs and for the kind of money he's rumored to want, i want no part of it, and i hope no other team does either. Give him a one or two year deal and see how he's recovering.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knicks? (10 char)