Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-19-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
EDIT: weird rankings, but I would LOVE for this Colts draft to happen. Too bad there is no chance in hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I don't usually like Hankins to the Colts, but in the 3rd, I wouldn't mind it at all. Great Colts draft that I highly doubt will ever actually happen.
Some of it is of course my own opinion, but I try to follow as much stock talk as I can. Hankins is a classic boom/bust DT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 03-19-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Meh Vikings mock. Datone Jones would piss me off. He'd be a poor fit for the Vikings as they don't really need a DE with Jared Allen, Brian Robison, and Everson Griffen all playing well, and him not being a 4-3 DT in anything more than just pass rushing situations. I like the trade down, and the picks of Sylvester Williams and Te'o in the 2nd round are excellent and Woods is a good pick. Glennon is ok. I like him as a developmental guy, but I don't think the Vikings would take him and there are better players available IMO. After taking Te'o, Bostic is redundant, although LB depth is needed, someone more versatile would be better. Akeem Spence is also redundant with the pick of Williams. Again, more DT depth could be used, but there are much bigger needs that have yet to be addressed. Gillislee is ok, but again, much bigger needs, such as the fact that you didn't address CB which was a need before the Vikings released Winfield, but it's now a huge need. A S alongside Harrison Smith would also be nice, as well as an OG to take over for Charlie Johnson or compete with him and Fusco would be nice as well.

I like a lot of the players you have the Vikings taking, but the biggest problem is you took two players that play the same positions when the need isn't there to take two guys at those positions that early, and you completely forgot about a huge need(CB). Really, by switching the first round pick from Datone Jones to Xavier Rhodes or Desmond Trufant, that would make the mock so much better, but it still wouldn't be perfect due to them taking 2 ILB and 2 4-3 NT.
Thanks for the feedback. I think Jones should go higher-he's very underrated. I'm not sure Allen and Robinson will around for much longer. Each have big contracts and are up after this season. I looked at CB but I thought the secondary played well last year? Robinson, Burton and Cook are all young guys.

Meant to say in the op that Bostic showed the speed to play outside or inside and S.Williams I'd consider more of a 3 tech DT.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no way arizona will reach that high up for cooper. if the draft plays out how you have it they should take jarvis jones as they could use an upgrade at OLB and he's decent value there. according to some people, lorenzo alexander might be the cards' starting olb. lorenzo alexander.

in the 2nd, i would rather them take terron armstead or another OL. with barkley still available in the 3rd in your mock that would be a better pick for arizona.

4th and 5th rounds are alright i guess, i prefer stepfan taylor over ellington though.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I'd rather have Star Lotulelei than Ansah.

And no CBs for the Bucs? Really?
I would prefer Ansah over Star. NT is not exactly a premium position think we can find one later in the draft and the heart condidtion is enough to scare me away, don't want any more defensive lineman with health issues. Assuming we take care of CB with the trade and add another one in free agency this is a pretty solid Buc's mock.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see any way Eugene Monroe would give up that price tag to move to the other side for a rookie.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I think Jones should go higher-he's very underrated. I'm not sure Allen and Robinson will around for much longer. Each have big contracts and are up after this season. I looked at CB but I thought the secondary played well last year? Robinson, Burton and Cook are all young guys.

Meant to say in the op that Bostic showed the speed to play outside or inside and S.Williams I'd consider more of a 3 tech DT.
I don't see anyway that the Vikings would let both Allen and Robison leave after the season, but I do understand your thinking. The secondary did play better last year, but a lot of that had to do with Winfield. Cook has only played 22 games in his 3 seasons due to injuries and legal problems, so they're gonna need depth depth behind him. Robinson played well for a rookie, and I think he's got a nice future, but Burton showed nothing last year. In a division with the Packers, Lions, and Bears, you're going to need much more at CB than Cook and Robinson and ... I think Bostic's best fit is in the middle, by a wide margin. He's a guy I like, but with the way the mock had played out, I think there are better picks out there. I could see Williams playing 3-tech, but for the Vikings he's be playing the nose spot with Kevin Williams still signed for another 2 years and still playing quite well as the 3-tech. Williams and Spence are both guys I like, again, I just think CB(especially), S, and OG need addressing.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This mock is terrible for the niners
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
0% chance the Browns trade down if Milliner is there, especially for only a third rounder.

Why do people keep having the Browns move down 5-6 spots for just a third rounder, the draft value chart may say that's what it is, but there is no way that would happen, it's not even near enough value to drop 6 spots at the top of the board...
I don't think there's a world of difference between Milliner and the corners available in the 2nd-3rd. For a team like Miami, though, with picks all over the place, it makes sense to go get the #1 guy. Your right, the value was off by nearly half, but the guys I was targeting for the Browns were more 3rd round values, so I looked at it as a big bargain for Mia. But fixed it now.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I stopped after seeing Elam to Dallas at 18. That's just terrible.

Werner would make more sense at 18 considering the switch to the 4-3 and it would allow Spencer to walk after the season or be traded prior to the season.
What's your knock on Elam? Or is it just love for Werner? You don't think Spencer could be a solid DE in a 43 and get a long term deal?

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid draft picks for sf. With the signing of Dawson for kicker. I doubt we draft one now.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Decent Miami draft, love Milliner in the first!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:33 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3. Oakland Raiders – Shariff Floyd* /DT-DE/ Florida:
Even with the recent signings of backups Walker and Sims, an elite interior pass rusher should still be high on their board. Floyd moves like an athletic DE and has the power of a plugging DT. Regarded as a sure top ten pick heading into the combine with Mayock and a few others thinking top 5. Tragic background that makes you root for him no matter what. NFL Comp. Darnell Dockett
They'd have an interior pass rush by kicking Lamarr Houston inside. I don't see the POA power you mention. Looks like a guy who gets moved if he can't shoot the gap.

I'm looking for an edge rusher or possibly an offensive player in Rd1.

Quote:
4. Oakland Raiders – Kiko Alonso /LB/ Oregon :
If he can convince teams his off field antics are entirely behind him, he could go here or higher with his talent.
We're cleaning out all the off field antics types. Can't see Kiki being a Reggie guy. Plus, we've been stocking up on LBs the last few days.

One of those TEs sure would look good here.

Quote:
3. Oakland Raiders – Leon McFadden /CB/ San Diego State:
Impressed senior week but must run well to maintain a high draft stock. NFL Comp. Leonard Johnson
Solid. Also wouldn't hate Dallas Thomas, Brian Winters, BW Webb, Akeem Spence, Phillip Thomas or Brandon Jenkins here.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid mock, i'd be happy with your Titans mock... but i'd prefer this:

1st: Ezekiel Ansah
2nd: Kawann Short
3rd: Barrett Jones
3rdC: DJ Swearinger
4th: Dallas Thomas
5th: Ryan Swope

I notice you have us taking a TE in the 3rd. I don't see this happening, we already have our "project" TE in Taylor Thompson. Signed Delaine Walker to replace Jared Cook and resign Craig Stevens last year. We have 3 worthy TEs already on our roster. Replace that 3rdC with Leon McFadden and it would be much better.
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
They'd have an interior pass rush by kicking Lamarr Houston inside. I don't see the POA power you mention. Looks like a guy who gets moved if he can't shoot the gap.

I'm looking for an edge rusher or possibly an offensive player in Rd1.

We're cleaning out all the off field antics types. Can't see Kiki being a Reggie guy. Plus, we've been stocking up on LBs the last few days.

One of those TEs sure would look good here.

Solid. Also wouldn't hate Dallas Thomas, Brian Winters, BW Webb, Akeem Spence, Phillip Thomas or Brandon Jenkins here.
EDITED

4. Oakland Raiders – Jamie Collins /OLB-DE/ Southern Miss:
Raw all around but has elite athleticism and can get into the backfield.

Agree on the character issues, especially after Rolondo. Secondary is a mess but Collins pass rushing and ridiculous athleticism might help more.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 03-20-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpmar9x View Post
Solid mock, i'd be happy with your Titans mock... but i'd prefer this:

1st: Ezekiel Ansah
2nd: Kawann Short
3rd: Barrett Jones
3rdC: DJ Swearinger
4th: Dallas Thomas
5th: Ryan Swope

I notice you have us taking a TE in the 3rd. I don't see this happening, we already have our "project" TE in Taylor Thompson. Signed Delaine Walker to replace Jared Cook and resign Craig Stevens last year. We have 3 worthy TEs already on our roster. Replace that 3rdC with Leon McFadden and it would be much better.
Thanks. Forget about Delanie. Changed it up. Daniel Jeremiah tweeted he thinks FS Thomas is a late 2nd mid 3rd so I moved him back up. With Williams, it's depth but I also think the Titans should flirt with a 34 scheme in the near future.

*35. Tennessee Titans – Phillip Thomas /S/ Fresno St:
Created a lot of buzz early but I don't think he goes as high as expected.

10. Tennessee Titans – Vince Williams /ILB/ Florida State:
Solid senior week and had a strong showing at FSU's pro day. Mayock mentioned he's probably a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 03-20-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With Williams, it's depth but I also think the Titans should flirt with a 34 scheme in the near future.
Alot of Titans fans have been wondering this as well. With Kam Wimbley and Akeem Ayers, we have our 2 OLBs already. Zach Brown can play ILB, would need another 34 ILB. Jurrell Casey and Derrick Morgan at 34 DE, would need a NT (Sammie Lee Hill?).

We could of done it this year. I expect we'll have another average year and Munchak will get the can. Wouldn't be surprised if our new HC brings in a 3-4 scheme.
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like pretty much any mock that gives the Bears Arthur Brown. I don't know who Marc Anthony is, but with Leon McFadden off the board, I'm not gonna be picky there. CB is definitely a need. There are guys that I'd prefer in the second, particularly Carradine, but there's nothing wrong with Frederick.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
I can almost guarantee the Jets won't trade up in this draft. We need more draft picks, not less. Warmack wouldn't be a horrible pick, but id really like to see them take a pass rusher at 9, guards are a dime a dozen. The rest of the picks seem alright though, Robinson swearinger and maponga rounds 3-5 would be fine by me.
EDITED: Basically, Scott for Geno and take another OLB with the pick from the Bucs. Took a look at some more cut ups of Scott and I think I like him a lot more then Manuel.

8. New York Jets - Matt Scott /QB/ Aizona:
Scott was considered the best thrower at the combine by more then a few observers. With the running QB trend, I'll think he'll come off the board much earlier then expected. NFL Comp. RG3

12. TRADE New York Jets (TB) – Corey Lemonier* /OLB-DE/ Auburn:
Revis eventually gets dealt for a 13 2nd and 14 1st. Lemonier has been one of the most consistent rushers in the country for awhile, and only fell off the second half of his senior season. NFL Comp. Shawn Merriman

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 03-20-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
Overall very good but I think Vance McDonald is a going to be a better scheme fit and a more likely pick than Sims. A little surprised you don't have us moving around the board given the number of picks we possess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Yeah safety needs to be addressed for San Fran a lot earlier. Also if they take a TE it is probably going to be an H back not a true TE. Williams is also a one dimensional NT that I don't see San Francisco taking. If they go DL it will be with someone that can play multiple spots.
No confidence in Dahl?

EDITED:

31. San Francisco 49ers – Kawaan Short /DT/ Purdue:
When his motors on, Short’s a top 20 guy. He could drop because of inconsistency but he'll probably generate buzz though senior week and the combine. Seattle could be interested in an upgrade for Branch beyond what they already have. NFL Comp. Shaun Rogers

31. San Francisco 49ers - Vance McDonald /TE/ Rice:
Impressed everyone in Mobile with his size and athleticism but is still a big project.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
It looks like Andre Smith will be back with hardly any other teams showing interest in him so Flucker would be out of the mix.

Ogletree works in the 2nd. Lemoiner not so much. It looks like they are going to shell out the Money to keep Johnson and Dunlap plus they just gave Geathers and Gilberry new year deals so that will knock a DE out of the 2nd round.

Thomas seems too small for the Bengals from a safety standpoint. They have preferred bigger safeties lately like Sands, Iloka, and Mays.

Barner is fine.

They just gave new deals to Huber and Nugent. They might bring in competition for Nugent but I see it as a UDFA.
EDITED:

23. Cincinnati Bengals – David Amerson*/S/ NC State:
First rounder as a junior and a late round guy as a senior. He’ll fair better as a safety.

23. Cincinnati Bengals - Landry Jones /QB/ Oklahoma:
Streaky but when he's on he's pretty good. could push for a bigger role in time.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 03-20-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Amerson doesn't really make sense for the Skins given Shanahans track record. He's only taken 1 true junior in his last 53 draft picks since 2005. I wouldn't mind taking Amerson by any means but from a realistic standpoint I see it as a pretty unlikely selection. Wreh Wilson (senior and two time captain) or Poyer (senior and 2012 team captain) may be more realistic options. Slay is a nice 3rd round pick (would be fine taking him in the 2nd even) and until we bring in another CB in FA then we definitely need to be drafting two. I'd prefer Duke Williams in the 4th, considering I'd take him in the 3rd without question and the Skins have apparently shown interest in him. Sanders Commings in the 4th would be great too. Don't know much about Campbell but if he's best player available at that point then I'm fine with the pick.
EDITED:

21. Washington Redskins – Johnthan Banks /S/ Mississippi St:
Stock now depends on how well he looks in Indianapolis. Well, safety now imo. NFL Comp. Eric Berry

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I like pretty much any mock that gives the Bears Arthur Brown. I don't know who Marc Anthony is, but with Leon McFadden off the board, I'm not gonna be picky there. CB is definitely a need. There are guys that I'd prefer in the second, particularly Carradine, but there's nothing wrong with Frederick.
I really like this guy. I'd love for my Browns to target him if they pass on a CB early.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Bums me out that with FS being the 49ers biggest need they only grab a Division II gamble in the 5th round.
EDITED. How about SEC?

31. San Francisco 49ers – Sanders Commings /S/ Georgia:
Super sized CB with straight line speed should make the move to S as a pro.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
EDITED:

23. Cincinnati Bengals – David Amerson*/S/ NC State:
First rounder as a junior and a late round guy as a senior. He’ll fair better as a safety.

23. Cincinnati Bengals - Landry Jones /QB/ Oklahoma:
Streaky but when he's on he's pretty good. could push for a bigger role in time.
My quick take on your Bengals picks...

Odds are pretty high the Bengals end up keeping Andre Smith. If not, Fluker makes a lot of sense in the 1st. Assuming they keep Andre, I think WR, S and LB are the 3 most likely positions. You have Patterson, Cyprien and Mingo going right after 21 and any of those guys would make sense for the Bengals.

As far as the other picks, I think Ogletree in the 2nd is a great fit. I don't really see it with Amerson. Bengals need a SS and while they want someone who can cover, past history suggests they prefer a physical thumper, not a finesse corner conversion like Amerson. Someone like Elam, Cyprien or Reed would be much more likely.

I don't know if Lacy will actually fall to the late 2nd, but I can't imagine the Bengals passing on him at 53.

The Bengals could end up drafting a DE/LB tweener if it is a guy who could convert to 4-3 SLB. But I'd be pretty surprised if they actually drafted a true DE in the first 3 rounds. They love both Michael Johnson and Carlos Dunlap and have the cap space to keep them long term. And they signed both backup DEs to 3 year contracts last week.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
32. Baltimore Ravens - Menelik Watson /OT/ Florida State:
Extremely raw but a tremendous talent for the position. I think they’d like to keep Oher on the right side.

32. Baltimore Ravens – Eric Reid* /S/LSU:
Reid’s stock is not up right now but with a good combine showing, he should start getting that buzz going again. NFL comp. William Moore

32. Baltimore Ravens - Chris Harper /WR/ Kansas State:
Bigger WR that showed impressive speed and above average route running senior week. NFL Comp. Chris Chambers

32. Baltimore Ravens - Josh Boyce /WR/ TCU:
I guy I've been liking all season but thought his speed would make him a late round pick. After blazing at Indy his stock is definetly up. Poor man's Anquan Boldin- Ravens shouldn’t be able to resist.

*33. Baltimore Ravens - Brandon Jenkins* /DE/ FSU:
Highly rated pre injury and could be a steal for whoever takes a chance.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Mario Benavides /OC/ Louisville:
Depth and insurance at OC.

*35. Baltimore Ravens - Will Davis /CB/ Utah St:
Followed up a rough senior week with a solid combine.
It's hard to make a meh/bad mock draft for Baltimore these days but you've done it.

Watson is pretty much the opposite of every pick Newsome has ever made in the first round. A late-riser that's inexperienced and has a ton of development left. Reid isn't terrible in the second round now that SS is a need. Harper is meh. Drafting another WR right after him is bad though. Jenkins is a good pick at that point. Benavides is meh. Interior OL depth is a need though. A CB doesn't make much sense even as a later round pick. The Ravens have 6 guys under contract at the position right now in Webb, Smith, Graham, Brown, Jackson, and Johnson. I'd say Johnson is expendable but they just re-signed him and seem to like him.

How does one not give the Ravens an ILB?
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote