Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-19-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patton Oswalt on Justified has been a great experience. Him and Olyphant together has been a great pairing too.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
House of Cards is great. Surprisingly so. I feel its only a matter of time before people here start giving it its full due.
I thought it was very good. Really liked it a lot. Left plenty of room for another season and was great on its own at the same time.

And another example of a show with pretty solid women characters if we want to bring that to this thread.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Patton Oswalt on Justified has been a great experience. Him and Olyphant together has been a great pairing too.
His torture scene tonight was pretty goddamn great. Awesome episode on the whole, shame it isn't watched by more people here though (jvig and diab are barely here anyway, they don't count).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'm almost done with The West Wing. About 12-14 more episodes to go.

It's taken quite a few months but it's been good stuff.
I've been watching it, slower than most shows I watch after theyre out. Think I'm halfway through season 5 or so. It's a great show, but nothing I'll rave about. I like all of the characters and the major stories, but so many of the episodes feel like just one week filler episodes trying to get closer to the beginning or the end of a season so they can get serious again.

Some episodes are fantastic. Some really good scenes of tv. If anything I'd just say each season is too long, but you'll have that with week to week dramas like this.

descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
why has nobody ever mentioned Shameless?
It was mentioned a few times (I'm pretty sure I posted about it the first night it came on).

It was hilarious, but it seems the concept is dead now. Basically, after season 1... it wasn't funny. It still has its moments, but in general, it's just not that good anymore. The shock value has worn off.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
House of Cards is great. Surprisingly so. I feel its only a matter of time before people here start giving it its full due.
I just got a free month of Netflix and we just started watching this. About 6ish episodes through it and we LOVE it so far. I haven't liked a new show this much since I first discovered Game of Thrones last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I just got a free month of Netflix and we just started watching this. About 6ish episodes through it and we LOVE it so far. I haven't liked a new show this much since I first discovered Game of Thrones last year.
I already had Netflix, but figured I might as well put it to use and give the show a chance, a choice I was glad to make. And House of Cards actually reminds me a lot of Game of Thrones, this version set in the modern American political system.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I've been watching it, slower than most shows I watch after theyre out. Think I'm halfway through season 5 or so. It's a great show, but nothing I'll rave about. I like all of the characters and the major stories, but so many of the episodes feel like just one week filler episodes trying to get closer to the beginning or the end of a season so they can get serious again.

Some episodes are fantastic. Some really good scenes of tv. If anything I'd just say each season is too long, but you'll have that with week to week dramas like this.
I agree with that almost entirely. If I had to give the series an overall grade seven seasons in I'd say probably a B-. Honestly, and I don't want to spoil anything for you, but the current election race now to me is MUCH more interesting. I've heard some people say it falls off at the end but I think it's the series at it's best. It's way more fast paced and interesting and doesn't feel like filler as you said.

Some of the episodes in the series are amazing and some, like you said, are just meh. I like most of the characters. I almost feel like the show is about Leo more than anyone. There's a lot of time where we really don't even see Bartlett, especially as the series goes on.

It's a TV show so I wish they would have just said screw it and bring in more of the dramatization we see in some episodes. Give me more national security issues, more high topic lawmaking debates, etc. That's what was awesome to me. I know Rosebud said that's what made it unrealistic (or something to that extent) but it's TV. That's the point of TV.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We Justified now, take your jibber jabber elsewhere.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

West Wing as a series is not a B-. Try A+++. I have no idea what you 2 are talking about.

Bartlett was never supposed to be the main focus of the show.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was like 3 episodes in to House of Cards and then got sidetracked with other things. I need to get back to it.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who gives The West Wing a B- is an idiot who deserves to be pushed off a cliff. Lookin at you Forenci.

And like GF said. President Barlett isn't the main focus of the show. He was never supposed to be.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They better make a season 2 of House of Cards. I completely agree with the comparison to Game of Thrones and in some ways I like House of Cards even more. There is not a single poor job done by any of the actors. As great as Robin Wright and Kevin Spacey are I was blown away by Corey Stoll as Peter Russo. I became a huge fan after his portrayal of Ernest Hemingway but he exceeded my very high expectations. Masterfully done. I can't recommend this show highly enough.

Since we are on the topic of West Wing I would say House of Cards is the better politic show in every way.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonzo, I looked it up when we started watching it and they already announced a second season and its currently in production

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Gonzo, I looked it up when we started watching it and they already announced a second season and its currently in production
Thank you Grizz! I mean with the way season 1 ended I thought that was the class but glad to see that confirmed. I am very excited to see what direction they take the show in for season 2.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with the West Wing being a B show. It's not great, but it's a nice solid, overly simplistic show, with solid characters. Plus for a sorkin love triangle it's not even terrible.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I think it would have been one of my all time favorite shows had it just been a 12 episode season. Just cut some of the filler episodes that don't really do anything to move the story forward.

Love all the major characters. Love the major stories that we get at the beginning and the end of the seasons. It's just the episodes in the middle that feel like theyre and hour of filler to try to get to the end of the season that I don't really like.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Anyone who gives The West Wing a B- is an idiot who deserves to be pushed off a cliff. Lookin at you Forenci.

And like GF said. President Barlett isn't the main focus of the show. He was never supposed to be.
I know...that's what I said, that he wasn't. I said Leo was the main focus, mostly. Odd how you guys didn't get that..

It's a good show. It's not bad by any means. I just think the ratio between episodes where I'm like, "Holy crap this is awesome" and episodes that are just filler or mediocre are too many.

It will probably be a B or B+ show by the time I'm done. I'm actually loving the final season. Much more fast paced and a lot of good episodes for my money.

I love most of the characters. The problem stems from boring and repetitive plots in many episodes.

I'm a fan of the show, don't get me wrong. I'd recommend for people to watch it for sure.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
His torture scene tonight was pretty goddamn great. Awesome episode on the whole, shame it isn't watched by more people here though (jvig and diab are barely here anyway, they don't count).
Hey I work seven days a week and am taking 17 credits this semester, I think I post quite a bit considering. And I always chime in with Justified talk. This show just has so many awesome characters. Even Colt was awesome last night. The set up for these last few episodes are going to be fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Since we are on the topic of West Wing I would say House of Cards is the better politic show in every way.
looooool, no.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
looooool, no.
Let me guess, you haven't watched House of Cards.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Let me guess, you haven't watched House of Cards.
I have. And I've seen The West Wing. There is no comparison between the two at all. The West Wing beats House of Cards at every level. Plot, characters, everything. It isn't close.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone here watch The Following with Kevin Bacon? Personally, I think thats the best damn show on TV right now.

Also -

Anyone else watch Southland, The Walking Dead or Vikings? I like all three and just want to see if anyone else here watches them too.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I have. And I've seen The West Wing. There is no comparison between the two at all. The West Wing beats House of Cards at every level. Plot, characters, everything. It isn't close.
Well I disagree and think the opposite is true. The West Wing is good though I actually enjoyed Sports Night more.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I enjoyed Sports Night more too, personally.

As far as Sorkin shows go that I've seen, I'd probably rate them:

Sports Night
West Wing
Newsroom