Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-20-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Power
Rookie

Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.

Mike Catapano had a very successful showing at Princeton Pro Day.

results were...

Ht: 6037
Wt: 271
Bench: 33 reps
Vertical: 37.5
3 Cone: 7.03
Shuttle: 4.21
Broad: 116
40: 4.69 and 4.75 (timed outside in cold weather with 20 mph winds)

Many teams attended, Eagles and Bengals had D Line coach present.

Catapano so far has had 6 teams who scheduled private workouts with him prior to his pro day

http://www.collegesportsdirect.com/V...50&vid=1968806

Last edited by Power : 03-20-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power View Post

results were...

Catapano so far has had 6 teams who scheduled private workouts with him prior to his pro day

Princeton has incredible indoor field house. Are you sure he did his runs outside??
Old 03-20-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Power
Rookie

Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.Power could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Princeton has incredible indoor field house. Are you sure he did his runs outside??
Yep...positive. I'm hearing it was the scout's request. But am not entirely sure of the reason. His 40 times indoors at Parisi last week were about a full tenth of a second faster. Was hoping to break 4.6 at pro day........Here is a video interview from after...u can hear the wind, plus its 40 degrees! But with those conditions his times are good considering. At Indy in a warm dome might be a bit more ideal but oh well.

Last edited by Power : 03-20-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

38 Reps for Star at his Pro Day.

and 5.15 40..not that it matters for a DT.

"Lotulelei also turned in a 30-inch vertical leap, 7.76 time in the three-cone drill, and 4.65 in the shuttle"

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 03-20-2013 at 02:03 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is great for Star.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

38 reps is more than i expected...dareus did 24, suh did 32, mccoy had 23, fairley 22, ngata 37

not that its all that relevant, just to put it in perspective with other top DTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
38 reps is more than i expected...dareus did 24, suh did 32, mccoy had 23, fairley 22, ngata 37

not that its all that relevant, just to put it in perspective with other top DTs
You seen his guns? I can't say I am surprised. I wonder how much he weighed.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He also had an 8'9" broad jump in addition to those numbers above and supposedly dominated the DT drills. I'm assuming he's climbed back into top 10 conversations.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont think he was really ever out of that conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
He also had an 8'9" broad jump in addition to those numbers above and supposedly dominated the DT drills. I'm assuming he's climbed back into top 10 conversations.
Like i said there may be a couple of teams that are scared away by the heart scare that came up but most teams i think will be glad to have him. I thought he should have produced more in the PAC-12 games i saw him play but that size and strength is unreal. Top 10 seems a lock.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. Top 10 is looking guaranteed.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i dont think he was really ever out of that conversation
The medical question marks were the thing possibly holding him back from the Top 10, but nothing on the football field was going to hold him from a high selection.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

results were...

Great Numbers. Why the hell did they run outside in freezing and windy weather though? ...imagine his time if they ran 40 indoors? even so he has first round numbers. Where he goes??? I say 3rd or 4th....but is a steal
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeFan View Post
Great Numbers. Why the hell did they run outside in freezing and windy weather though? ...imagine his time if they ran 40 indoors? even so he has first round numbers. Where he goes??? I say 3rd or 4th....but is a steal
Catapano has NFL measurables and looks like a guy that can be developed, but I still find his 12 sacks last season in the Ivy League with his BCS school physical tools not really that impressive.

He said he's been working out nine weeks to get ready for his pro day. That's insane.

Again I'll be more impressed if he makes an NFL team's final 53, or sticks on some team's practice squad as a rookie.

EDIT: So since Star's heart issues are in the past, is there a chance he's taken with the first pick overall??
Old 03-20-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm still scratching my head how this guy didn't get a combine invite.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to see Star have a good pro day. It really sucks he had to miss the combine.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'm still scratching my head how this guy didn't get a combine invite.
I heard something about because he was a late bloomer and didnt get much attention until his senior year and invites already pre-determined. Read that on some website. Too bad as he would be one of the top DEs there. Saw Seahawks personnel were there in pics from the pro day. I know thats your team =)
Old 03-20-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
I heard something about because he was a late bloomer and didnt get much attention until his senior year and invites already pre-determined. Read that on some website. Too bad as he would be one of the top DEs there. Saw Seahawks personnel were there in pics from the pro day. I know thats your team =)
Yeah. Seattle is my team by marriage if you will. I grew up in the Boston area.

for me the combine should be about the underdogs. We don't need to see what the obvious picks can do.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Power
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Catapano has NFL measurables and looks like a guy that can be developed, but I still find his 12 sacks last season in the Ivy League with his BCS school physical tools not really that impressive.

He said he's been working out nine weeks to get ready for his pro day. That's insane.

Again I'll be more impressed if he makes an NFL team's final 53, or sticks on some team's practice squad as a rookie.
I Just talked with a guy I know who is currently an NFL Scout and he said he would be surprised if Catapano gets drafted higher than round 4. =(

He followed that by saying Mike is probably a 1st or 2nd round talent and could make a great NFL player. But he said it doesnt matter how talented he is...he will be punished simply because he is from Princeton...says even if teams feel he is a 1st round talent they will try and steal him 4th or back. I hope he is wrong.

I know Mike personally and he is one of the mentally toughest athletes I have ever met in over 20 years of training athletes. Very focused. If you see this Mike congrats on a great Pro Day. Keep proving them wrong big man! Every team that passes on you gonna owe you an apology ;-)

Last edited by Power : 03-20-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Yeah. Seattle is my team by marriage if you will. I grew up in the Boston area.

for me the combine should be about the underdogs. We don't need to see what the obvious picks can do.
agreed. You guys will win Super Bowl. loaded front to back
Old 03-20-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Dunn, KR/WR Utah reportedly ran a 4.22 and 4.26. After analyzing the videos below, it's legit! I actually have him "slightly" slower.

Here are the full splits:

The rest of his numbers from this article (though probably not Official):

36" Vertical
10'1" Broad Jump
17 Reps

His 3-cone is in video below. I have him at 6.81.

Can't find an official height and weight, but he's listed at 5'10" 172.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Man I know a lot of people like Knile Davis and Dennis Johnson and I do as well, but the other Arkansas back should be getting more attention. Ronnie Wingo could be a steal for some team.

6'3 230 pounds, 4.46 forty yard dash. He stays healthy, I think he has a really nice career.
Wingo has horrible change of direction and no power. Great hands, though.

FB/H-Back in the NFL.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

results were...

Those would be good triangle numbers even if he were 20 pounds lighter.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

Latavius Murray, RB UCF

6'3-1/4", 224 (Texas vs Nation weigh-in)
4.45 40
36" Vertical
10'4" Broad Jump
6.8 3-cone
22 Reps

Sources:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,7195222.story
https://twitter.com/ShaunDePasquale/...15741254774784
Old 03-21-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarvis Jones with a 4.92 at his pro day.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote