Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-18-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The extra 3rd is so huge. That's the round we're taking Brian Winters in!

Hass was open to restructuring, so I'm not sure why they cut him instead. I wish him well though. I hope Fitz doesn't stop us from drafting a QB in the 4th or later.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only saw one game of Brian Winters at G, and it was against the best competition of the Sr Bowl...but I was less impressed than I had hoped to be. Saw several flaws. Of course he's used to LT, so maybe he needs time.

There's several guys I'd rather have, but some should be gone by our 3rd rnd picks. But we made some very good mid round OL picks, hard not to trust our 2 HOF coaches when it comes to that.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A guy we should bring in is WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, I wasn't a fan of his by any means when he was coming out of college when everyone was mocking him to us at the end of the first round.

But I think he's progressed a lot since he was coming out, he's got good size, good speed and he can make things happen after he gets the ball in his hands.

He really broke out in 11' nabbing 64 catches for 975 yards and 4 tds, and I think in the right environment he can turn into a very good WR. The guy has played well in Oakland where it's hard to do.

If we could get anything for Washington, I think DHB would be a rather lateral movement in terms of production, and he should come cheaper, and he's younger.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans Mock Draft

1:10 DE Ezekiel Ansah 6'5" 271 BYU
2:40 RG Larry Warford 6'3" 333 Kentucky
3:70 WR Aaron Dobson 6'3" 210 Marshall
3:97 CB BW Webb 5'10" 184 William & Mary
4: 107 S DJ Swearinger 5'11" 208 South Carolina
5: 142 WR Chris Harper 6" 229 Kansas State
6: 202 LB AJ Klein 6'1" 250 Iowa State
7: 216 TE Joseph Fauria 6'7" 259 UCLA
7: 248 DE Meshak Williams 6'3" 245 Kansas State

UDFA Signings
QB Collin Klein 6'5" 226 Kansas State
C Joe Madsen 6'4" 310 West Virginia
CB Nigel Malone 5'10" 178 Kansas State
DT Spencer Nealy 6'5" 277 Texas A&M
FB Travis Wilson 6'3" 255 Kansas State
ILB Will Compton 6'1" 232 Nebraska
OL Manase Foketi 6'5" 318 West Texas A&M
OLB Justin Tuggle 6'3" 240 Kansas State
Old 03-19-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tits sign Rob Turner. Competent G/C swing guy who has starting capability and most of all...should mean NO MORE AMANO!!! YES!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very nice signing, especially if Amano is now gone.

Gotta mean the Titans are zeroing in on DE with that first pick with the two dark horse positions being corner or WR.

Cordarrelle Patterson anyone??!?!??
Old 03-19-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At 10, my thinking is either best DE, Milliner if he drops, with WR as the darkhorse if there's no value at those other two spots. I would've said DT before we signed SLH, but I think they view him as a starter, and obviously Casey is entrenched as a starter as well. Martin will also get alot of snaps so I'm just not sure it makes sense at #10 with the number of snaps he would play.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah theres no need at all for a DT right now. Milliner is the only CB worth the #10 spot, but I don't think CB is a big need for us.

I'd love to trade down if possible.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I worry with on DE is the money they gave Wimbley just last year. Despite what I personally think about him, I could very well see the staff viewing him as not needing to be replaced, which would probably lead them to think we just need more quality depth behind him.

Or maybe his contract is easy to get out of, I'm honestly not sure.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Titans Mock Draft

1:10 DE Ezekiel Ansah 6'5" 271 BYU
2:40 RG Larry Warford 6'3" 333 Kentucky
3:70 WR Aaron Dobson 6'3" 210 Marshall
3:97 CB BW Webb 5'10" 184 William & Mary
4: 107 S DJ Swearinger 5'11" 208 South Carolina
5: 142 WR Chris Harper 6" 229 Kansas State
6: 202 LB AJ Klein 6'1" 250 Iowa State
7: 216 TE Joseph Fauria 6'7" 259 UCLA
7: 248 DE Meshak Williams 6'3" 245 Kansas State

UDFA Signings
QB Collin Klein 6'5" 226 Kansas State
C Joe Madsen 6'4" 310 West Virginia
CB Nigel Malone 5'10" 178 Kansas State
DT Spencer Nealy 6'5" 277 Texas A&M
FB Travis Wilson 6'3" 255 Kansas State
ILB Will Compton 6'1" 232 Nebraska
OL Manase Foketi 6'5" 318 West Texas A&M
OLB Justin Tuggle 6'3" 240 Kansas State
Is someone a K-State fan?

I don't know about a WR at 10, not totally against it...but to me it would seem that they'd be making up for lost time when we should have drafted a WR in the first round many years ago.

DE almost seems like the pick for us given all the moves made in FA.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping for Ziggy personally.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
The only thing I worry with on DE is the money they gave Wimbley just last year. Despite what I personally think about him, I could very well see the staff viewing him as not needing to be replaced, which would probably lead them to think we just need more quality depth behind him.

Or maybe his contract is easy to get out of, I'm honestly not sure.
I don't think this is much of an issue. The #10 in the draft is schedule to make sign around a 4yr 13m contract with 7.5m guaranteed. His rookie year he should make around 850k in salary and prorate the bonus over 4 years and thats 1.875m bonus each year. So his total cost would be 2.725m. That's not bad at all for a backup DE when we are saying 4-5 for Osi, Abraham, Freeney is cheap. In fact, the 10th pick would not scheduled to make over 3m until the 3rd year of the contract, when Wimbley would be 32 and could be cut at a cap number of $8.3m.

We've already given Wimbley 4.3m of his guaranteed so if we cut him now it'd result in 9.2 in dead money. There's an extra $2m built in somewhere in bonuses I think
Old 03-19-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Is someone a K-State fan?
You caught me. In all seriousness though, Chris Harper is a legitimate WR prospect. DE Meshak Williams is one of the quicker DEs in the class, he performed very very poorly at his pro day, which will cause him to drop. He was rarely asked to just go get the QB at Kansas State, they're defense calls for DE to contain and read the QB and any motion players prior to heading up field but when he headed upfield you could see a great burst. He's only 247, but he's got some solid moves to build upon.

In the UDFA's they're all high effort guys that you look for in UDFAs.
Klein isn't a typical drop back passer, but he's a try hard guy and his arm looks much improved during offseason workouts. He had the same hitch in his throw Tebow had and he has nearly eliminated it. His arm is much stronger than Tebow. He's a leader, will give you everything you have every play. That's the kind of guy I want as a 3rd QB.

CB Nigel Malone made some huge plays for Kansas State, he was projected as a 3rd rounder before the season. He ran a 4.47 @ the pro day at 5102 184, and has 12 ints in 2 seasons for the Wildcats. I think he really dropped off this season after a chance in defensive philosophy where the Cats basically seemed to be in Prevent the whole time. But he has credit for taking one INT back to house, and pretty much took a couple others. He also took one back at the East-West Shrine game. The guys a ballhawk and to me thats worth bringing into camp.

FB Braden Wilson to me is one of the most overrated FBs to come out. The guy can just annihilate people, and he can catch too. Odd fact: he played for a high school team that scored 72pts in the first quarter of a playoff game

Finally, OLB Justin Tuggle. What can you say about the son of ex-Falcon great Jessie Tuggle? This guy selflessly moved from QB to LB the summer before his senior year. He had started at Boston College as a QB before moving to Blinn CC after Cam left and came to KSU to play QB. The guy is still EXTREMELY raw, but he is a natural pass rusher and was great on blitzes so I think he could potentially be a great fit for our defense. With how far he came in so little time, he's worth bringing into camp in my opinion.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Any word on the Robert Turner contract? Wondering if we view him as a starter or backup?
Old 03-20-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One year, one and a half million.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Solid contract. Should be a useful swing guy. I still think one of the G/T guys in round 3 would be a nice selection.

Cut Amano!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I don't think we'll see Amano cut until after the draft, unless we have agreed to a contract with someone and need to make room prior
Old 03-20-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on if Turner is any good?
Old 03-20-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Any word on if Turner is any good?
From what I;ve heard he's pretty mean and nasty, but his physical tools are pretty limited.

He played LG and C for the Rams last season. Ourlads has him penciled in as our starting RG though
Old 03-20-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Wonder why we'd go for him over Brandon Moore?

Maybe the idea is to draft a guy hoping he has a long term future as a starter, but have a guy with experience like Turner for the short term. As long as its someone other than Amano lol
Old 03-20-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Wonder why we'd go for him over Brandon Moore?

Maybe the idea is to draft a guy hoping he has a long term future as a starter, but have a guy with experience like Turner for the short term. As long as its someone other than Amano lol
Probably considerably cheaper and also more versatile. Also like you said I'm still betting we pick OL somewhere in rounds 2-4. Maybe one of the G/T guys. If the rookie performs well in camp he starts and Turner is a swing backup, if not Turner starts in the short term. I'm assuming Moore would want to start wherever he went.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I know DT isn't a major need for us...but dammit I want you Star.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I know DT isn't a major need for us...but dammit I want you Star.
Please come join us on the Ansah bus, there's still plenty of room!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Please come join us on the Ansah bus, there's still plenty of room!
Oh believe me, I want Ziggy too.

If I hear Ziggy or Star called at 10...

Old 03-21-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Ziggy and Star are my 2 favs at this point. I'd take Ziggy based on the fact that I think DE is the biggest need now. But no way I'd complain if they took Star. After signing Hill, I hope they rule out the idea of drafting a DT. We could be super loaded at a position that rotates often. Maybe they'd give Klug DE reps. If we'd throw out some 3-4 fronts, I could see several guys working in positions there.