Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mailbag-Style Burning Questions

I don't want to make a thread for all of these but here are some questions I've been mulling over.

1) How high can Tavon Austin climb? 6? He's the best slot receiver prospect... ever (in the modern sense). He's the top playmaker in the draft by far. No blemishes as a prospect. The only concern is size - and his durability has been fantastic. Plus, guys with only size as a concern (ONLY size, not size + athletic/strength deficeincies), seem to usually translate.

To add on to that - there are a bunch of teams who would love to add him picking later in round one. Could a team like SF, STL, HOU, CIN, CHI, or DAL trade up into the top 15 for him?

And a last part, could Patterson elicit a trade-up as well?

I'm not quite thinking a Julio-haul, but a similar ballsy move for a contender to move up for a top WR.

I'm looking at you, SF. And you NE. And you Houston. It worked in Atlanta, it's a matchup league, and all three need vertical WRs.

2) What's the status of Jason Peters as it relates to the Eagles taking an OT at pick No. 4? And would they do that even though LT isn't as important in Kelly's quickstrike offense? This question has many layers. Cap numbers, RT situation, and the idea that Fisher would indeed be the BPA at that slot.

In the end I don't think they value the position enough. But I'm no doctor. And I don't have the details of Peters' contract.

3) Is David Amerson really being considered as a FS by NFL teams?

He has the ability, I think. Anybody?

4) What RBs could be drafted to start (1a or 1b, most NFL teams have two starters in reality) right away? Besides Lacy, who are teams like the Rams, Bengals, Jets, Steelers, Chargers, and Packers going to target in the 2nd-3rd round. They all NEED starters (1a or 1b). Is Franklin expected to be that guy? Bell? Michael? Bernard? Etc. I've never seen so many teams with a PRESSING need at RB.

I like Bernard. I think he might be the answer. But you'd need to pair him with a big back as he's probably a 13-16 touches a game guy.

But the rest I'm iffy on which is why I actually think Eddie Lacy's value is higher than people think. There's a big demand for starting RBs this year and the supply for RBs isn't great - maybe I'm wrong - prove to me who could be a starter in this class.

In fact, the idea that RBs are easy to find is slowly being proven untrue - if they're so easy to find - where are they!? A bunch of teams simply can't find them at all.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote