Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really think 3 qb's are going in the first and that team who want barkley and manual will be trading back into the middle of round 1

#1 scenario would be jax trading back into the 1st giving us their #1 pick in the 2nd and a future first... which will more than likely be a top 5 pick.

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting a future first and all those comp picks in what looks like a better draft would be so sexy and huge.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
i really think 3 qb's are going in the first and that team who want barkley and manual will be trading back into the middle of round 1

#1 scenario would be jax trading back into the 1st giving us their #1 pick in the 2nd and a future first... which will more than likely be a top 5 pick.
Certainly would be nice, but I really doubt it. They're also not dumb enough to think it won't be a top 5 pick. With the first pick in the 2nd round they can get to somewhere like 22-25ish giving up their 2nd,3rd, and 4th this year if they really want to get a QB.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I'd like to see Worilds and Carter fully healthy to make judgements on them. Carter had a great camp but got hurt early. Worilds showed flashes but still hasn't played much. This is a put up or shut up year for him. Tomlin loves him. I don't think we spend a high pick on a pass rusher unless one falls. I'd also like to see what Adrian Robinson can do on defense if he improves.
I don't like to judge people without a full season of starter time to see what they have, but I'm also not ready to trust our pass rush with someone that were just giving a chance.

It would be a massive risk to go into the season with Woodley, Worilds, and Carter without some more help. If they can't get it done, the defense fails.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope they bring back harrison and draft his heir, i have no faith in worilds at all, i hated him when he was picked and hes shown nothing but disappointing progress since day one. Carter just looks too small
Old 03-21-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I don't like to judge people without a full season of starter time to see what they have, but I'm also not ready to trust our pass rush with someone that were just giving a chance.

It would be a massive risk to go into the season with Woodley, Worilds, and Carter without some more help. If they can't get it done, the defense fails.
lets be honest tho...

our pass rush last year was the worst in the league according to PFF..

and our defense, while not spectacular, was good enough for us to make the playoffs and potentially make a run

i cant see it being worse

Old 03-21-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Certainly would be nice, but I really doubt it. They're also not dumb enough to think it won't be a top 5 pick. With the first pick in the 2nd round they can get to somewhere like 22-25ish giving up their 2nd,3rd, and 4th this year if they really want to get a QB.
i doubt it too, but teams do funny things when they think that qb they like is "the one"

Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarvis Jones apparently had a bad Pro Day, hope he keeps sliding!

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He, like Tony Jefferson, are better football players than testers.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

his massive dreads obviously weighing him down

in all seriousness, thats gotta be difficult to fit into a helmet and have the helmet still fit right. i remember when i shaved my head during the season and just losing that bit of hair almost made me switch helmet sizes for a time being

shits just gotta be awkward

Old 03-22-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

and apparently we are interested in freeny

wouldnt hate it

Old 03-22-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

That would be interesting. He could be a guy that signs late and cheap.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

if we had the cap room id give a 2nd to the chiefs for albert... plus a 4th next year

Old 03-22-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
if we had the cap room id give a 2nd to the chiefs for albert... plus a 4th next year
Hmm, I'm not sure, I like him as a player but I dunno if I'd give up that for him. Three straight second rounders on OTs might be too much. If any of them had the versatility to kick inside to guard, I might be interested, but Albert is firmly opposed to it, and Adams is basically an OT only IMO, leaving only Gilbert for it.

That being said, Albert would be an immediate upgrade at LT over Gilbert, who could be our swing tackle and that would give us much better depth, so who knows. At this point, however, I think I'd rather keep the pick.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick Mock:

1: Cordarelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee
2: Arthur Brown - ILB - Kansas State
3: Montee Ball - RB - Wisconsin
4: D.J Swearinger - DB - South Carolina
5: Cornelius Washington - OLB/DE - Georgia
6: Mychal Rivera - TE - Tennessee
7: Ryan Griffin - QB - Tulane
7: Michael Mauti - ILB - Penn State
Old 03-22-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I'd rather have Starks for the minimum and a 2nd rounder. Albert is going to want paid as well as having to give up the pick.

Love seeing 2 QBs going in Scott's latest mock. Push more good players further down the board to 17.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Season highlights to help with the boring-ness of the off-season:

Gonna miss Wallace, but oh well.
Heath :'(

Mendy :'(

Rainey :'(

Wallace :'(

If Wallace wasnt so arrogant, id be missing him alot more right now, douchebag.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Heath :'(

Mendy :'(

Rainey :'(

Wallace :'(

If Wallace wasnt so arrogant, id be missing him alot more right now, douchebag.
Yeah, he sort of became a douche later on, but still, great weapon to have.

I think Mendenhall will also be one of the most underrated signings this off-season. He's quite talented as a RB, and despite the fact that most of Steeler Nation hates him for not being a slow power runner, he was the best runner we had. Shame he sort of quit on the team, but he was put in the doghouse and not all guys react favorably to that.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Quick Mock:

I'd cream my pants if those were our two first picks. Montee Ball just doesn't excite me though, I think he's basially Mewelde Moore 2.0. Sort of does everything right, but isn't very physically gifted. I'd rather have Mike Gillislee later on if that's the kind of back we're looking for.

As for the third round, I'd rather have Le'Veon Bell, Corey Lemonier, Marquise Goodwin (yeah, two WRs with top 3 picks, speed kills!) or even QB Tyler Bray. Patterson and Goodwin with Brown and Sanders, dreamy.

Don't really know much about Swearinger but I agree that a DB might be a good pick around there. Or maybe TE Dion Sims. Big guy, we're apparently interested in him.

Love Cornelius Washington, and the late picks, well until we know who we're bringing in for visits, they're crapshoots haha. But we have two sixths instead of two sevenths!

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

According to a report on Steelersdepot we're interested/meeting with Urlacher. Not a legit source, though.

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 03-22-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the source is flimsy. Not sure if he would be a good 3-4 convert anyway
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:44 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

It always worked on Madden.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Quick Mock:

Patterson scares me, but I'm willing to see if it works out with him. Dude is a playmaker. I see no way Arthur brown is there in the second. If we want him and can't trade down, 17 is where we might have to take him. I like montee ball, but he has a lot of mileage on those legs and body. Not sure he'll be effective for long. Swearinger is my dude. Would love his nastiness in our secondary. Could play both safety spots. After his work out, I also see no way Washington is there in the fifth. Love mauti and that Tulane qb is intriguing.

I'd love it if this happened, but very unrealistic that they would be there. Never know, though.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It always worked on Madden.
LOL

I don't think its going to happen anyway. He turned down 2 mil to stay with the Bears and I think we are 3 mil under the cap? It would be cool though to see him in black and gold, even if he's not the same player he once was.

Anyway, here's a quick mock.

1. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
2. Robert Woods, WR, USC
3. Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
4. Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse
5. Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn St.
6. Joe Kruger, DE, Utah
6. Le'Von Bell, HB, Michigan State
7. Levine Toilolio, TE, Stanford
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

He's probably going to play for the minimum somewhere. Every report has said there's almost no interest.

And I'd love Jones, but I'm convinced that's a pipe dream. As is Bell in the 6th. I'd love to get Woods though.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 03-23-2013 at 05:37 PM.