Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-21-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
It's hard to make a meh/bad mock draft for Baltimore these days but you've done it.

Watson is pretty much the opposite of every pick Newsome has ever made in the first round. A late-riser that's inexperienced and has a ton of development left. Reid isn't terrible in the second round now that SS is a need. Harper is meh. Drafting another WR right after him is bad though. Jenkins is a good pick at that point. Benavides is meh. Interior OL depth is a need though. A CB doesn't make much sense even as a later round pick. The Ravens have 6 guys under contract at the position right now in Webb, Smith, Graham, Brown, Jackson, and Johnson. I'd say Johnson is expendable but they just re-signed him and seem to like him.

How does one not give the Ravens an ILB?
I went thru a few changes with these picks and could have sworn I had an ILB in there somewhere. Although I do think McClain & McClellan are underrated. Hard to say just how much of a late riser Watson is to NFL clubs. But it does seem like he's a lock first rounder.

EDITED

32. Baltimore Ravens - Kevin Reddick /ILB/ North Carolina:
Solid but unspectacular inside LB does a little bit of everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I went thru a few changes with these picks and could have sworn I had an ILB in there somewhere. Although I do think McClain & McClellan are underrated. Hard to say just how much of a late riser Watson is to NFL clubs. But it does seem like he's a lock first rounder.

EDITED

32. Baltimore Ravens - Kevin Reddick /ILB/ North Carolina:
Solid but unspectacular inside LB does a little bit of everything.
Watson still doesn't fit the profile of the typical first pick for the Ravens. Ozzie always likes to get an established guy first. Looking back the only exception to that theme might be Flacco. And even that's a stretch.

McClain is coming off of a spinal cord injury and he's honestly not that good. I think he's going to start if healthy but I'm not expecting much. McClellan plays the SAM LB position. He's pretty good in that role and I don't expect him to play any ILB from here on out. They didn't even use him there when Lewis, McClain, and Ellerbe were out with injuries. EDIT - Apparently Harbaugh said that McClellan was going to exclusively be playing ILB going forward so disregard what I typed before lol. Even still I think ILB is just as big of a need. The Ravens have 3 young(ish) guys that can play there in McClain, McClellan, and Bynes but all of them are more in the thumper mold that needs a rangy counterpart.

Reddick isn't the type of ILB the Ravens should be looking for to play next to McClain. Reddick is more of a thumper type which is the only role that McClain can have any kind of success in so a player that's fits more of a WILL role (that's even what the Ravens refer to the position as) would be better. At that point there isn't really anybody (good) left that fits that description though.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 03-21-2013 at 11:10 PM.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDITED

1 - 21. Cincinnati Bengals - Jonathan Cyprien /S/ FIU:
Cyprien looks like a CB in drills at 6'1 209. NFL Comp Morgan Burnett
*previous D.J. Fluker

1 - 22. St. Louis Rams - D.J. Fluker* /OT-OG/Alabama:
Good coaching and D.J.'s a sure pro bowler.
*Jon Cyprien

2 - 1. TRADE San Diego Chargers (JAC) –
Terron Armstead /OT/ Arkansas Pine-Bluff:

Held his own at post season all star practices at LT and OG, then blew up the combine.
*previous Deandre Hopkins

2 - 4. Detroit Lions – D.J. Hayden /CB/ Houston:
Stock catapulted recently and the only thing holding him back is the med check on his injury. NFL Comp.
*previous Jamar Taylor

2 - 11. Miami Dolphins – Justin Pugh /OT/ Syracuse:
Knocked for his measurables at Mobile but looked like one of the best OTs there. NFL Comp. Eric Steinbach
*previous Terron Armstead

2 - 13. Carolina Panthers – DeAndre Hopkins* /WR/ Clemson:
Hopkins is loved by some but I’m not quite as high on him but he’s got great ball skills, quickness and the mindset of a #1 WR. NFL comp. Nate Burleson
*previous Quinton Patton

2 - 15. San Diego Chargers – Quinton Patton /WR/ Louisiana Tech:
Not fast but great feet and stop and start ability with solid size and catches everything. NFL Comp. Donald Driver
*previous Justin Hunter

2 - 16. St Louis Rams – Larry Warford /OG/ Kentucky:
Looked like a first round guy in Mobile..on the field, not the weigh in. NFL Comp. Andre Smith
*previous Justin Pugh

3 - 16. St. Louis Rams – Shamarko Thomas /S/ Syracuse:
Created a lot of buzz in Indy even with a faceplant.
*previous Khaseem Greene

4 - 5. Minnesota Vikings (DET)– Xavier Gooden /LB/ Missouri:
Undersized blazer creating some buzz but I seem to remember him losing it a couple seasons back and throwing a punch at a guy he couldn’t get to the ground that he was trying to tackle?
*previous Jon Bostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
BigBearFan
Rookie

BigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

My negative feedback -
1. Although I would agree that the Bills are a strong contender to grab Nassib, I would be very much surprised if they trade up into the 1st round to get him.
2. I would be shocked if Ogletree drops down to the 2nd round in anyway shape or form.

My positive feedback -
1. It's never easy doing a mock longer than 3 rounds, so I have to tip my hat with the amount of details and stats that you provided.
2. The Bears' picks are pretty RIGHT ON THE $$$ in accordance to our needs (IMO) - so nice work there !
BigBearFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
10. TRADE Green Bay Packers (BUF)– Brian Schwenke /OC/ California:
Mayock gushed about him all senior week. NFL Comp. Ryan Kalil

25. Green Bay Packers – Eddie Lacy*/RB/ Alabama:
Superbly talented but also playing behind a phenomenal line. Still his feet, agility and speed at 220+ is special. And he comes with a ready made catch phrase. NFL Comp. Steven Jackson

9. TRADE Green Bay Packers (BUF) – Kiko Alonso /LB/ Oregon :
If he can convince teams his college off field antics are entirely behind him, he could go here or higher with his talent.

26. Green Bay Packers – Brennan Williams /OT/UNC:
Coming back from injury, if everything works out, could wind up a steal.

25. Green Bay Packers – Sam Montgomery* /DE-OLB/ LSU:
So much for telling the truth in interviews. LSU coaches criticism adds to concerns over character along with poor junior season. NFL comp. (taller) Brandon Graham

26. Green Bay Packers – William Ghoulston /DE/ Michigan State:
Prototypical 34 DE on the surface but just doesn't do enough.

*34. Green Bay Packers – T.J. McDonald /S/ USC:
Knocked for being Taylor Mays v2 but has looked good in every post season evaluation so far.
I'd take that in a heartbeat, but this team HAS to improve it's defense on every level.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Keenan Allen* /WR/ California:
Allen’s worth a top ten pick imo. His stock might take a hit if he recovers slowly from his late season knee injury and Patterson/Austin blaze. NFL Comp. Javon Walker

Yay. He's got to be the pick here

25. Minnesota Vikings (SEA) – Datone Jones /DE-DT/ UCLA:
Already had Jones as a 2nd rounder before Mobile where he crushed it. Any team, running a 34 or 43, in need of more pass rush should find it hard to pass him up. NFL Comp. Cameron Jordan

Nay. I'd prefer to beef up the DT position. Jesse Williams, please.

22. Minnesota Vikings – Manti Te'o /LB/ Notre Dame:
Imo, it’s becoming clearer that Teo’s role in the most bizarre pre draft controversy ever was of a gullible nice guy, rather then an unstable certified weirdo. But I think he’ll drop none the less. NFL comp. Rey Mauluga

Yay. Love this pick in the 2nd. Speilman loves his golden domers.

21. Minnesota Vikings – Mike Glennon /QB/ NC State:
I was initially impressed how Glennon had come along this past season...then I took a look at him vs Virginia and it all fell apart-ditto his bowl game. Might pick up big numbers in the right offense but will probably never shake the tendency to make unforced mistakes. Buyer beware. Most damning thing being talked about him is that he might not be a leader. NFL Comp. Derek Anderson

Nay. I'd not a total Ponder-apologist, but Speilman won't draft another QB until next year at the earliest. I'd rather use this pick on Barrett Jones or Brian Winters to solidify our O-Line or perhaps another WR like Wheaton, Bailey, or Goodwin. Hell, maybe even Kaseem Greene.

5. Minnesota Vikings (DET)– Xavier Gooden /LB/ Missouri:
Undersized blazer creating some buzz but I seem to remember him losing it a couple seasons back and throwing a punch at a guy he couldn’t get to the ground that he was trying to tackle?
*previous Jon Bostic

Yay. I dig it.

23. Minnesota Vikings – Akeem Spence* /DT/ Illinois:
Built like a fire hydrant and could learn to be effective 43 nose.

Yay. Even if the Vikes were to take Williams in the 1st, I would be in favor of this.

22. Minnesota Vikings - Mike Gillislee /RB/ Florida:
Does everything well and has looked good in post season evals but is still under the radar.

Yay. Sure, why not?

Last edited by The_Dude : 03-30-2013 at 09:33 AM.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote