Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
He doesn't give a ****. He's the owner. There's no magnitude for him. He is the magnitude. He can't get fired.

And I don't think it's 100% personal. I think Idzik is wary of an extension too for the reasons I stated.

It really is Mr. T's fault.
Oh I understand that Woody can do whatever the hell he wants, but it doesn't make it any more intelligent of a business decision or make him any better of an owner. To me, personal stuff has to be kept out of business decisions. If there's other reasons, fair. I still think they can suck next year, drop their big contracts with average players after 2014, and build around a rookie QB, Revis, their young DL, and Brick/Mangold. The QB won't need a new contract till the end of the Revis deal anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I doubt it. I don't think Woody is pulling the strings as much as some people here are assuming. What's more likely the case is that Tampa hasn't actually given that offer yet. We'll see what happens this week. I'm sure a lot of headway was made behind the scenes at the owner's meeting.
If it's a real offer (and I'm skeptical), Idzik probably isn't in a rush to take it. The 2014 draft is literally 13 months away, and they've got like 7 months left to trade Revis. Unless he thinks the offer is going to go away, no harm in sitting around for a little while and seeing if something better comes along.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote