Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-21-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He was absolutely raking in the WBC.
And he was pretty solid after he was traded to you guys last season...

But what he was doing with the Marlins beforehand and pretty much ever since he got his contract..pathetic...All of the 306 Marlin fans down here hate him.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
And he was pretty solid after he was traded to you guys last season...

But what he was doing with the Marlins beforehand and pretty much ever since he got his contract..pathetic...All of the 306 Marlin fans down here hate him.
Yeah I knew when we got him last year it was gonna be boom or bust for him. I knew that a lot of times a change of scenery for guys like that help a ton....or he could continue being a piece of ****....luckily he changed a little bit. Hopefully he buys into Donny B and Big Mac's approach this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are the Dodgers going to be a major dissapointment this year?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Are the Dodgers going to be a major dissapointment this year?
As long as Kemp stays healthy, they should be rolling.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-21-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, this team lives and dies with Kemp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greinke's elbow issue better be nothing serious. I'm bummed because I was planning to go to the second game of the season against SF to see Greinke pitch, but it looks like he'll be a scratch.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackie Bradley Jr. should stay in the Major Leagues the entire year. Screw the whole MLB service thing. I think by the year 2018 you will have room to sign him long term.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Jackie Bradley Jr. should stay in the Major Leagues the entire year. Screw the whole MLB service thing. I think by the year 2018 you will have room to sign him long term.
I am torn on this... I don't want him to come up when is not ready and stunt his growth but the kid has been raking all spring.

I say just cut douchebag Gomes and keep Bradley up.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They won't cut Gomes when he's owed $10 million for the next 2 years. Bardley will be the starting CF next year when Ellsbury walks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Prior is still playing ? woah

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
They won't cut Gomes when he's owed $10 million for the next 2 years. Bardley will be the starting CF next year when Ellsbury walks.
I know. I just hate Gomes with a fiery passion. He is one of two athletes I would go out of my way to punch in the face if I saw them walking down the street.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I know. I just hate Gomes with a fiery passion. He is one of two athletes I would go out of my way to punch in the face if I saw them walking down the street.
Understandable. He is quite the douche.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

This is actually what started the hate. I can't imagine what Coco would think of the signing if he was still on the team.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, why the hell isn't Aroldis Chapman starting? That would've been so much fun. I don't care if he wants to be a closer, **** that.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
So, why the hell isn't Aroldis Chapman starting? That would've been so much fun. I don't care if he wants to be a closer, **** that.
I don't think the kid knows how to pitch yet. He would burn his arm out pretty quickly as a starter.

Plus he is so shutdown @ the back of that bullpen.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-22-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who is the other?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think the kid knows how to pitch yet. He would burn his arm out pretty quickly as a starter.

Plus he is so shutdown @ the back of that bullpen.
I may be wrong as baseball is not a sport I know that much about, but I think you need to take the shot at making him a starter. Aren't closers relatively unimportant and ridiculously overrated anyway?
Old 03-22-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I may be wrong as baseball is not a sport I know that much about, but I think you need to take the shot at making him a starter. Aren't closers relatively unimportant and ridiculously overrated anyway?
Yes, you are correct.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
You know more than you realize.

As for Chapman I'd have at least given him 1 full year of starting just to see what happens. The problem is that he throws and doesn't pitch though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Who is the other?
Brandon Meriweather
Old 03-22-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
I guess I am part of the select few who believe having a Closer that is 1-2-3 is a huge advantage.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-22-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I guess I am part of the select few who believe having a Closer that is 1-2-3 is a huge advantage.
Its helpful but if you have a shot at a great starter or a dominant closer which are you going to chose?
Old 03-22-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Its helpful but if you have a shot at a great starter or a dominant closer which are you going to chose?
Starter.

But with someone like Chapman - it is obvious he is still learning how to pitch. Not the right time.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-22-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not if said closer is capable of giving you 200 innings of great pitching. Whether or not Chapman is capable of that has yet to be seen, but a good SP is more of an advantage than a great closer.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Starter.

But with someone like Chapman - it is obvious he is still learning how to pitch. Not the right time.
The problem is that he's not going to do much 'learning' as long as he stayed in the closer role. Eventually, there has to be some trial by fire where you just throw him out there. Ideally, that would have been last year, in the minors.