Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-19-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I just think it's ironic that more then likely Geno won't make it past #7 but everyone was so concerned that he wasn't worth the #1 pick. He's going to end up really good if he goes to Cleveland or Arizona IMO.
Rumors have him going top ten. He hasn't yet. Clausen, Quinn, Leinart, Rodgers were all projected top 10 and fell.

I still think it's possible Jacksonville is interested in him in the 20s or at No. 33, not No. 2.

Andy Reid flat-out said NO to him. That's all we know. Gus Bradley is PUBLICLY gushing about him. That's... ...interesting. Shcefter's report definitely bodes well for Smith, but I've seen this play out before.

It only takes one team, and maybe he's interviewed extremely well.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Rumors have him going top ten. He hasn't yet. Clausen, Quinn, Leinart, Rodgers were all projected top 10 and fell.

I still think it's possible Jacksonville is interested in him in the 20s or at No. 33, not No. 2.

Andy Reid flat-out said NO to him. That's all we know. Gus Bradley is PUBLICLY gushing about him. That's... ...interesting. Shcefter's report definitely bodes well for Smith, but I've seen this play out before.

Leinart did go in the top ten, and shouldn't have. Rodgers didn't go in the top ten and should have. I have no doubt he is going in the top ten.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-19-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Completely agree. I think all the teams showing strong interest are also very interested in trading down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Completely agree. I think all the teams showing strong interest are also very interested in trading down.
I think it's Cleveland that pulls the trigger on him.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
That doesn't make any sense. There are way to many teams bunched together at the top for a team to trade down and hope to get him.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not only did Reid say no, but he said he'd rather have Alex Smith.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't make a difference who went where inmorevious drafts. You have to consider team needs as well as the QB class of this year.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be surprised if Geno doesn't go top 4. I guarantee he doesn't fall below 8.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
That doesn't make any sense. There are way to many teams bunched together at the top for a team to trade down and hope to get him.
Not trading down to take him. Just trading out of the top ten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the Geno to Jacksonville rumors if for no other reason that it doesn't snow in jacksonville.

"The football Gods brought snow"

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/syrac...and-snow-38-14

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
I'd be surprised if Geno doesn't go top 4. I guarantee he doesn't fall below 8.
I see the Bills making a move to get into the top 5 to jump Cleveland. If not he'll got to Cleveland.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I see the Bills making a move to get into the top 5 to jump Cleveland. If not he'll got to Cleveland.
I'd be surprised if the Browns, even with a new regime, don't give Weeden at least one more season. I wonder if the new coach has enough leverage to take another quarterback in the first round right after the organization just did the year prior.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I'd be surprised if the Browns, even with a new regime, don't give Weeden at least one more season. I wonder if the new coach has enough leverage to take another quarterback in the first round right after the organization just did the year prior.
I don't think Lombardi was a fan of Weeden during the draft process last year, and he won't hesitate to go in a different direction if there's a quarterback he likes. What the organization did in years past will have no barring on the decisions made for this draft.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...aft-geno-smith

Quote:
Arians was very open when asked whether Smith compares to Luck and the other top rookies quarterbacks from 2012.

"Athletically, yes," Arians said. "He can throw the football and he obviously had a great workout the other day. The guys that were in the combine last year, all of them when they left the room, you went, 'Wow.' No one in this draft made me go, 'Wow.' Now, can they throw the football? Yeah."

Throwing the football isn't enough. Arians made that clear.

"Did not go to his workout," Arians said of Smith, "but on tape he can make every throw. He is athletic and he has a big arm, good release, fairly accurate, but the time of putting him on the board and all those things is still happening soon.

"He has got the skill set as many guys have skill sets. You don’t play the game with that skill set. The two muscles that you play quarterback with you can’t evaluate. The brain and the heart. That is a winning quarterback. Until you get in the huddle with them, you don’t know what you have."
Old 03-22-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sounds like he feels Geno has a bit of Russell, Leftwich, and Boller in him.

On the flip side, coaches who lean too heavily toward the brains aspect of the game when looking for a QB are often left empty-handed as they recycle guys like Bruce Gradkowski and other all-brains, no-braun QBs until the coach is finally fired. You can't get too smart as a coach (see Jon Gruden).

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Sounds like he feels Geno has a bit of Russell, Leftwich, and Boller in him.

On the flip side, coaches who lean too heavily toward the brains aspect of the game when looking for a QB are often left empty-handed as they recycle guys like Bruce Gradkowski and other all-brains, no-braun QBs until the coach is finally fired. You can't get too smart as a coach (see Jon Gruden).
LOL. That's funny since those three players weren't even mentioned in the article, least of all by Arians.

Arians main point was that Geno Smith had the skillset and measurables to play in the NFL, but there's no way to measure a player's heart and mind until you get them in the huddle.
Basically he said nothing definitive about how he rates Geno as a potential draft pick for the Cards because supposedly the Cards are still in player evaluation mode(yeah right). Bunch of coach-speak to feed the reporters.

What stood out most from that interview, if you believe Arians, is the new HC is really high on Drew Stanton.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From rotoworld

Pro Football Weekly's scouting report on West Virginia QB Geno Smith rips the former Mountaineers star's work ethic and demeanor, and calls him a product of coach Dana Holgorsen's offensive system.
PFW's Nolan Nawrocki is the same draftnik who shredded Cam Newton for a "fake smile" before the 2011 draft. Among many other criticisms -- accessible at the link below -- Nawrocki accuses Smith of being "Not a student of the game" and a quarterback who "does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire." Per Nawrocki, Smith is "not committed or focused" with a "marginal work ethic." The home-run sentence is this: "A cross between Akili Smith and Aaron Brooks, Smith is a gimmick, overhyped product of the system lacking the football savvy, work habits and focus to cement a starting job and could drain energy from a QB room."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...outing-reports

Quote:
Positives: Has a strong arm and can rifle the ball with good velocity into tight windows. Can throw with accuracy on the move and layer the deep ball. Good overall accuracy, ball placement and touch, especially on the fade route. Throws a very catchable ball — spins it tightly. Good escapability — can sidestep the rush, find an open throwing window and extend plays with his feet when needed. Outstanding straight-line speed — clocked the best 40-yard time (4.56 seconds) and broad jump (10-foot-4) of any quarterback at the Combine. Very durable, experienced, three-year starter — overcame an average offensive line, has never missed any time to injury and will play through pain.

Negatives: Operated an offense where he received adjustments from the sidelines and was often out of sync with receivers. Average field vision and coverage recognition — forces throws and does not work through progressions. Takes unnecessary sacks and does not feel pressure well. Not an elusive scrambler. Shaky lower-body mechanics — does not stand tall in the pocket (crouches, hops, dances and elevates to his toes when he throws). Has pin legs and bad pocket posture. Operated almost exclusively from the gun. Not a student of the game. Nonchalant field presence — does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire. Mild practice demeanor — no urgency. Not committed or focused — marginal work ethic. Interviewed poorly at the Combine and did not show an understanding of concepts on the white board. Opted not to compete at the Senior Bowl and has approached offseason training as if he has already arrived and it shows in his body with minimal muscle definition or strength. Has small hands and glaring ball security issues (32 career fumbles). Really struggled handling the snow in Pinstripe Bowl (took two safeties) and will be troubled by the elements. Needed to be coddled in college — cannot handle hard coaching.

Summary: Started the season red-hot with the help of two playmaking receivers and created a national stir generating a lot of overexcitement in the scouting community. Quickly came down to earth after Kansas State disguised coverages and brought pressure he could not handle and he finished dropping six of his final eight games. A cross between Akili Smith and Aaron Brooks, Smith is a gimmick, overhyped product of the system lacking the football savvy, work habits and focus to cement a starting job and could drain energy from a QB room. Will be overdrafted and struggle to produce against NFL defensive complexities.

NFL projection: Top-50 pick.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

That's... kinda what I see...
Old 04-01-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does one complete 70% of his passes while often being "out of sync with his receivers"?
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nawrocki doesn't like another black QB? Color me shocked!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...riffin-iii-10/

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
LOL.
I didn't want to say it, but some of these 'analysts' go overboard in their criticisms of certain QBs.

WVU wasn't a great football team when they tried to do anything other than pass the football.

When someone questions a player's work ethic, I'm curious about whether that's something that's been corroborated by a coach at WVU. It's been the opposite of what I heard about Smith as a Mountaineer.
Geno Smith has played is so many snow games, I can't believe the only thing Narwocki is citing as evidence that Geno doesn't play well in the snow is his last bowl game.

The comparisons to Akili Smith(!) and Aaron Brooks, who was actually a decent starter for a while in NO, is just a lazy colorized narrative.

Geno got better every year he was at WVU. Give him credit for what he did accomplish in college.

Too many times Nawrocki's analyses seem a tad personal to me.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nawrocki is a tool. He'll attacks players' character without ever interacting with them and report heresay as fact. So many players have value to gain if someone takes a big hit in the media, anonymous quotes are pathetic.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Loved Wilson also.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
LOL.
I didn't want to say it, but some of these 'analysts' go overboard in their criticisms of certain QBs.

WVU wasn't a great football team when they tried to do anything other than pass the football.

When someone questions a player's work ethic, I'm curious about whether that's something that's been corroborated by a coach at WVU. It's been the opposite of what I heard about Smith as a Mountaineer.
Geno Smith has played is so many snow games, I can't believe the only thing Narwocki is citing as evidence that Geno doesn't play well in the snow is his last bowl game.

The comparisons to Akili Smith(!) and Aaron Brooks, who was actually a decent starter for a while in NO, is just a lazy colorized narrative.

Geno got better every year he was at WVU. Give him credit for what he did accomplish in college.

Too many times Nawrocki's analyses seem a tad personal to me.
This is well said.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote