Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-22-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
He also drafted AJ Jenkins and LaMichael James at #1 and #2. I don't think he has a pattern other than following his own rules.
I think our biggest need going into last years draft was finding offensive play makers. So... I think that should still be considered drafting by need as 87 mentioned with the 10' and 11' drafts.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
He also drafted AJ Jenkins and LaMichael James at #1 and #2. I don't think he has a pattern other than following his own rules.
and explosive offensive playmakers was their biggest need last year. I don't see them going WR this year. They got BOldin and they kept Manningham. They have Crab,Boldin,Jenkins,Manningham and Williams. They might bring in a guy late, but a TE is more likely with Walker leaving.

edit - looks like I was beaten to the punch.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I'm not sure any NFL team believes this. Fans? Maybe. I've watched him his whole career and I don't believe they compare much. Tavon Austin is Tavon Austin.
Tavon Austin is DeSean Jackson but more suited to be a slot WR than an X.

I thought I had commented on Amerson. He's got the physical talent (he has talent+) but he definitely doesn't seem to have the mental side of the game.

He has admitted he didn't early in his career, but I have a feeling it's still going on. He just looks lost at times. Buyer beware.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved watching Austin play in college but I don't know about him as a first rounder. I'm thinking he's more Eddie Royal of Eric Metcalf than Jackson or Harvin. He'll always have a job on special teams but I don't think he's a WR fit for every offense, although in the right one, he could explode.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I loved watching Austin play in college but I don't know about him as a first rounder. I'm thinking he's more Eddie Royal of Eric Metcalf than Jackson or Harvin. He'll always have a job on special teams but I don't think he's a WR fit for every offense, although in the right one, he could explode.
Austin seems to be much more of a playmaker than Eddie Royal every was. Austin can play as a vertical threat and Royal never really gets open deep. And I think he just has better shakes and speed in the open field than Royal.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I'm not sure any NFL team believes this. Fans? Maybe. I've watched him his whole career and I don't believe they compare much. Tavon Austin is Tavon Austin.
Well, if front offices have really done their research and understand that Tavon Austin is Tavon Austin, then he'll be drafted no earlier than the late first. But if someone falls in love with him and thinks he's more than he is, and goodness knows not all front offices are necessarily stocked with geniuses, then someone will reach for him early thinking he can be a franchise wide receiver despite his lack of size and the fact that he wasn't even the #1 guy at West Virginia and they'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I'm thinking he's more Eddie Royal of Eric Metcalf than Jackson or Harvin.
These are comparisons I like.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Austin seems to be much more of a playmaker than Eddie Royal every was. Austin can play as a vertical threat and Royal never really gets open deep. And I think he just has better shakes and speed in the open field than Royal.
I just don't see Austin ever playing outside. I wouldn't take someone who can't play outside in round 1. He's a mismatch guy who you move around the field, not someone who you expect to beat #1 corners in man coverage.

Love Tavon but I wouldn't take him over Patterson if you need speed and playmaking ability because at least he profiles as a potential #1.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite what he times at, he doesn't appear to me to have the deep speed to be a burner in the mold of Jackson. Even though he was mostly lined up against linebackers and safeties, he wasn't really getting separation against guys. However, once the ball is his hands, he's electric in the open field. For him to really return on the investment of a top-15 pick, he'd have to get in the right situation, or it'll end up much like what happened for Dexter McCluster (who I know didn't go top-15, but he's also not the talent Austin is). I think though, considering his hands, his mental make-up, and his elite quickness, he'll be successful, especially if he goes to the Jets.