Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-16-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asham27 View Post
Ravens interested in Dumervil.
If we landed Doom I'd be ecstatic, but I've no idea how we'd afford him at this point. Doom and Suggs coming off the edges would be terrifying though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, I laughed when I heard we inquired about him because there's no way we could compete with the other teams in trying to sign him.

That being said, I wouldn't mind one bit if we gave up all effort to re-sign Reed if it meant getting Doom.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One guy I think you guys should look at in the draft is Ty Powell. You guys need some OLB and he is a raw talent. He has great cover skills for a LB he use to play CB and S in JUCO. He can keep improving his pass rushing skills. I think he could replace Kruger for u guys. I like him a lot especially for where he will get drafted
Ty Powell pro day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzKXntDOd4
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ed Reed is headed to Houston

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
League source confirms that Ed Reed is joining the Texans
asham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

darn, this was expected but still really sad to "officially" see him go. No doubt one of the greatest players to ever wear a Ravens uniform.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Godspeed Ed - I hope you do well with the Texans.

On to the Ravens - I refuse to be saddened by this loss and see it as a great opportunity instead. Hopefully we will add young talent who can develop a new core for our defense. Two talented players at ILB and FS is now second and third on my draft wishlist.

First on the list is a fat guy who can protect Flaccos blindside better than Oher while being younger and more reliable than McKinnie.
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sad to see Reed go. He's my favorite Raven ever and it'll be tough to see him in another uniform. I wish the Ravens would have found a way to keep Reed around but at the same time I'm glad they didn't overpay to keep him either. He's still useful on defense but his abilities aren't what they once were and sentiments don't win championships. It sounds like Baltimore is interested in Huff so we'll see what happens there. If they sign him and McClain is ready to go next season that leaves SS and WILL (or WILB, whatever you want to call it) as the two starting needs on defense. I don't want McClain starting or anywhere near the field but it seems like the Ravens like him.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan#7 View Post
Godspeed Ed - I hope you do well with the Texans.

On to the Ravens - I refuse to be saddened by this loss and see it as a great opportunity instead. Hopefully we will add young talent who can develop a new core for our defense. Two talented players at ILB and FS is now second and third on my draft wishlist.

First on the list is a fat guy who can protect Flaccos blindside better than Oher while being younger and more reliable than McKinnie.
Dan, your eternal glass half full perspective is amazing. Losing Ray, my favorite athlete of all time, has been hard enough. Ed leaving is the official end of an era.

Hopefully we bring in Huff. A Texas guy will be just what the doctor ordered.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see Huff brought in, but losing an Ed Reed is devastating. He still sets up QBs like no other DB in the NFL. Moreover, our locker room has been absolutely gutted of leadership. Hopefully, someone steps up cause it's a whole new Ravens team next year.

I can't help but think Ed Reed is more valuable to our team than a Marcus Spears, but I dunno. I was really critical of Ozzie last offseason and we ended up winning the Super Bowl, but this has been a rough offseason so far.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I'd like to see Huff brought in, but losing an Ed Reed is devastating. He still sets up QBs like no other DB in the NFL. Moreover, our locker room has been absolutely gutted of leadership. Hopefully, someone steps up cause it's a whole new Ravens team next year.

I can't help but think Ed Reed is more valuable to our team than a Marcus Spears, but I dunno. I was really critical of Ozzie last offseason and we ended up winning the Super Bowl, but this has been a rough offseason so far.
I don't think that has anything to do with it. Baltimore had more than enough cap space to sign Reed since it sounds like the Boldin trade was official even before his physical. They just didn't want to spend as much on him as the Texans did.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Silver lining of this year's FA is that we will again receive multiple compensatory picks...
Old 03-21-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Silver lining of this year's FA is that we will again receive multiple compensatory picks...
It's looking like they'll get some good ones next season. Baltimore has lost 4 free agents (Kruger, Ellerbe, Williams, Reed) but the two guys they've signed (Canty and Spears) were cut by their former teams so they don't factor into the compensatory equation. We'll have to see who else they sign this offseason but they should be getting at least one 4th round pick.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised Leach hasn't been cut or restructured yet.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Dan, your eternal glass half full perspective is amazing. Losing Ray, my favorite athlete of all time, has been hard enough. Ed leaving is the official end of an era.

Hopefully we bring in Huff. A Texas guy will be just what the doctor ordered.
What can I say? I played football for ten years, and every off season we lost players to either retirement or other clubs, and we always managed to come out younger and better the year after. I just don't hope the Ravens will have such a hard time replacing Reed as my old team will have replacing me :)

Speaking more seriously, someone described this as Ozzie removing a bandage quick instead of slooowly, and while it hurt like hell at this moment, it will feel better quickly.

This way, Ozzie removes a lot of doubt and insecurity about possible retirements or key losses next year. As I see it, some veterans will be brought in while we draft high impact players that will be our new core for our defense, while in the meantime we can lock up those key players Ozzie mentioned in Oher, Pitta, Art Jones and the like.

Instead of losing 2 steps slowly, we will lose it fast, but rebound a lot quicker. If we degress at all, I am still not sure of that. The true impact of Ray and Reed will show this next season.
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Of all the losses this offseason, Reed is really the only one that stings. Everyone else I can see us replacing pretty easily, but Reed is a presence that still factors heavily into every game. I dunno man, I guess in Ozzie we trust.
Quote:
Old 03-21-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asham27 View Post
I'm surprised Leach hasn't been cut or restructured yet.
Me to. We wanted Boldin to take a 2 million dollar pay cut and he didnt so we traded him. But if we cut Leach we would have saved 3 million. It makes me wonder if there was another reason then just cap situation. And Im not being one of those idiots saying Flaccos deal is the reason Boldin was cut. Perhaps we really want to get Doss reps now or we wanted to get as many ppl who can get in the way of Flacco being the leader out of here. Pollard,Boldin and Reed all could have done that.

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 03-21-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

Ravens have apparently made a contract offer to Dumervil.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

wow. surprised but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to have him!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Why aren't we looking at Victor Butler? He'll get paid based on potential but he'd still be much cheaper than Dumervil and 3.5 years younger.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I was wondering about that as well. Signing Butler and relying on him as the primary situational pass-rusher is more of a risk but like you said he's a cheaper option too. I'm not sure how I'd feel about the Ravens spending a lot of money on Dumervil.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Doom could be a presence opposite Suggs it might be the next best thing to replacing Reed (Not that I think Reed can be truly replaced) in terms of helping the secondary.

Not saying I necessarily think Doom is the right move, but I would be okay putting some money into the position to gain the desired effect.

EDIT: Then again it might be nice to see what Upshaw could do with a few more snaps in pass rush situations.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.

Last edited by Sloopy : 03-23-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

Dumervil's coming to Baltimore!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...ltimore-ravens
Old 03-24-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 20m
Ravens are giving former Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil a five-year deal worth up to $35 million, including $8.5 million in year one.
Quote:
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 6m
Cap is $2.5 this year because Dumervil gets $1m salary this year, with $1.5m proration of signing bonus, adding up to $2.5m.
Interesting. It looks like the Ravens won't be adding a pass-rusher high in the draft.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

Isn't he getting less than Kruger?
Old 03-24-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Yep, Kruger got $40.5 million over 5 years from Cleveland. $35 million is what Ellerbe signed for in Miami though.