Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-13-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
I had 2 pints of arrogant bastard for 3 bucks a piece.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that was my reaction as well, i went in unprepared and I had to drive. i'm going to kill it next time.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In NY, there are actually a lot of places that have sweet happy hour deals where you can get normally expensive stuff half price. It's a couple hours and never friday-sunday, but still.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got into Eugene yesterday and have already had so much killer beer. Wow.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
seeing excitement about things like that just makes it easy to never consider living anywhere else.
Where the eff have you been? there better be pink hair involved.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:10 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tried the Bells Hopslam...tastes like any other strong IPA to me.

Favorite to date that I keep going back to is the Founders Breakfast Stout. So tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Where the eff have you been? there better be pink hair involved.

I think it is njx's Lennay Kekua

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Last edited by Brothgar : 03-02-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dad gets deals on boxes of different types of beers by this guy who is a regular at his job. He brought this home and it's not too bad.

[Img] 1.bp.blogspot.com/-Odj2dSIq13s/T7AAPXWheJI/AAAAAAAAAR0/HrxT0B2_jkU/s1600/honey_moon.jpg[/img]

Ugh stupid phone...I'll fix it later...it's blue moon summer honey wheat ale

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 02-18-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for tonight:

Old 02-19-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
for tonight:

Always a solid choice. Great go to IPA.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to try that. Y'all recommended it to me, needa try it. Maybe this weekend

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty damn good.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Flying Dog Raging ***** is fantastic as well.

Had a Sweet Child o Vine today by Fulton for the first time in awhile. Pretty tasty.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the only flying dog I've seen around here, our liquid stores suck once you get sick of the local craft beers.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't a big fan of raging ***** IPA

Speaking of not being a fan of things has anyone tried the new Budweiser? I don't want to spend money on it if I don't have to but I'm curious.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-02-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://simplybeer.com/2010/03/04/gre...le-blonde-ale/
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16132/38298

Bought a bottle of this last night. Not a fan at all. It was tough to get down, but I wasn't going to waste it. I'm not exactly sure why it tasted bad to me. It may have been the high ABV(8.5) more than anything else. No intentions of buying it again.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Gluten free is always terrible in everything.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gluten free is always terrible in everything.
Totally disagree. I had some gluten free carrot cake recently that was fantastic. Also, New Planet beer isn't terrible. It's not great, but it's not terrible either.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Totally disagree. I had some gluten free carrot cake recently that was fantastic. Also, New Planet beer isn't terrible. It's not great, but it's not terrible either.
Well, I guess gluten free can be done well, but the item in question will always be better with gluten. I love me some gluten.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well, I guess gluten free can be done well, but the item in question will always be better with gluten. I love me some gluten.
The only good GF Beer I've ever had was from Steadfast brewery. that is all.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-06-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Delish.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

http://www.ommegang.com/#!press_releases?id=24

Quote:
Brewery Ommegang and HBO® announce first-of-its-kind collaboration behind hit drama Game of Thrones®

December 18, 2012

Belgian-style brewery develops Iron Throne, a blonde ale, crafted in the spirit of the hit TV series

(COOPERSTOWN, NY) Brewery Ommegang and HBO are partnering on a series of beers inspired by the critically-acclaimed drama Game of Thrones. Launching in tandem with the season three debut on March 31, Iron Throne, a blonde ale, is the inaugural beer in the series and the result of a creative collaboration between Brewmaster Phil Leinhart and HBO.

Unlike previous efforts by brewers which were typically executed as ‘brewed under license’ arrangements or straightforward product placement pushes, the collaboration between Ommegang and HBO is focused on developing unique beers that are named and crafted to directly tie into themes and nuances of the medieval-like fantasy realm of Westeros and the surrounding kingdoms, where the competition to sit on the Iron Throne is fierce and deadly.

Both HBO and Ommegang take great pride in a shared reputation for producing the best in their respective fields: award-winning series that are lauded as some of the best written and produced programming on TV, and award-winning beers recognized as amongst the most elegant and well-crafted.

“We are extremely pleased to have selected Brewery Ommegang, while there’s a lot of competition in the marketplace, Ommegang’s expertise and attention to detail in the industry make them the perfect fit for the Game of Thrones brand,” said Josh Goodstadt, Director, Global Licensing, HBO. “Capturing the authenticity, essence and nature of the show, Iron Throne has the richness, quality and all of the elements one would expect in fine ale.”

“HBO has been the definitive producer of high-quality, innovative and ‘water-cooler-worthy’ original programming, and Game of Thrones continues that legacy,” said Simon Thorpe, President and CEO of Brewery Ommegang and Duvel Moortgat USA. “What better partner for our brewery which prides itself on re-imagining the best of beer? Game of Thrones is rich, fascinating, complex, daring and unexpected. Many lovers of Ommegang feel the same way about our fine ales. We think it’s a unique partnership for two unique brands.”

“No one enjoys their job more than I do -- producing and developing new brews to delight lovers of fine beer,” said Phil Leinhart, Brewmaster at Brewery Ommegang, “Add to that the opportunity to collaborate on a beer based on the cultural phenomenon of Game of Thrones and exploring ways to make the beer truly reflect aspects from the show. It made us approach development in a completely new way and I think the first edition Iron Throne reveals that. With a Lannister currently on the throne, it made sense to do a delicate, but piercing Golden Blonde Ale with Noble hops. Iron Throne is certainly fair in color and soft in appearance, yet it still possesses a complexity and bite to be on guard for.”

Iron Throne will be nationally available on draft and in 750ml bottles, for the suggested retail price of $8.50 per bottle, beginning in mid- to late-March and will be followed by the launch of additional beers.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:

Last edited by Brothgar : 03-23-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

a Game of Thrones inspired beer should be something like an imperial stout, not a goddamn blond.

Old 03-23-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
a Game of Thrones inspired beer should be something like an imperial stout, not a goddamn blond.
I was going to say. Eff that noise.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have to admit, your reaction is probably similar to most people's thoughts on the current king, so they did something right there. Obviously you would want it to start with something cooler and worth drinking, but it makes sense, as part of a whole series, I guess.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote