Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Sorry guys. picks up in a minute.
We already skipped you. Feel free to take as loooooooooooong as you want now.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Best line everzzzzz.

Let's be honest here. Max hates his team, even with the supplemental pick he got. I wouldn't care about this draft either if I had to field his squad. This league has 3-4 guys ... you can stretch it to 5 if you reaaaaally want to, who have a chance to win. We won't ever start over (at least I don't see it) and we don't have enough keepers to ever develop prospects (like a true dynasty league would) and we keep too many players to give every guy a chance to compete every year. Since this isn't a dynasty league, I think we should keep LESS than 12 guys, but that's just my opinion. It should be around 3-5 keepers in this format.

It's like we're trying to act like this is a dynasty league, without the proper design in place for it, so instead we call it a keeper league... but we keep too many guys that already creates a large separation from the start. Supplemental 1st round picks is admittance of that. But the rich like to stay rich and throw the dogs a bone just to keep them interested.

I'm not complaining... I like my team a lot. But shall we just tell Max, "Thanks for playing" now?
Thanks buddy. I'm glad i have your support.

I'll make it work.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-22-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks buddy. I'm glad i have your support.

I'll make it work.
I hope you find a way. It wasn't too long ago your team was very good. It was your failures to take risks in trades that left you needing a supplemental pick this year.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Max's team got unlucky with injury losses.

His top 5 picks in the initial draft for this league were A-Rod, Teixeira, Chris Carpenter, Josh Johnson and Brian Roberts.

But not really ever trying things via trades certainly hasn't helped.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As i've mentioned, fortunes can turn quickly.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-22-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
As i've mentioned, fortunes can turn quickly.
I admit I might've been wrong about you not caring as much and that being the reason why you were holding up your draft or telling us to skip you... but I had to think of something and that seemed to work.

If you do care a lot, then ...

Old 03-22-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D, are you gonna pick?
Old 03-23-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
D, are you gonna pick?
Just got here. Why do you only act like this to me? I never even got a text ya bastaaad.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was about to take Pineda. Very pissed.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Just got here. Why do you only act like this to me? I never even got a text ya bastaaad.
I wasn't home to text. I just noticed you had posted in the main league thread after you'd been on the clock for 90 minutes or so and then left without picking.

No worries. I'm gonna take my time here, too.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lord, if I ever become champion please don't let me become like GF.
I don't even know what this means. If you were relying on a decent prospect to turn your team around though then I don't know what to tell you.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-23-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hangover breakfast is calling my name Xio....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok I left a list with Prince just in case.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Boggs is taken. Yoda nabbed him (predictably) a while back.

Was anyone else on that list for BF?
Old 03-23-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Round 17
Prince — Collin Cowgill, OF
MaxV — Chris Johnson, 3B
Yoda — Jon Jay, OF
KCJ — Wandy Rodriguez, SP
Brodeur — David Murphy, OF
DJP — SKIPPED
Yo — Michael Brantley, OF
D-Unit — Michael Pineda, SP
Jughead — Gerardo Parra, OF
Xiomera — Sean Marshall, RP
BF — Jackie Bradley, Jr, OF
GF —

Round 18
GF —
BF —
Xiomera —
Jughead —
D-Unit —
Yo —
DJP —
Brodeur —
KCJ —
Yoda — FORFEITED**
MaxV — FORFEITED**
Prince — FORFEITED**

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-23-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Boggs is taken. Yoda nabbed him (predictably) a while back.

Was anyone else on that list for BF?
adjustment has been made

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
Old 03-23-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Thanks, Prince.

GF OTC!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

My bad, forgot to anticipate that yoda picks every Cardinal.

Thanks Prince.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprise, surprise I have Boggs aye? But I am guessing he'll be back in the 8th inning soon when he stinks up the joint closing. Prince has the real man (Rosenthal) that will be closing games if Motte is out for an extended period of time. Thats looking like even better and better of a pick by Prince.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I told GF he's up.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't even know what this means. If you were relying on a decent prospect to turn your team around though then I don't know what to tell you.
Nah it just means I made a stupid pick and too bad for me that I don't have a brain like yours. Shucks.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Team Xiomera

C :: Jonathan Lucroy :: Ryan Doumit (OF)
1B :: Edwin Encarnacion :: Nick Swisher
2B :: Ian Kinsler :: Matt Carpenter (1B/3B/OF)
SS :: Troy Tulowitzki :: Andrelton Simmons :: Eduardo Nunez (3B)
3B :: Miguel Cabrera :: Chase Headley
OF :: Jose Bautista :: Dayan Viciedo
OF :: Jacoby Ellsbury :: Lorenzo Cain
OF :: Jason Heyward :: Dexter Fowler
BN :: Oscar Taveras

SP :: Jered Weaver :: C.C. Sabathia
SP :: Adam Wainwright :: Kris Medlen
SP :: Jonathan Niese :: Alexi Ogando :: Hisashi Iwakuma
RP :: Greg Holland :: Jason Grilli
RP :: Vinnie Pestano :: Sean Marshall :: Luke Gregerson

Old 03-23-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Team BF

C :: Wilin Rosario :: Yasmani Grandal
1B :: Adam Laroche
2B :: Robinson Cano :: Dustin Ackley (1B)
SS :: Jose Reyes
3B :: Adrian Beltre :: Kyle Seager (2B)
OF :: Adam Jones :: Ben Revere
OF :: BJ Upton :: Angel Pagan
OF :: Alex Rios :: Colby Rasmus
OF :: Ryan Braun

SP :: Cole Hamels :: Jeremy Hellickson
SP :: Mat Latos :: Brandon Marrow
SP :: Brett Anderson:: Phil Hughes :: Ross Detwiler
RP :: Craig Kimbrel :: Grant Balfour
RP :: Ryan Cook :: Drew Storen :: Frank Francisco

Prospects Xander Boegarts :: Mike Olt :: Jackie Bradley Jr.

Could work. Seager needs to become SS eligible, and I wish I had a better backup 1B after having Swisher, Dunn, and Cuddyer last year. On the other hand, my starting pitching is better than last year, and that was the main reason I didn't win.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Round 17
Prince — Collin Cowgill, OF
MaxV — Chris Johnson, 3B
Yoda — Jon Jay, OF
KCJ — Wandy Rodriguez, SP
Brodeur — David Murphy, OF
DJP — SKIPPED
Yo — Michael Brantley, OF
D-Unit — Michael Pineda, SP
Jughead — Gerardo Parra, OF
Xiomera — Sean Marshall, RP
BF — Jackie Bradley, Jr, OF
GF — Kyle Gibson, SP

Round 18
GF — Tyler Clippard, RP
BF — Frank Francisco, RP
Xiomera — Eduardo Nunez, 3B/SS
Jughead — Anthony Rendon, 3B
D-Unit — Jordany Valdespin, 2B/OF
Yo —
DJP —
Brodeur —
KCJ —
Yoda — FORFEITED**
MaxV — FORFEITED**
Prince — FORFEITED**
Old 03-23-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Heads up — League settings change:

Yahoo has added a new setting allowing for a roster slot designated as "NA," which, as I understand it, allows you to place players that aren't currently in the majors and players on temporary leave (like the bereavement list) in it and add someone else in the meantime. Similar to a DL slot.

I have added one to the league, which effectively deepens the league by 12 players assuming you all utilize it.

Additionally, because of this new setting, I think I'm going to knock the 'DL' slots back to four to avoid rosters from being too large. I expect most of us have at least one prospect type that'll fill this 'NA' slot.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-23-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Closed Thread