Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Well the OP does have some points like.

1. Beck vs Stanton? I'll take Stanton any day.
2. Pay a 1st round pick for Kolb or a 3rd/4th for Stanton? I'll take Stanton.

That said Vince Young is a much more attractive option IMO considering you will be able to get him for a 5th round selection
I don't know how I am to feel about my post. On one hand I was correct about Stanton being a starter in the league. On the other I advocated for a team to give Vince Young a shot eww.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB is one of those positions in the NFL where you really only get one chance to show your goods. There are very few do overs for QBs unless you were a high draft pick.

I can't believe guys like Rich Gannon and Stan Humphries are those rare anomalies in the NFL. IMO the problem is, if you aren't a first round pick, you aren't given years and years to either develop into a quality starter, or prove how mediocre you are as a QB.
In today's NFL there are no 'late bloomers' playing QB drafted outside of the first round. Either you look legit the moment you're allowed to finally start, or that's it.

Guys like Jason Campbell and Alex Smith were given YEARS by their original franchises to show something and came up lacking.

I don't know if Stanton will actually be the opening day starter for the Cards, and if he is, be able to keep the starting gig, but it's cool to see a guy who was stuck in depth chart hell finally get a shot.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always liked Stanton, hope he can do well for the Cards. Whether they draft a QB in the first or second will probably determine whether he gets a legitimate chance to start or not.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could start. But that doesn't mean he's good
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rooting for Stanton to start and do well simply because it'll make the Tebow situation in NY even more hilarious.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Fitzgerald decided to be loyal and we see what he's been given to work with. Hope this is a lesson for future FA's. Boldin left, played with a better QB and got a ring. Just annoys me when teams ruin HOFers in their prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanton has some of the happiest feet I've ever seen.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well, Fitzgerald decided to be loyal and we see what he's been given to work with. Hope this is a lesson for future FA's. Boldin left, played with a better QB and got a ring. Just annoys me when teams ruin HOFers in their prime.
It's sad when every NFL fan realizes how great Fitzgerald is, but there is nothing he can do about it.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
It's sad when every NFL fan realizes how great Fitzgerald is, but there is nothing he can do about it.
hes the barry sanders of this era. an all time great hampered by something or another outside of his control his whole career. such a shame, a total class act and great player. the cardinals should reward him with a trade to a contender at some point ala ray bourque
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he is now :D
Old 03-23-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Wodwo
Rookie

Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Stanton has some of the happiest feet I've ever seen.
What do you expect? They escaped from Rex Ryan.
Wodwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arians has shown that he can get the most out of QB's. Stanton ad to have something to begin with or we wouldn't even be having this discussion. My money is on him to do well. I don't see a Pro Bowler, but I don't see a bellyflop either.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK if I know Arian's personality very well yet but he seems to be generally in love with Stanton and the progression he has made over the past season and this offseason
Old 03-23-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Arians has shown that he can get the most out of QB's. Stanton ad to have something to begin with or we wouldn't even be having this discussion. My money is on him to do well. I don't see a Pro Bowler, but I don't see a bellyflop either.
Who? Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, and Andrew Luck, yeah that must have been a real challenge.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Who? Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, and Andrew Luck, yeah that must have been a real challenge.
LOL. Agreed.
Just because you get to coach elite QB talent doesn't mean you know how to IDENTIFY that talent when it's your job to choose them.

After coaching Steve Young and Elway on his resume, Mike SHanahan went into the 2010 season believing John Beck and Rex Grossman were both capable of leading the SKins to the playoffs.

Bruce Arians has never had the responsibility before of choosing his starting QB.
However in this case I hope he's on the mark.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Drew Stanton more than anyone in the league and I hope Darnell Dockett ***** his girlfriend.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:18 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know those guys didn't just achieve greatness on their own. Especially Roethlisberger. I guarantee Ben tells everyone that Arians was a huge part of his growth.

It's kind of like suggesting that Bill Walsh wasn't that great of a coach because he had Montana, Rice and Craig. But they weren't Montana, Rice and Craig when they got there. They were just rookies who hadn't done anything.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
You know those guys didn't just achieve greatness on their own. Especially Roethlisberger. I guarantee Ben tells everyone that Arians was a huge part of his growth.

It's kind of like suggesting that Bill Walsh wasn't that great of a coach because he had Montana, Rice and Craig. But they weren't Montana, Rice and Craig when they got there. They were just rookies who hadn't done anything.
Manning and Luck were #1 overall picks and two of the best QB prospects of all time. They could have had a monkey coaching them and still be great. Roethlisberger was headed into his 4th year and was already a Super Bowl Champion by the time Arians took over as Offensive Coordinator from WR coach in Pittsburgh.

I think Arians is a pretty good offensive mind, but I'm not going to give him much credit for those QBs.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arians helped Tim Couch look like a competent QB in 2002. Just sayin.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-24-2013, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Can't say I recall actually watching much of 2002 Tim Couch, but his numbers were hardly different than the rest of his career.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Manning and Luck were #1 overall picks and two of the best QB prospects of all time. They could have had a monkey coaching them and still be great. Roethlisberger was headed into his 4th year and was already a Super Bowl Champion by the time Arians took over as Offensive Coordinator from WR coach in Pittsburgh.

I think Arians is a pretty good offensive mind, but I'm not going to give him much credit for those QBs.
Fair enough...I thought he was there much earlier in Ben's career so I stand corrected.

So I guess this is the biggest challenge of his career:-)
Old 03-25-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Can't say I recall actually watching much of 2002 Tim Couch, but his numbers were hardly different than the rest of his career.
He flashed the skills that made him get taken 1st overall and he led the Browns to the playoffs, with a number of 4th quarter comeback wins. His numbers might not have been great, but he was definitely more than adequate as a starter that season. He broke his leg in the last game of the season though, and never really recaptured the magic after that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-25-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL Drew Stanton
Old 03-25-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
He flashed the skills that made him get taken 1st overall and he led the Browns to the playoffs, with a number of 4th quarter comeback wins. His numbers might not have been great, but he was definitely more than adequate as a starter that season. He broke his leg in the last game of the season though, and never really recaptured the magic after that.
Stop. Couch never flashed #1 overall skills. And he was only more than adequate as a starter for a couple games his whole career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
LOL Drew Stanton
Good addition to the conversation.