Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
You're right, he's a totally flawless prospect. Nobody should ever question anything about him and the Chiefs would be crazy not to pick him #1.

If anything, Patterson is the prospect I need to see more of. I've seen Tavon. His college tape is breathtaking. His ability to cut at full speed is second to none. But people get too excited over guys like Tavon and they don't ask themselves what Tavon can realistically do in an NFL offense. West Virginia had absolutely zero problem getting the ball into his hands with a bunch of stuff that doesn't really translate to the NFL - bubble screens, jet sweep shovel passes, etc against embarrassingly bad Big XII defenses that never have any interest in jamming/tackling anyone. And yes, there is most likely plenty of readily available tape with Austin allowing the ball to get into his body rather than snatching the ball out of the air, and as a result double catching or dropping the ball, etc. He doesn't always do a good job of tracking the ball in the air, and he certainly doesn't make many contested catches. I don't think he's Percy Harvin because I thought of Harvin as a natural WR that can make plays anywhere on the field, while I think of Austin as a natural RB whose ability will be most valuable in the slot. I don't see a scenario where he can be anything but a slot receiver and a gadget running back.

With all that said, I don't even dislike Tavon. Never said I did. But don't think I see the limitless potential that others do, and I certainly don't trust my Bears to use him correctly.
I guess you haven't seen Sproles in New Orleans, Harvin last season on the Vikings or the Redskins offense last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote