Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-23-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
It's not that ridiculous of a complaint. Those conditions were horrific, snow up to players' ankles and not being able to see the lines is borderline unplayable. There is no way Azteca is even close to as bad of conditions.
Don't get me wrong the field conditions were terrible. Protesting the result is laughable. I mean should every team that plays any of the tiny island nations in the Caribbean file a complaint if they lose on rain-soaked "fields" those national teams call home? Antigua was especially terrible given that the field turned into a bog that had more dirt than grass on it.

I was more-so referring Azteca for the entirety of factors involved at playing there. The smog, the elevation, and the extremely hostile crowd all add up to a much worse overall conditions for an opposing team.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like the game should've been stopped, but the conditions didn't favor one team over the other. I agree there. Azteca is obviously a difficult place to play, but it's for entirely different reasons.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand the argument that they should have stopped the game. I think they have a case on that (not that it will make a difference).

Saying "we would have won if the conditions were better" sounds like sour grapes though.

Whatever 3 points for us.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 03-23-2013 at 04:25 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I understand the argument that they should have stopped the game. I think they have a case on that (not that it will make a difference).

Saying "we would have won if the conditions were better" sounds like sour grapes though.
There is no doubt that the latter is sour grapes.

As an aside, the elevation thing is really pretty damn overrated in my experience. I played a good amount of soccer (as a 205 lb guy that loathes doing cardio) when I was in Quito and while you do notice a difference, it isn't all that jarring.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:56 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The USMNT should worry more about the bags of piss being hurled at them than the elevation.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The USMNT should worry more about the bags of piss being hurled at them than the elevation.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Gotze was super awsome as the False nine. With Reus coming back for this next match it should be another good step in the development of a strikerless formation for Germany as everyone except schweini gets to play:

Reus-Gotze-Muller
-------Ozil--------
Gundogan-Khedira

So sexy, especially when they eventually get their timing down. We just need Low not to go full ****** in the big moments and the defense not to **** themselves, and I'll be able to get myself shanked in brazil for talking **** when we win.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
So Gotze was super awsome as the False nine. With Reus coming back for this next match it should be another good step in the development of a strikerless formation for Germany as everyone except schweini gets to play:

Reus-Gotze-Muller
-------Ozil--------
Gundogan-Khedira

So sexy, especially when they eventually get their timing down. We just need Low not to go full ****** in the big moments and the defense not to **** themselves, and I'll be able to get myself shanked in brazil for talking **** when we win.
You should see this regen striker I signed from Germany on FM 2013. If he were real life, your sig+avatar+location would be all about this dude. Straight monster.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wish I could watch Russia-Brazil game.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I really wish I could watch Russia-Brazil game.
http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/176942...vs-russia.html

Enjoy! :) Very useful site for pretty much every sport.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
You should see this regen striker I signed from Germany on FM 2013. If he were real life, your sig+avatar+location would be all about this dude. Straight monster.
lol eventually one of Volland, Parker, Yesil or Meyer will be NT caliber, but until then, we're gunna have a sexy strikerless formation, that Jogi will rotate with a stale Gomez-led formation.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Volland become a star, I had such high hopes for Nils Petersen when he was an amazing talent at Cottbus in FM.
Volland is now my german striker crush.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I do like me some Volland, he's my bet to lead the line for the Euro's in 2016, but god damn it are Meyer and Yesil super sexy at scoring goals, those two have unreal potential.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad Russia couldn't hold on to 1-0 lead.

Still a nice confidence-boosting result for this young squad.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Too bad Russia couldn't hold on to 1-0 lead.

Still a nice confidence-boosting result for this young squad.
Not sure young would be the adjective I went with, as Kokorin was the only starter I'd classify as young, but agreed on the rest.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-26-2013, 06:59 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Newcastle expected to officially announce a profitable fiscal year!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I know it's cause I'm a bad person, but I really hope Gomez gets hurt for the next year and a half, so Loew doesn't suddenly start playing him again. We look so much more sexy with an actually football player up top.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-26-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Nothern Ireland squad is a pretty fun team to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on Scotland. Pull this off!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Damn USA game being on so late. Lame. Oh well, **** you Mexico.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agarrate los huevos, y venga Mexico! ;)

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

At least you're really Mexican. You can root for them accordingly.

EDIT: Just don't throw any urine in my direction.

Last edited by Rob S : 03-26-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quoted for truth.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets Go Muricaaaaaaaa
Old 03-26-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, should be 1-0 already....

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote