Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-25-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Xavier Rhodes vs Desmond Trufant

Both are big fast potential top 20 picks, who is the 2nd best corner?
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:01 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trufant for me; question Rhodes hips/ability to change directions.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:33 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Trufant's confidence and NFL readiness. I like Rhode's measurables, especially size and arm length. I'd love either one. It depends on what you are looking for in a CB. I think Rhodes would excel as a press man corner, while Trufant is more versatile and could probably do everything fairly well but nothing great...which means I would rather have... Trufant.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be happy with either of them for my 49ers, but I'm a bigger fan of Trufant's.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Trufant may actually end up being the best corner from this draft. He has the ability and potential to be an absolute shutdown cover corner, and the confidence to go with it. I would personally rather have him over Rhodes or Milliner. But I am a homer so I will admit to being biased.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rhodes is very good at bump and run. I like bump and run CBs so I'm going with Rhodes. That athleticism, size, and length is hard to pass up for me.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Rhodes is very good at bump and run. I like bump and run CBs so I'm going with Rhodes. That athleticism, size, and length is hard to pass up for me.
I'm in the same boat. I could see Trufant becoming the better player, but I am a big fan of Rhodes' play style and potential.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will give you that. Rhodes is definitely the more physical player, while Trufant is the guy who isn't that physical but can stick to a receiver like glue.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My problem with Trufant is I don't view him as a lockdown guy bc I can see him struggle with the AJ Green/Julio Jones/Dez Bryants of the world. He's just not big enough to hang with them.

Unless I'm underestimating his size? Anyone have his measurements?
Old 03-25-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnthan Banks.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Johnthan Banks.
We're talking CB's here, not safeties. Too slow.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My problem with Trufant is I don't view him as a lockdown guy bc I can see him struggle with the AJ Green/Julio Jones/Dez Bryants of the world. He's just not big enough to hang with them.

Don't underestimate his physicality. I'd honestly compare his style to Revis coming out. Can hang with any wr in the nfl. That type of potential.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both of them are going to be very good CB's imo.

Just depends on the system your defense runs on which one you would rather have first.

As noted, Rhodes is physical and is rarely caught out of position. People complain about his lack of hips and ability to turn and run but i will tell you I never saw Rhodes get burned at FSU.

One note on Rhodes: He catches the ball like he is Captain Hook.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 03-25-2013 at 02:32 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I've seen Rhodes play the slot and play it well. I've seen him sink his hips just fine. I think he's fine in that regards.

Is Trufant as big as Revis? Revis doesn't get enough credit for being a very good height/weight/speed guy.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've seen Rhodes play the slot and play it well. I've seen him sink his hips just fine. I think he's fine in that regards.
Rhodes never played the slot at FSU, unless someone motioned into the slot and he followed them in.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Rhodes never played the slot at FSU, unless someone motioned into the slot and he followed them in.
I've seen him in there. *shrug*
Old 03-25-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've seen him in there. *shrug*
I'd love to know which games, because he's always been on the outside with Mike Harris, Greg Reid, and Tyler Hunter as Slot CBs in his time at FSU
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Trufant is 6'0 190lbs with a 37.5 inch vert and pushed up 16 reps at the combine. By no means is he undersized, he will come down and do a quick jam at the los and is the better all around player. I do agree that Rhodes is probably the more physical of the two and has the length to harass some of the larger WR in the league.

Rhodes has good speed once he gets going but is a long strider and will have some issues against quicker guys if he can't get a jam. Trufant's short area quickness is excellent and he demonstrated that at the combine when he dominated the 3 cone drill running sub 3.9 sec. I really became sold at the senior bowl when I watched him shadow guys and his movements looked effortless.

That being said Rhodes is going to be a very good player if he is put in the right scheme.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rhodes suits a Cover 2 defense and that is likely the type of team that will be interested in drafting him. Trufant has a shot to be a #1 man to man CB but probably will settle in as a very good #2.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Rhodes suits a Cover 2 defense and that is likely the type of team that will be interested in drafting him. Trufant has a shot to be a #1 man to man CB but probably will settle in as a very good #2.
You are lost my friend. Rhodes is a press man CB. Cover 2 would not be his best strength.

Trufant is probably the most complete CB in this draft. He excells in man and zone.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poyer! But I'd rather have Trufant than Rhodes. He's just more in-your-face and well-rounded.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Poyer! But I'd rather have Trufant than Rhodes. He's just more in-your-face and well-rounded.
You take that Poyer love right out of this thread!

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, it depends on what kind of secondary your team is running.

Rhodes is the bigger, more physical corner, and he's good in run support. He is a natural fit to cover the bigger WR's in press-man coverage, like Marques Colston, Julio Jones, and the Brandon Marshall's of the NFL. I can see him struggling against the smaller, quicker WR's, like Percy Harvin, Wes Welker and Steve Smith.

Trufant seems to be a better fit for teams running more zone schemes, where closing ability and pass recognition is key. He should easily be able to handle the quicker slot guys, but might have trouble against the longer WR's.

I'd take them both. Flip a coin.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rhodes. Bump and run all day.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
You are lost my friend. Rhodes is a press man CB. Cover 2 would not be his best strength.

Trufant is probably the most complete CB in this draft. He excells in man and zone.
Sorry, but Rhodes isn't the most fluid CB and has trouble in man coverage because of it. Yes, he can press but CB's can press in the Cover 2 before dropping into a zone concept where fluidity isn't important but physicality is. He would be an excellent Cover 2 CB but will always struggle some in man to man schemes.