Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-18-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te's was drastically overrated and over-hyped during the season. But once the championship and "the scandal" hit. The guy has many things he does well, and many things that aren't strong points.

He's a 2nd round LBer though, a solid college LBer with questionable translation to the pros. Isn't that the definition of the 2nd round LBer? He's a solid SLB in a 4-3, MLB in a 4-3, or ILB in a 3-4.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o is such a funny case. He went from absurdly overrated to almost absurdly underrated. If you get Te'o in the second round, you just got a heck of a player. I'm not really sure how Minter is now rated ahead of him; I've watched lots of tape on both and Te'o is simply better.

However, Arthur Brown is a better prospect than either of them with the way the NFL is now. He's a guy that has the speed and agility to combat the read option attacks, cover faster TEs and still make the sure tackles you need. Can he get washed out by pulling guards? Sure. But you don't draft Brown to use him as a spearhead; you let him hover behind the point of attack and make plays with his athleticism. You open up holes for him to attack.

Te'o is going to be great somewhere as that spearhead. He probably won't be flashy but he'll be great at occupying people and being a teammate.

Different player types entirely but Brown is the more valuable one for sure (also the more versatile; he really could succeed at any backer spot except a 3-4 OLB; Te'o is a MLB, probably in a run-stopping 4-3 or ILB in a 3-4.)

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:09 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a prospect Teo reminds me a lot of Desmond Bishop coming out. Super productive in college, always around the ball, made a lot of plays...but once he was looked at as an individual rather than as a member of his team, many things came to the surface. When all was said and done, he was a smart but very average athlete. I'm not suggesting that Teo will go in the 6th round like Bishop did, but he certainly is not the beast that everyone once thought he was.

As far as all the charades go, if I were a GM, Teo would be off my board until REALLY late if at all. There is way too much drama in professional sports as it is. The last thing I need is some guy that is a total joke coming straight out of college. I would much rather take a guy like Ogletree, who has had some off-field scrapes but is not trying to draw so much attention to himself. I can reason with that guy...
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:55 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown has to be one of the most universally liked prospects I've ever seen. And I'm not arguing. I don't see a scenario where Brown isn't a really good linebacker. I'm wary of overdrafting linebackers, but I'd be thrilled if the Bears got him at #20. Ideally, I'd like the Bears to trade down about 10 spots and grab him. But I have a hard time seeing the Vikings pass on him twice.

I kind of agree with the idea that, Te'o is a late 1st-2nd round talent, but I wouldn't draft him there. He's just too weird.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Brown has to be one of the most universally liked prospects I've ever seen. And I'm not arguing. I don't see a scenario where Brown isn't a really good linebacker. I'm wary of overdrafting linebackers, but I'd be thrilled if the Bears got him at #20. Ideally, I'd like the Bears to trade down about 10 spots and grab him. But I have a hard time seeing the Vikings pass on him twice.
Unfortunately I have to completely agree with this. For every day that passes, I find it harder and harder to believe that Brown will be available, when my Ravens get on the clock at #32. :-(
Old 03-21-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Brown remind people of Jon Beason in terms of size/speed and ability to attack the ball carrier.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Does Brown remind people of Jon Beason in terms of size/speed and ability to attack the ball carrier.
Yeah, pretty much.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post

I kind of agree with the idea that, Te'o is a late 1st-2nd round talent, but I wouldn't draft him there. He's just too weird.
Funny, I've been racking my brain trying to envision a scenario where the Bears trade down with Atlanta (getting their 3rd rounder) and still get Arthur Brown. It would have to be an elite pass rusher falling (Ansah, Werner, Mingo), but still the Bears have to worry about St. Louis, Indy, Minnesota, and possibly Houston or GB taking him before it gets to the 30th pick.

I still think it's possible, given those teams' other needs and the fact that Ogletree could go ahead of Brown. But I think I'd be willing to gamble that either Brown, Ogletree or Minter are there at 30 in order to get that 3rd round pick.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Funny, I've been racking my brain trying to envision a scenario where the Bears trade down with Atlanta (getting their 3rd rounder) and still get Arthur Brown. It would have to be an elite pass rusher falling (Ansah, Werner, Mingo), but still the Bears have to worry about St. Louis, Indy, Minnesota, and possibly Houston or GB taking him before it gets to the 30th pick.

I still think it's possible, given those teams' other needs and the fact that Ogletree could go ahead of Brown. But I think I'd be willing to gamble that either Brown, Ogletree or Minter are there at 30 in order to get that 3rd round pick.
Dropping down to 30 and still getting Brown would be amazing. I want Leon McFadden in the third pretty badly.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4.75 and 4.71 for Te'o today. He's a first rounder.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still not very fast. And he was claiming he was running 4.6 at the combine but the stress made him run slower. Ok. I wouldn't touch this guy, he's a clown.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His game isn't speed but it's a little encouraging that the combine run is the outlier.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I don't really know. Pro day 40s are notoriously faster than combine 40s, and his best run was a tenth slower. I think the take home message is he's not fast. Not necessarily slow, but not fast for sure.

I don't see 1st round LB in him. You have to have impressive physical tools to be a 1st round LB to me and he doesn't have them. He should be a 2nd round pick.

But he will go in the 1st. Someone will bite.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's fine as a linebacker prospect - granted, I don't know much about scouting - but my problem with him is that I just can't see him fitting in in an NFL locker room. almost a Tim Tebow kind of thing. this guy is supposed to be the leader of your defense but he's probably an ongoing joke to a lot of players. I don't think I said anything particularly new here, just my .02
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote